3DS Terraria for Nintendo 3DS is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife has just downloaded this version. I've just had a quick blast, seems pretty decent! I dunno who likes Terraria more... Me or her! Haha!

I wonder if someone will manage to make Terraria on SNES? It has a mouse controller and everything.
I think I can safely say that none of Re-Logic, 505Games, or Nintendo is interested in this, if it is even possible. 3DS was thought to be next to impossible until recently due to RAM requirements, it's been quite a feat to get it working.

If someone did do it, it wouldn't be available commercially (not legally, anyway). Making new games for a platform that hasn't been available since 2009 doesn't sound like a good business plan.

Man the new 3ds exclusive version will make me cry when it releases, just cause i'm stuck to the old 3ds.
not even mobile has bigger worlds so its a big deal

-
This just made my decision of ps vita V Nintendo 3DS much harder XD
It more of depends on the genre of games you prefer, i like the PS Vita because it has some awesome japanese games and JRPGS too, i know the 3ds have some like those too but the ones for PS Vita are more unique and good, like the ''remakes'' of Disgaea,God Eater,etc.
Now i like 3ds too just for some unique nintendo games like Fire Emblem,Zelda,etc.

I bought Terraria 3DS today and it's good so far. haven't seen anything to catch as bait yet. I support all forms of Terraria. as long as I have the console I can buy it.

I mainly play PS Vita version but I do have 3DS now, PS4, PS3, PC and Vita now. I think I bought mobile a while back too.

Is the glowing effect around the player from the mobile version present?

Also, hopefully it is able to be updated. It would be nice to fight Moon Lord on the go.

Hey, I'm very happy you guys decided to make a 3ds version.
but I'm kinda upset (and quite some other people to) that there isn't a 3D effect. It would've really made the 3ds version stand out from the rest... Is there any chance that this feature still gets implemented in the future?

Hey, I'm very happy you guys decided to make a 3ds version.
but I'm kinda upset (and quite some other people to) that there isn't a 3D effect. It would've really made the 3ds version stand out from the rest... Is there any chance that this feature still gets implemented in the future?
Here's what @Deanzor had to say on that.
A few people have mentioned 3D, but that's not currently a focus for us. The way 3DS works, it's a big overhead to render in 3D. It's more important that we get it working in 2D. Don't be fooled by the graphical style: the massive world of Terraria is a stiff challenge for 3DS.
-------------------------------

wait? there's gonna be an exclusive version of Terraria for New 3DS?
No? What gave you that idea?

Question: About the new3ds exclusive feature... is there going to be online feature? I know I can play online anytime here on my PC but I always go to work thats why I'm so glad there is a Terraria on 3ds and I downloaded the game asap today on my New 3ds.

Ok so here's the story. I was mining when I stumbled upon a mushroom biome! I explored it and got some mushrooms when the hardmode mushroom biome enemies started to spawn. Needless to say I died pretty quick.

@ superMartingamer that just happened to me to :eek:. I was freaking out, and yub I belive its a bug. Which means for know the mushroom biome is off limets.:D

I think I can safely say that none of Re-Logic, 505Games, or Nintendo is interested in this, if it is even possible. 3DS was thought to be next to impossible until recently due to RAM requirements, it's been quite a feat to get it working.

If someone did do it, it wouldn't be available commercially (not legally, anyway). Making new games for a platform that hasn't been available since 2009 doesn't sound like a good business plan.
I was joking you know. It was amazing you managed to port the game on the 3DS!
[DOUBLEPOST=1449803832,1449803595][/DOUBLEPOST]
Man the new 3ds exclusive version will make me cry when it releases, just cause i'm stuck to the old 3ds.
not even mobile has bigger worlds so its a big deal

-

It more of depends on the genre of games you prefer, i like the PS Vita because it has some awesome japanese games and JRPGS too, i know the 3ds have some like those too but the ones for PS Vita are more unique and good, like the ''remakes'' of Disgaea,God Eater,etc.
Now i like 3ds too just for some unique nintendo games like Fire Emblem,Zelda,etc.
Where did people get the idea Terraria is a New 3DS exclusive? N3DS means Nintendo 3DS and the cover art says it is for the normal 3DS... So yeah, it is for the normal 3DS

Question: About the new3ds exclusive feature... is there going to be online feature? I know I can play online anytime here on my PC but I always go to work thats why I'm so glad there is a Terraria on 3ds and I downloaded the game asap today on my New 3ds.
The New 3DS doesn't have any better online feature than the other versions. It just allows you to actually have a use for the additional controls.

