Terraria from Steam won't start

ПΣƬЯӨID

Terrarian
I've had this problem for a while and every couple of weeks I try going through every guide and walkthrough I can find to fix the problem, but I still can't get Terraria to launch.

I've reinstalled it several times, I've restarted Steam, I've restarted my computer, I've downloaded the latest Microsoft .net framework, I've tried starting it from the start menu, from steam, from the desktop, and "Running as administrator" and I'm pretty much at a loss for what to try next. It used to work just fine and I didn't fiddle with any settings between then and now. Does not appear an error message,starts with the usual "Preparing to launch Terraria" then immediately goes away. Lasts probably less than a second, i already try to diagnostic the cache. i have Windows 10

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Which OS version are you running, and what are the specs (RAM/GPU/CPU) does it have?
Windows 10, Ram 8GB, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Intel core i5-6500

Attachments

• dadada.png
    dadada.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 314
Try starting TerrariaServer.exe. It should give you more info regarding what's wrong.

Leanguage : Italian [PHOTO]

"Unhandled exception : System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.XnaFramework k.dll' or one of its dependencies. It is not a valid Win32 application [Expect HRESULT : 0X800700C1]

Attachments

• bhivgpigygu.png
    bhivgpigygu.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
A quick google on the error code only came up with some confusing answers, but it does seem like you're trying to run 32-bit Terraria with 64-bit .net framework. That won't work, you need to have the 32-bit version of .net installed as well.

Try downloading the latest .net framework (4.6.2) from here. It should install the latest 32-bit .net as well. If the installer claims you already have the latest version installed, try running the installer from the commandline (as admin) with the /repair option e.g:
>NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe /repair

Hopefully that fixes your issue.

A quick google on the error code only came up with some confusing answers, but it does seem like you're trying to run 32-bit Terraria with 64-bit .net framework. That won't work, you need to have the 32-bit version of .net installed as well.

Try downloading the latest .net framework (4.6.2) from here. It should install the latest 32-bit .net as well. If the installer claims you already have the latest version installed, try running the installer from the commandline (as admin) with the /repair option e.g:
>NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe /repair

Hopefully that fixes your issue.

Don't work
NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe /repair = 1 Without ">"
It is not recognized as an internal or external command
operable program or batch file

>NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe /repair = 2 With ">"
/repair It is not recognized as an internal or external command
operable program or batch file

>NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe/repair = 3 Without "space" - "exe/rapair"
Syntax of the command is incorrect

Attachments

• rewr.png
    rewr.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 358
The commandline is running from /WINDOWS/system32. You probably didn't downloaded the installer there so that's why it doesn't work.
You need to open a commandline where the installer is located. The easiest way to do that is probably to navigate to the installer, then in that window (in the File menu) there should be an option to open the commandline as administrator.
In the commandline window, type NDP then press the Tab-key and it should autocomplete with the rest of the name. Type /repair (with a space) and hit enter.

The commandline is running from /WINDOWS/system32. You probably didn't downloaded the installer there so that's why it doesn't work.
You need to open a commandline where the installer is located. The easiest way to do that is probably to navigate to the installer, then in that window (in the File menu) there should be an option to open the commandline as administrator.
In the commandline window, type NDP then press the Tab-key and it should autocomplete with the rest of the name. Type /repair (with a space) and hit enter.

Sorry man but i don't understand how to do that "
In the commandline window, type NDP then press the Tab-key and it should autocomplete with the rest of the name. Type /repair (with a space) and hit enter."

:/ Hmm, lets try it this way...

Press the Search button (right beside the Start-menu) and type cmd. Prompt dei commandi should now be visible. Right-click on it and select "Run as administrator". A commandline window opens, and you should be at C:\Users\<your username>.
Type cd Downloads ( and press enter). You should now be at: C:\Users\<your username>\Downloads

Type NDP (and press Tab) then a space and /repair (followed by enter)
cmd.png

:/ Hmm, lets try it this way...

Press the Search button (right beside the Start-menu) and type cmd. Prompt dei commandi should now be visible. Right-click on it and select "Run as administrator". A commandline window opens, and you should be at C:\Users\<your username>.
Type cd Downloads ( and press enter). You should now be at: C:\Users\<your username>\Downloads

Type NDP (and press Tab) then a space and /repair (followed by enter)
View attachment 154077

"It is not recognized as an internal or external command
operable program or batch file"

And if open it with Administrator "C:\Users\<your username>." don't appear, but appear C:\WINDOWS\<system32>.

Attachments

• dON'T WORK.png
    dON'T WORK.png
    31 KB · Views: 273
The installer isn't there. That's why you get that error.
Ok move the installer to your desktop. Then in the commandline window, type: cd c:\Users\Netrodrive\Desktop
Then type NDP (and press Tab) then a space and /repair (followed by enter)

The installer isn't there. That's why you get that error.
Ok move the installer to your desktop. Then in the commandline window, type: cd c:\Users\Netrodrive\Desktop
Then type NDP (and press Tab) then a space and /repair (followed by enter)

And now?
1)restores the original state
2) Remove

Attachments

• and now.png
    and now.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 270
Back
Top Bottom