Terraria Future and Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which update do you think was/is the most important one so far?

Votes: 113 13.7%

Votes: 352 42.7%

Votes: 358 43.4%

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
I guess this is kinda reawakening a somewhat dormant subject (well, it's been a month or two), but I like discussions and that one interests me.

I agree that 1.1 was more important than 1.3, as the advancement of the game and the beginning of hardmode marked a HUGE change for the game as a whole; however, I say 1.2 was the biggest update, as it made hardmode more than an hour's play and added an enormous part of what we get out of it today.

In my view, the updates are based like this:
1.1 Added the first major step to the advancement of the game
1.2 Made that step a lot more important than it initially was
1.3 furthered the progress of the game, creating some epic and creative possibilities not yet possible, but long dreamed of, like fighting a boss and four separate armies all for the sake of summoning a boss that makes duke fishron look like a pig drowning in water. (lol.. really been enjoying that)

Care to dispute? As I said, I enjoy discussions.
Hardmode changes the game, content after hardmode was added, was an addition to Hardmode. Fishing changed how some people play the game, I prefer changes not additional content to gameplay.

http://terraria.wiki.gg/Wall_of_Flesh
I'm not sure how you would ever think 1.2 or 1.3 could simply out rank Hardmode.

If you really think 1.1 was better and more important than 1.2, you probably weren't there to see the before and after- 1.1 Hardmode essentially boiled down to hammering out the last armor and equipment pieces as your world got eaten up by the biomes. There wasn't a Clentaminator, so you really couldn't do much about your world getting eaten, and total purification was basically impossible.

Also, keep in mind that 1.1 was the era where all brick types were reskins of each other, and bricks were essentially all there was in terms of decorative blocks, so you had garish floating islands and dungeons. You also had only one furniture set, no actual snow biome, red wire only, no slopes or waterfalls, no rope, no honey.....

Hell, I'd take a Hardmode-free 1.2 over the full 1.1 any day, and I'm probably not alone in that assertion. There were people who actually hated 1.1, believe it or not, and back then everyone was told 1.1 was the final Terraria update. (This was back in the Terraria Online days, when it was just Red, Tiy, and that Blue wierdo.)

Last edited:
Honestly I think 1.3 is the most important. It added more content to 1.2 and made it ten times better, making the game fresh in pretty much every way.

I don’t know if this is the right thread be posting this on but does anybody think it will be possible that mods will come to console just like Skyrim

I don’t know if this is the right thread be posting this on but does anybody think it will be possible that mods will come to console just like Skyrim

If it had been any other community for any other dev I would have said no. In this case, I'm gonna say probably not but maybe. If it's feasible without too much work, and there's demand for it, the odds increase.

Considering even the PC game doesn't exactly have a streamlined mod support system, I wouldn't hold my breath.

If it had been any other community for any other dev I would have said no. In this case, I'm gonna say probably not but maybe. If it's feasible without too much work, and there's demand for it, the odds increase.

Considering even the PC game doesn't exactly have a streamlined mod support system, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Right on brother I appreciate your input anyways that would be amazing to see you though

I believe 1.2 was the biggest Update because funny enough, I started on Console, and I worked my way through Hard Mode and pretty much got all the bosses I was interested in. It was also a game me and a few friends could play together for a long time. It would last until I think Christmas of 2016, where the friend who knew all became less active over time.

I don't understand personal computer users on their computer using their computer to complain about console updates.......

Play it on your COMPUTER

I don't understand personal computer users on their computer using their computer to complain about console updates.......

Play it on your COMPUTER

Admittedly, Terraria might be an outlier because it's a rather light game, but having a computer doesn't mean you have a computer that can *run* whatever game may be in question.

Back
Top Bottom