Terraria Future and Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which update do you think was/is the most important one so far?

Votes: 113 13.7%

Votes: 352 42.7%

Votes: 358 43.4%

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
If you get get off it as easily as you can swap a weapon, the difference may not be that big. But I haven't tried the mounts yet, I stopped playing before the Spectre Armor was split into several pieces. Wanted to play fresh in 1.3.

In other news.. Is this legit? When did this happen in that case?
index.php
Man, that scared me. But then I looked at the date and calmed down.

By the looks of it, this might be bigger than 1.2, but not as important
I think no update will be as important as 1.2. You know, because of game revival and stuff...
[DOUBLEPOST=1422533596][/DOUBLEPOST]
..all the Nintendo lawsuits, cause Master Hand.:rolleyes:
Like, because of Master Hand nobody else can create giant disembodied hand monster? I don't believe their copyright goes that far.

New boiler!

0FiGzWm.gif

• Pink Gel (already confirmed previously) shown for the first time
  • Bounciness is significantly less than your original jump height, and decreases with each bounce

Source:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...s-1-3-spoiler-recap-interview-with-cenx.9767/

Man, that scared me. But then I looked at the date and calmed down.

I think no update will be as important as 1.2. You know, because of game revival and stuff...
[DOUBLEPOST=1422533596][/DOUBLEPOST]
Like, because of Master Hand nobody else can create giant disembodied hand monster? I don't believe their copyright goes that far.

It was a joke, but if I'm to be honest with you, it wouldn't be unlike them to actually sue you over that. It doesn't matter if their copyright should logically apply or not.
This has to do with the fact that lawsuits in the U.S aren't logical in the first place, and they are always won by the mighty corporations.

They could even just hold you in court till you run out of money, if they really wanna make a statement. Also, many big companies (Apple) sue left and right over every little thing they possibly can, hire tip top lawyers to win the case, and even if they don't win the case, they continue on to another.

Did you know that Apple tried to protect the right to have rounded corners on cellphones?

But no, I don't think Nintendo would sue over Master Hand if it turned out to be a very different hand. They're being pretty anti-consumer in other areas though, and their top priority is to protect the few IPs they actually got, so don't expect them to look past a chance to sue over it.

Last edited:
Release date confirmed: less than 6 months
[DOUBLEPOST=1422892329][/DOUBLEPOST]Well Cenx said likely less than 6 months

Cool! Finally some updated information :D

So my assumption deadline is still met.

I basically said earlier on IRC that..

February: 3
March: 6
April: 5
May: 4
June: 2
July: 1

This is how many points of likelihood I assigned them each, based on old understanding of 1.3

But now that I realize 1.3 is probably larger than I hoped for, I'm gonna say this is slightly obsolete.
4 months now seems more possible than earlier.

My window of speculation used to be late feb-april.
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised about a late April-early June release.

EDIT:

Here are some left-out spoilers on Redigit's page, newest to oldest:

• Frost Armor has a new recipe
  • He's "fixing melee", probably a joke, something that looks like a yoyo?
  • Royal gel?
  • Weird spinny circle. Better be a new Demon Scythe!
  • "Slime is falling from the sky"
  • Grub Soup is coming?
  • "Magic Water Dropper"
  • Exploding nail gun
  • Oct 27, he finished some minibosses and made 20-something items obtainable
  • Jellyfish now finally show a shock animation
  • You can apparently attack on some mounts?
  • Sunflowers are buffed
  • Apparently he asked Cenx to test something badass

Z8jm9Bq.gif

pa3qnnE.png

Source:

Redigit's Profile (screenshots): http://imgur.com/a/ZRLd2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom