3DS Terraria for Nintendo 3DS is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another bug to report all fishing poles i noticed only does 1% fishing power. I know for a fact the rienforced fishing pole is 22%

Edit- also for the reinforced fishing pole craftable with only iron. I know that you can use lead to craft it but dosn't appear to be a option for it.

Another bug to report all fishing poles i noticed only does 1% fishing power. I know for a fact the rienforced fishing pole is 22% fishing power.
Possibly just an interface glitch, all the mana weapons seem to say they use negative amounts of mana, which is obviously not true.

Another mana related bug, for some reason armor and accessory granted mana is not shown on the mana bar even though it's apparently there, just invisibly.

Oh Ok. I thought someone said something about an exclusive version or something being New 3DS is more powerful than the originals. That being said I built my first ever Minecart track. I never payed too much attention to them in PC version but now I see limitless potential for Minecarts..I love em!!!

Last edited:
Ok so here's the story. I was mining when I stumbled upon a mushroom biome! I explored it and got some mushrooms when the hardmode mushroom biome enemies started to spawn. Needless to say I died pretty quick.

VERY interested to hear more about this one: which specific Hard Mode enemies are you seeing?

Will a cross-buy initiative (buy the game on Wii U, get it for free or reduced price on 3DS) be launched after the Wii U version releases?

Will a cross-buy initiative (buy the game on Wii U, get it for free or reduced price on 3DS) be launched after the Wii U version releases?

Not been decided, we'd update on anything like that closer to the Wii-U release date.

I found some bugs, actually. First, one of my worlds has 2 painters (I believe they both have the same name, too). The other one actually moved into an empty room my house. Right now, one of them is outside of my house while the other is inside. And to add to the strangeness, the game actually shows him in the NPC List, on the map correctly, gave him a house automatically and still doesn't conflict with the first Painter. No other NPCs have done the same thing so far. I have no idea what will happen when all NPCs move in. Second, I placed a rope coil to climb a hill. However as I was climbing the Rope Coil, my character clipped through the dirt the rope was next to. Third, in addition to all fishing poles having 1% Fishing Power, I also cannot use mine at all (unless you can't just cast it anywhere like you can on the PC version and you need to be near a lake). I tried it in my house and it just would not cast at all, but it still shows that I have bait that I can cast. Fourth (not sure if this was intentional), enemies still spawn near NPC houses. I have 4 NPCs (5 counting the Glitched Painter) and they all live in the same house in separate rooms. But for some odd reason, enemies continue to spawn outside of the house during the day and the night. This never happened to me on the PC/Console versions (except on Blood Moons, of course). I don't understand why. Fifth, items randomly disappear from my inventory when I select them with buttons. I needed an item I got but didn't have. I thought it was strange because I remembered getting it earlier. I closed the inventory and suddenly thought that it might be in the trash. So I checked and it wasn't there. At that point I thought I either removed the item forever by closing my inventory after I trashed the item (and I still think that could be what happened, although in PC/Console Versions, the trashed items are only permanently deleted if you exit the world [or die?]) or it was a glitch. So later, I saw my coins out of order. I moved my Copper Coins to the inventory and when I tried to move it with the buttons, it disappeared. Gone. I looked in the trash (without closing the inventory) and it wasn't there. I switched to my Piggy Bank (since I was also near it). It wasn't there either. Sooooo, my Copper Coins disappeared. Sixth, I saw a Giant Worm! (Bugs, Lol)

I was joking you know. It was amazing you managed to port the game on the 3DS!
[DOUBLEPOST=1449803832,1449803595][/DOUBLEPOST]
Where did people get the idea Terraria is a New 3DS exclusive? N3DS means Nintendo 3DS and the cover art says it is for the normal 3DS... So yeah, it is for the normal 3DS
I'm not dumb, i'm talking about how they gonna make the bigger worlds a exclusive to new 3ds if they can, and the use of N3DS is indeed for new 3ds not normal 3ds.

Some initial thoughts/impressions:

Can you make it so the doors don't open when you walk up to them?

Also the big (A) that appears an screen sometimes obscures your view, can we turn them off or make them smaller?

The music is will abruptly change sometimes when changing biomes... It's a bit annoying!

The character is glowing for some crazy reason, any way to turn it off?

Can we have Auto-Swing only on weapons that should have it please?

And some options don't seem to have the option to use buttons, you have to use the touch screen for chests?

The game feels a bit like it's in super-easy mode.

Please say expert mode is coming!!

I haven't run into any issues in the game, with one exception.

My son and I were playing together for a couple hours last night and we beat the Eye of Cthulu. when we stopped we realized that none of his items or anything were saved so he'd basically lost two hours of progress in the game. I was the host of the game and all of my stuff is still there. Is there any way to make sure that any other players in your game retain the items and weapons they find/craft so that they aren't lost every time they play?

I haven't run into any issues in the game, with one exception.

My son and I were playing together for a couple hours last night and we beat the Eye of Cthulu. when we stopped we realized that none of his items or anything were saved so he'd basically lost two hours of progress in the game. I was the host of the game and all of my stuff is still there. Is there any way to make sure that any other players in your game retain the items and weapons they find/craft so that they aren't lost every time they play?
Make sure all players save their game on their device - don't just turn it off.

Player items are saved with the player, not the world.

If that wasn't the case for you, then we would need to escalate that to be checked out.

Another bug i do belive that makes goblin sorcerores in the goblin invasion difficult, everytime you hit him or he sends a shot to you he teleports all the time so when you are fighting there are like 5 goblin sorcerors trasnporting all over the placeo_O . also the music goes away and comes back everytime you move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom