Terraria Future and Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which update do you think was/is the most important one so far?

Votes: 113 13.7%

Votes: 352 42.7%

Votes: 358 43.4%

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Also, this thing:
Tp8PoSa.gif
This is the greatest thing I have ever seen...

Those new backgrounds make me feel slightly hopeful for detailed underground backgrounds in other biomes too. It'd be so nice to see that kind of background in the underground snow.

You know, there was actually a suggestion way back on TO for enhanced underground and underworld backgrounds that had used parallax like the surface right here. When I saw it I knew it would work perfectly for the underworld since its a flat and open area of the game like the surface, but I wasn't sure how well it would work in regular underground areas because of their random and unpredictable nature...

If you think about it - not every background being a huge cavernous expanse makes sense. If you are digging a hole, for example, it doesn't make the other sides of that hole into a huge open space. Weaving that dynamic into areas where it's part "digging hole" and part "natural cave" becomes challenging. Just good for thought on why the team may have taken this approach.

If you think about it - not every background being a huge cavernous expanse makes sense. If you are digging a hole, for example, it doesn't make the other sides of that hole into a huge open space. Weaving that dynamic into areas where it's part "digging hole" and part "natural cave" becomes challenging. Just good for thought on why the team may have taken this approach.

I agree, the underworld has large open spaces while the underground has small spaces :D

Back
Top Bottom