Terraria Future and Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which update do you think was/is the most important one so far?

Votes: 113 13.7%

Votes: 352 42.7%

Votes: 358 43.4%

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Really excited about 1.3
The spoilers they are giving us... that's eating our patience.. Haha :D
Those weapons I've seen look fun to play with. Hoping for an auto-sort function or smth too!

Don't know how you would troll people with it.
Maybe you'll annoy people with the sounds.
Maybe you'll kill people with it on PVP/get killed by people with it in PVP.

Make a teleporter into a small box , as soon as the fish takes the bait and teleports I'll break the wire and spam the living poop out of meowmere , I already know people that'll get annoyed to hell xD

I heard there is going to be a new NPC in the game...
She is going to tell the player things that are going to be in the game
...and then open your doors. At night. The Cenx NPC.

I'm on mobile waiting for 1.2.2... Yup and my game is already crashing on 1.2.1 :,(. Wish I had the money to upgrade lol

Really excited about 1.3
The spoilers they are giving us... that's eating our patience.. Haha :D
Those weapons I've seen look fun to play with. Hoping for an auto-sort function or smth too!
I wonder if the armor that Cenx had on in the spoilers is developer-exclusive or not, because I SERIOUSLY want that armor. :sigh:

Terraria 1.1 was awesome, it seriously lifted the game. I think there shouldn't even be a 1.3 optio because it's not out yet, we only have spoilers, not enough.

Is it just me, or has nobody addressed the spoiler seen in the first few seconds of Hero's video?

Terraria 1.1 was awesome, it seriously lifted the game. I think there shouldn't even be a 1.3 optio because it's not out yet, we only have spoilers, not enough.

The 1.3 option was included for later use, that's why you're able to Change your vote on the poll. This thread will stay around, and it's too late to add a poll afterwards I think.

Is it just me, or has nobody addressed the spoiler seen in the first few seconds of Hero's video?

The 1.3 option was included for later use, that's why you're able to Change your vote on the poll. This thread will stay around, and it's too late to add a poll afterwards I think.

He addresses it in the video though. Starting at 3:45 .
Looks pretty fun , not sure how much use it would be in actual practice outside of say events/invasions .

1.2 because it has the most stuff so far?
But i like 1.2.1 because drax and pickaxe axe are cheap and you can mine almost everything with palladium pick

He addresses it in the video though. Starting at 3:45 .
Looks pretty fun , not sure how much use it would be in actual practice outside of say events/invasions .

Yes, but I've never seen anyone talk about it in here.

Also, it looks like an EoC shield. The knives probably consume mana, unless they have zero knockback. Or, maybe they don't actually pierce, it's just the dummies that don't count as a mob hit. That'd be practical for testing damage calculation randomness per hit.

Part of the terraria 1.3 update is rumored to be that terrarians would be able to use weapons with mounts. Should be super OP if that's true!
YEAH YEAH SUUUPPERR OP
YEAH
yeah

That's not a rumor it's true, and it won't be OP; it would be just fighting with a worse version of wings that doesn't require an accessory slot, just that (minecarts aren't worse than wings but they require building tracks and :red: so..)
In a game where items goes straight into your inventory by themselves I find it weird that they didn't implement attacking on mounts from the beginning.

YEAH YEAH SUUUPPERR OP
YEAH
yeah

That's not a rumor it's true, and it won't be OP; it would be just fighting with a worse version of wings that doesn't require an accessory slot, just that (minecarts aren't worse than wings but they require building tracks and :red: so..)
In a game where items goes straight into your inventory by themselves I find it weird that they didn't implement attacking on mounts from the beginning.

I've addressed this earlier. I don't agree, especially given the nature of the miner saucer we saw earlier. But we'll ultimately see when this is released.
Personally, I can only speculate, as I've not even been playing 1.2.2 and up. I've been saving all that for 1.3.

I've addressed this earlier. I don't agree, especially given the nature of the miner saucer we saw earlier. But we'll ultimately see when this is released.
Personally, I can only speculate, as I've not even been playing 1.2.2 and up. I've been saving all that for 1.3.
You're just exaggerating, but yeah, we'll see when it gets released.

Pff. Rookies.

In other news!

e0VJYcg.png

( http://i.imgur.com/e0VJYcg.png )

• New Loading bar. The above picture is from Cenx' profile.
  • Kane hints, "there might be more to this than meets the eye". New biome perhaps?
  • The symbols seem to represent corruption/grass on the surface, gray rock in the middle and orange hell/lava underneath. Remember, this update may have the Dante's hell facelift we've been waiting for.
  • There are two loading bars, probably one of them is for the particular phase in generation ("adding more grass") while the other is for overall progress.
  • Kudos to Criddle for noticing the colored outline on the top Terraria logo!
  • The remainder graphics on the loading bar could also be a reference to new content, such as bosses, factions, helmets or other.

Initially, it seemed like the two ends were helmets of some sort, the right one a grass helmet with a sword and the left one more evil, perhaps just a creature head. The fact that both have a gem-like thing is interesting, speculation could lead to that being some sort of attainable trophy or object.
What's interesting to note is that the progress bar on top seems to go from Corruption to Forest, whilst the bottom one, indicating obviously that it's the underground below those two, stays gray and uncorrupted throughout the entire bar.

Chances are that the "fill" inside the loading bar on top is also gonna turn more greenish as it advances towards the green counterpart, but who knows.
The idea that the world might now revolve around itself also popped up.
I also had some thought about sky islands and height distances, but I forgot what that was.

There's also of course the notion that just like the progress bar, you're supposed to go from "corrupt to noncorrupt" to unlock something, but that would require a major game model change and isn't something I'd speculate in.
Neither is the notion that the underground will remain uncorrupted past hardmode, or is somehow supposed to become uncorrupted. It'd be more likely that the biomes have a continued development, possibly even a new biome to fight.

The loading bar might indicate that the Corruption is being made, but I doubt this, considering I think Corruption is made after Forest.

Notice that Hallow does not seem to be represented.

Sources:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?members/cenx.5/&page=5#profile-post-46152
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/new-generation-loading-bar.181759/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom