Terraria Future and Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which update do you think was/is the most important one so far?

Votes: 113 13.7%

Votes: 352 42.7%

Votes: 358 43.4%

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Would love to have some expanded granite/marble especially for marble because I wanna have a renewable source for marble so I don't feel guilty when I destroy a marble cavern for builds.

Also if I had to take a guess at what 1.3.5 update might be about: something with cosmetics like furniture or vanity (lets be honest some stuff kinda looks outdated).
I'd love to see a cosmetics update! Another thing I'd love to see is a completion of many older furniture sets, many are missing items such as couches, cups, toilets, etc. It really drives my OCD insane to see these things go to waste. Also, I'd LOVE to see some of the unobtainable items that are currently missing from the game added back in, such as the lunatic cultist bag, the crystal furniture set, and some other miscellaneous things, maybe even some of the missing creatures!

OUR WISHES HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! The cosmetics update is coming! Old furniture sets will be completed, and we are getting 2 new sets! (Golden and Crystal!) And we are just beginning to switch (+1 if you get reference) into the spoilers! Who knows what else could be coming! GET HYPED! (

I would be surprised if they redesigned the game as 4K. Remember, there's a difference between making the GUI and zoom and all that scale correctly, and actually inserting 4K textures for native 4K.

If the game does not have 4K assets to support its 4K resolution, it's not going to be true native 4K, and what I think they're doing, is making a scaled enhancement that allows for problem-free scaling to any resolution within 16:9. If they make it work for all aspect ratios and resolutions, that'd be amazing, but that's not likely to work out once things go over a certain size unless they force-upscale a lot, which only works so far.

This means that while your blocks won't look that much more detailed and nice in 4K, you will still be able to play in it without issues. Don't confuse it with a "4K quality game" :)

Now for Terraria specifically, this might not be noticeable, if the game zooms out enough to make the textures occupy just as many pixels. But that's an if. I personally wouldn't wanna zoom out too much and have a tiny character.

Last edited:
@Diablonar Personally, I love having a zoomed-out experience, I can see more around me, which makes the game more immersive in my opinion. Very nice change they have implemented here!

I got Terraria on my ps4 and im dieing for the 1.3 update now what am wondering is once the 1.3 update hits will console players be able to play with pc players cuz that be awesome you know but if that dosent happen then on big woop but on the official website it says that with the 1.3 for consoles will bring them equivalent or close to it to the PC versions so im just hopping some one mite know

I got Terraria on my ps4 and im dieing for the 1.3 update now what am wondering is once the 1.3 update hits will console players be able to play with pc players cuz that be awesome you know but if that dosent happen then on big woop but on the official website it says that with the 1.3 for consoles will bring them equivalent or close to it to the PC versions so im just hopping some one mite know
Relax man, it will come one day. Keep in mind that consoles are inferior in terms of hard-ware to the PC, so it may take longer to port over. They may be using a different coding language as well.

http://terraria.wiki.gg/Wall_of_Flesh
I'm not sure how you would ever think 1.2 or 1.3 could simply out rank Hardmode.

I guess this is kinda reawakening a somewhat dormant subject (well, it's been a month or two), but I like discussions and that one interests me.

I agree that 1.1 was more important than 1.3, as the advancement of the game and the beginning of hardmode marked a HUGE change for the game as a whole; however, I say 1.2 was the biggest update, as it made hardmode more than an hour's play and added an enormous part of what we get out of it today.

In my view, the updates are based like this:
1.1 Added the first major step to the advancement of the game
1.2 Made that step a lot more important than it initially was
1.3 furthered the progress of the game, creating some epic and creative possibilities not yet possible, but long dreamed of, like fighting a boss and four separate armies all for the sake of summoning a boss that makes duke fishron look like a pig drowning in water. (lol.. really been enjoying that)

Care to dispute? As I said, I enjoy discussions.

Gaming in the lounge room I'm gonna love that UI scaling. You see, the game looks good in hi-res, all zoomed out but it's hard to read/see items in the inventory and whatnot. Getting my GUI twice the size while the game stays hi-res will be like making love to Daisy Ridley. Almost.

Back
Top Bottom