PC Terraria has stopped working everytime I launch the game.

Berk Rider

Terrarian
********************SOLVED********************SOLVED********************SOLVED********************SOLVED********************SOLVED********************SOLVED********************SOLVED*********************
my solution... installed windows 10 -.- probably something wrong with my w7 version, which is strange because got over 600 hours gameplay on w7, but that was before I had it reinstalled
********************SOLVED********************SOLVED********************SOLVED********************SOLVED********************SOLVED********************SOLVED********************SOLVED*********************

Straight to the point: Everytime I try to launch the game I get this annoying popup saying that "Terraria has stopped working" and the only option is "Close the program".

index.php

I never had this problem before, but last year I had to reinstall my windows 7 due to some issues I was having, and now with journey's end comming I decided to install it again but I'm getting this popup everytime I launch it.

Here's what I already tried:

- Launch it through steam
- Launch it through the root folder .exe
- Reinstall (did it like 5 times already)
- Verify files integrity (everytime I do it theres always 1 file that fails validation and steams downloads it, seems to be the configs of online server so the devs says it's not related to the problem)
- Compatibility mode (my pc is W7 but it won't work with any other OS in compatibility mode)
- Admin mode
- Admin mode and compatibility mode at the same time
- Install net framework (I had ver 4.8 installed, I uninstalled it and installed ver 4.0 that came with the game, then I installed 4.8 back again since it wasn't the problem and I needed at least 4.5 for discord)
- Install xna framework (installed and reinstalled)
- Install DirectX (installed and reinstalled, right now I'm using DX11)
- Waited... Yes I waited a few weeks and tried to launch it again hoping that for some mysterious reason it would come back to normal again...

I bought it long time ago so there's no way to get my money back now, and I really don't want to, I just want my game to work again as it used to.
Months ago I posted this same problem on steam forums and terraria forum pc bug reports threads, but nobody gives me a light, and from the list you can see that I already tried everything the internet had as a potential solution...

WHAT SHOLD I DO????

My pc specs:
OS - W7 ULTIMATE SP1 (The guy who installed it said it was the lastest version released for w7)
MB - ASUS M5A78L-M LX/BR
CPU - AMD FX6300
RAM - HYPER X 8GB
GC - NVIDIA GTX 750 TI 2GB

Last edited:
bro im having the same problem and i cant get answers... have you figured out what the problem was yet
nope and I'm almost giving up searching for help with the support, since neither steam terraria support nor this forum support gives me any help... probably they didn't even readed my topic...

Back
Top Bottom