Terraria Future and Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which update do you think was/is the most important one so far?

Votes: 113 13.7%

Votes: 352 42.7%

Votes: 358 43.4%

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Just a thought - is it possible to add continuous wire pulse along with toggle one? Like redstone signal in Minecraft. That would add even more diversity to mechanical abilities and possible circuits.
I imagine something like that would require an entirely new wiring system. In a way though, you could imagine the mechanisms in terraria as behaving like that already, with the only difference being that there's no distinction between on and off when it comes to the actual wires.

I have confirmed that Terraria 1.3.1 will release on Febraury 33rd, 2016.

But seriously, I can't wait for 1.3.1. I want to try out the new wiring goodies.

I'm disappointed with PvP this time round, definitely in favor of magic IMO. Unless you have a Meowmere which most servers ban for the obvious reasons. I think in 1.3.1 they should do some balancing, again, in my opinion.

Of course, terraria pvp is still a light show spectacle, just one that favors players with over-powered weapon sets as appose to skill.

...in my opinion.

It's been a while since last spoiler. Me sad panda.

Re-Logic does not like to spoil premature content because things are subject to change in development. In addition, if everything is revealed ahead of time, there won't be any more surprises when the consumer finally gets the update. Just try to have a bit of patience.

i liked 1.3 on PC.
1.2 doubled the AMOUNT of items not gameplay really. its like mine craft is now. they've gotten so far on gameplay the best they can do is add more items
1.3 however is not like mine craft at all.
the items they added were almost game breaking.
it made it better/much better
idk about console or mobile but tbh its really freaking cool how that works
thats just my opinion

I think I've had enough time to experience and get a good feel for 1.3 by this point to reevaluate my previous analysis on which Update was the most important. I still stand by how 1.2 was the most important Update. I still think 1.3 was a very great and important Update as well, for adding an Endgame Event, Final Boss, New Difficulty Mode, and making old elements of the game become much fresher (New sprites for old Ores, Updated Goblin Invasion, Revamped King Slime with a new event dedicated to it, better player customization, and new Mini Boss enemies for the Underground Corruption/Hallow) along with signifying Redigit's last update on Terraria before he moved on to other projects.

Still 1.2 represented the "revival" of Terraria with 1.3 sort of being an extension of 1.2 since they planned to add the final "Lunar Boss" back in 1.2, but this eventually evolved into the Lunar Events we see in 1.3 which required it's own major update. Terraria could've ended at 1.1, and it was planned to end it at that update because Redigit was facing real life/personal issues. It was certainly still a complete game on it's own, it would still have been a great game that can give many hours of enjoyment beyond 1 Playthrough, but it still felt like something was missing, which is why Terraria wouldn't have the same level of excitement in the long run if it didn't get the 1.2 Update. 1.2 added tons of new Furniture, the Dye System, expanded the Ice Biome, and was able to bring Hardmode Content to every biome in the game to truly make the 2nd Half of the game feel complete. Overall, it feels like 1.2 was able to fill in something that felt missing from 1.1 and 1.3 helped 1.2 to make Terraria become truly complete.

Now about the future:

Assuming the New Event Cenx mentioned was not an April Fool's Prank I am curious to what it could be, and what "Tier" it would be in. Since 1.3.1 sounds mainly focused on adding new mechanisms for the builders of Terraria, it never even crossed my mind that something somewhat big as a new Event would be added for this update. Even though I know 1.3.1 probably won't just be about wiring.

I'm still assuming that it was part of the April Fool's Prank, but knowing Re-Logic in the past, part of their April Fool's pranks turn out to be true. (Not the whole thing, but part of them with Duke Fishron and Martian Madness being examples). And it's very unlikely they would actually remove the Rod of Discord from the game. Either way this could be one of many surprises that many people weren't expecting to see on this next update.

I said already about the Rod of Discord thing. If teleportation would break the event, then the Rod of Discord would be removed along with all variations of the Magic Mirror and wired Teleporters. Just now (while typing this) I also realized that the Portal Gun allows teleportation, so that would also have to go. And varying Potions capable of teleportation. However, since she explicitly stated the Rod of Discord, I am under the impression that the part about her status is false. The event itself is likely true, given the half-truths Re-Logic likes to pull on April Fools.

Yeah the RoD removal is likely bogus. I'm still waiting on @Cenx to implement the unnerfed upgraded RoD we talked about way back. "I'll see what I can do" or something to that extent. But I'm fairly sure they won't bother now, with the Portal Gun implement, despite the fact that the Portal Gun is kinda trash in practical use.

They may also find it hard to justify an unnerfed RoD unless you nerf it specifically for Multiplayer, though I think the hassle of swapping weapons and getting slow, not to mention lose momentum, well makes up for it. As long as it requires "more than Expert Mode skills to attain".

Here's some boilers:

If you're not familiar already, check this post:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-state-of-1-3-1-for-pc.42306/
It shows a video of 1.3.1 content!

Additional info:

• 1.3.1 will be small in terms of content, but its introductions allows for greater complexity (Duh, logic gates and stuff)
  • Making Terraria "wrap-around" so you can walk around the edges like in Starbound, would likely be extremely difficult
    • I honestly don't think it'll ever happen in Terraria 1. Maybe Terraria 2, if that's not killed due to directional influence from T:O.
  • There are tools to place actuators, and to actuate them more conveniently
  • As you may guess, Mod Support is also a large job, and may not come in 1.3.x at all, if ever in Terraria 1.
  • Anything that requires the use of more Memory (RAM) in Terraria is unwanted and avoided at best by the team.

Actuation tool gif:

ReMGbU1.gif

What's going on in the initial video:

Sources:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-state-of-1-3-1-for-pc.42306/page-2#post-948607
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-state-of-1-3-1-for-pc.42306/page-2#post-948623
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-state-of-1-3-1-for-pc.42306/page-3#post-948736
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-state-of-1-3-1-for-pc.42306/page-9#post-949377
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-state-of-1-3-1-for-pc.42306/page-2#post-948609

Last edited:
I have an idea for terraria. You know how it seems like nightgoes by really fast? It would be cool to have a potion that made nightime longer. I domt knowby how much but im thinking it would be increased by 100% in normal mode and 50% in expert mode.

This is not a suggestion thread. To post suggestions, go to the "Forums" tab, scroll down to "Player Suggestions", click, select a category, then press the "Create new thread" button in the middle-top-right.

Omg, 1.3.2 in two parts. Is there a theme for this update? I wanna know what to expect! :merchantconfused:
I wanna say 1.3.2 will be a cosmetic type of update (completing furniture set and stuff), but I think it's too early to say (and it's just wishful thinking on my end)

I'm going to assume that the underground desert assets still have to be made, unlike the assets that have already been made but were not implemented into 1.3.1. So what I'd wager is that the bulk of 1.3.2 will be these unused assets and the mini event and 1.3.3 will be the underground desert content expansion and anything Re-Logic didn't have the time to implement into 1.3.2.

Less than 2 minutes left till 1.3.2 drops.

If you want the answer to when to play, remember that hotfixes are always likely with big releases. So safest is to play tomorrow, technically.

Back
Top Bottom