Ok so here's the story. I was mining when I stumbled upon a mushroom biome! I explored it and got some mushrooms when the hardmode mushroom biome enemies started to spawn. Needless to say I died pretty quick.
That's actually an issue on all console versions.

The New 3DS doesn't have any better online feature than the other versions. It just allows you to actually have a use for the additional controls.

That's actually an issue on all console versions.

Thats sad... Was actually hoping for the online version so I can play with my buds since I left my country lol.

If you look at the FAQ, then look at (will there be variable world sizes?) They are going to be investigating to see if they will bring out a exclusive for the new 3ds.
Hello Terrarians!

We are very excited to announce that Terraria is now available on the Nintendo 3DS! You can learn how to download your copy from the Nintendo e-Shop HERE. And as a launch day bonus, you can check it out with our friend @Pedguin on Twitch!

Here is a quick FAQ for anyone that missed this information - of course, feel free to ask further questions and we will work to answer them!

Terraria 3DS launch FAQ

What content is included?
Terraria 3DS includes all the content from 1.2 with the exception of Dyes which are excluded on technical grounds*. To make up for that, we’ve added Minecarts, Fishing and a few 1.3 UI options like the ability to quick stack to a chest. The 3DS version also features a completely overhauled interface, making full use of the two screens. You can cycle the bottom screen between an intuitive touch to build interface; a world map; or as a quick-select inventory bar. It’s the most intuitive Terraria has ever been on console, and we’ve included a few surprises for the Nintendo fanbase.

Will there be variable world sizes?
At launch, there is a single world size of 1750x900. You can save up to three Worlds and three Characters per console. This is as large as the original 3DS can handle. We are investigating the possibility of introducing larger worlds as a New 3DS-exclusive feature in future, but for launch we felt it was important to start everyone off on a level playing field.

Any other technical stuff I should be aware of?
This game plays in 2D ONLY. This is for a couple of reasons: the way the graphics layers work on 3DS was not conducive to a really exciting 3D effect; and the technical overheard required to run the game in 3D would have meant compromises in terms of world size and other gameplay-damaging areas. The game runs on ALL models of 3DS (original, XL and New) and also 2DS. The framerate on original 3DS is 30fps, whereas the New gets a boost to 60FPS.

Any other New 3DS benefits?
For launch, we wanted a single version that could be enjoyed by all players. There are different control possibilities for New, but nothing that will unbalance a multiplayer game with people on an Original or 2DS.

How does multiplayer work?
Multiplayer is 1-4 players via Local Play. Each player needs to have their own copy of the game.

Will there be a demo on the eShop?
There are no plans currently to offer a demo. I encourage people to seek out the opinions of their peers – there are a handful of people on the Forum playing this already.

Will the 3DS version be updated post launch?
We are planning to support both Nintendo versions post-launch, as we have done with the console versions. Update 1 is already specced out and scheduled, and we’ll be listening for community feedback from the moment the game goes live.

Will there be cross play between the Wii U and 3DS versions?
This is not possible owing to the smaller world size on 3DS.

When will the physical/retail version launch? Wii U?
Both of these are still planned for an Early 2016 launch.

How much free space do I need to install this game?
The game itself is around 80MB, which @Spectra tells me is 640 blocks. The save game and any subsequent content updates will be saved to the SD card.

I have a technical issue or feedback – where can I provide this?
You can always leave a post on TCF, and/or we would encourage you to utilize our new Customer Service Portal: http://support.505games.com/support/home

We will be gathering any additional bugs from our ongoing play/testing as well as your experience and rolling fixes into that first Update.

*We use pixel shaders to implement dyes on the other platforms, but 3DS does not have this capability.

Remember retail copies for 3DS and the Wii U version are still on track for early next year, so stay tuned!

I'm hoping they eventually discover another way to implement dyes, that's one of the biggest disappointments of this version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom