3DS Terraria for Nintendo 3DS is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game took me only 445 blocks on the N3DS, I hope to see at least one Terraria home menu theme for the 3DS now and a few badges on the nintendo badge arcade ~;) similar to the steam icons. :joy:

It really seems like the more I know about the version the more unappealing it seems.
Smaller worlds, a limit, and no dyes are all rather large signs to stay away for me.

It really seems like the more I know about the version the more unappealing it seems.
Smaller worlds, a limit, and no dyes are all rather large signs to stay away for me.

Portable consoles, with their small screens, limited save space, etc, are always going to have sacrifices made to get them functioning. Features like dyes may come in time, but mobility is the trade-off you get in exchange for these. Not for everyone, sure, but its definitely for some.

So I began playing and I've noticed one annoying thing that I'm not sure if I can turn off or not - doors automatically open/close when I get near them. Not nice when I'm going to the door to suddenly open it to the zombie armade outside :(

A question, will a future update possibly include an option to toggle the "NPC would like to settle down" notifications? Since I know all the NPC requirements I find this a little annoying and would love a toggle for it. So people who know how to play Terraria (Like me) can just turn it off, whereas people new to terraria can keep it on.

When I downloaded the game, while I didn't get the exact value, I did see it to be noticeably less than 640 blocks. It would seem 1 block is not the equivalent of 1 megabit after all. I apologize for any confusion I've caused with my error.

In any case, I've really be enjoying the game, but one nagging issue I still have with it is how small the 'aim-but-don't-move' section is on the Circle Pad. Between the dead zone and the movement zone, there's hardly anything to the aiming-only zone. It's extremely difficult to move the Circle Pad into it, let alone to stay within it, to where it often takes multiple attempts of accidentally walking/dropping through platforms into enemies/jumping off of rope into enemies before I can find it and start aiming. Consequently, this also means the caution required to stay in this section of the Circle Pad also makes aiming really slow. There exists X button lock on, yes, but I've found it fairly useless against targets that aren't moving straight towards you directly (slimes, demon eyes, worms, et cetera). I understand the desire to keep the dead and movement zones large, to compensate for 3DS systems with imperfect Circle Pad calibration or centering, but I would hope to see the aiming-only zone expanded in a future update.

Exchange rates, I assume? We unfortunately cannot control how each country adjusts for currencies. :(
$20 usd is not $30 cad, it's closer to $27. This really sucks because with tax the game costs $34 which is WAY too expensive.

Honestly they should've sent out copies for people to try a long time before release, as all these issues could've been avoided.

Honestly they should've sent out copies for people to try a long time before release, as all these issues could've been avoided.
People have been testing for months, sadly though the small team that was working really hard on it couldn't catch every bug.

No amount of beta testing can or will EVER catch every bug. On any game. Ever.

That is why we pay extra close attention post-release...to catch the things that are missed.

I have no idea why it was rounded up(?) to $30CND...again, pricing on consoles is not as simple as "pick whatever price you want" - not even close.

$20 usd is not $30 cad, it's closer to $27. This really sucks because with tax the game costs $34 which is WAY too expensive.

I've never seen a game that sold for $27 dollars. Most games round to the nearest $10, or maybe nearest $5 when the price gets below $20.

Since the value is above $20 CAD, and its highly unlikely any game is going to be priced at something that isn't either a multiple of $5 or $10 at that price range, this is actually a pretty likely price point.

As for tax, well, that has nothing to do with Nintendo or Relogic, and none of that money is going their way either, so any game would have the same. But from what I'm reading, sales tax in Canada is only 5%, so I'm not sure how you got $34.

now that I got $ 30 to buy pops up that is $ 31.49

Even he is getting 5% sales tax here, so . . . again, this isn't really out of line.

$29.99 CAD is only $22 US dollars, and US buyers pay $20.99 after tax. The price difference here is very minor: a difference of only $2 USD and $2.90 CAD. I'm not sure where the mystery $3 of extra tax came from, but it does not appear to be the norm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom