Standalone Terraria Industrial Revolution

Yep! TC (posts as the username Terraria Industrial Revolution I think), Joel and I all work together. This is TC's mod, I used to post a lot to his forum on the old terraria forums, and eventually got him to let me help haha. Joel is the spriter and also helps come up with game design for TIR.

How to do it?
You are team!
........You write Main.cs and I write Player.cs?

I wish I had a release estimate. I am working quite hard to finish up the mechanics I want to see featured. I have been pushing to get this out BEFORE the 1.3 slated in June. I'd like to capture the swell of players that will come with that release. The things I'm doing in this mod I don;t believe are being done anywhere else. Personally it's all about the cool mechanics/features that I care about, but I feel most people will want these new biomes and exploration goodies. I'm trying to get my mechanics finished and some content before I release it. There's only one new biome that I would say is nearing completion, the Molog biome.

As for features:
- I've got the tile hardness mechanics well perfected and installed. There's some data entries still left to do (mostly that just means boring mostly mindless work).
- I've mostly got the liquid mechanics working. Magma has some cool new mechanics I think people will like. It breaks most tiles that it comes into contact with.
- I got the heavy lifting mechanics installed for the public server feature. Soon I'll get the GUI stuff from Deceitful and get that squared away.

To those following this mod I ask, " Out of all of the features ever suggested in either thread for Terraria Industrial Revolution, which things would you guys prefer were finished and included in the first release?" Please take the time to list your personal favorites. It doesn't mean the feature will make it. It just gives me an idea of what is expected/desired. If it's a feature I decide should make it I'll certainly consider the "votes" when prioritizing efforts.

Last edited:
Certainly looking forward to the bigger world size, new biomes and liquids/liquid mechanics. Beyond that, anything that just adds more Terraria to Terraria is always welcome. Really looking forward to this mod, but take your time and make it the best it can be.

If I put it in an order of more to less in excitement level, I'm more excited about the extra world size, vehicles, new biomes, teleportation and finally new liquids.

I've always known that people wanted the larger world size more than anything else. :) Surely, just being larger isn't worth anything without new things to explore right?
Exactly.
My ordering goes that way because while I'd love to explore new biomes, there are also possibly other mods out there that can cover that.
Which is why I picked vehicles before it, if you're clever enough to get a mod like this working, you'll be clever enough to get vehicles in the game and make them fast, easy and fun to work with. Plus, they'll accompany the larger world perfectly in a way that other mods probably can't as long as they aren't developed with this mod in mind.

Think of it this way, the size of the world is a person, the biome is a really fancy dress, and the vehicle is like a really fancy accessory that basically completes the outfit.
The rest are other smaller accesories if I were to include them.

I bet even with a cool vehicle if players suddenly got through the underworld and found themselves surrounded by no tiles and/or no liquid, with no NPCs to annoy them, and no music/background no one would really consider a world officially extended. It would be so boring no? Good thing that isn't even remotely the case right?

I've been having some break through lately. The abilities/features this project has access to is well above anything I've heard of from any other mod. I've always thought this mod was more of an unofficial expansion to Terraria. As a small tid-bit on what I'm talking about how interested would you guys be in having cloud stored characters? They would follow you where ever you tried to play the game.

As a small tid-bit on what I'm talking about how interested would you guys be in having cloud stored characters? They would follow you where ever you tried to play the game.
So how would this work? would it save it to your steam account?

Also, do you think it would be possible for there to be corruption and crimson in the extra large world?

About there being both crimson and corruption: it's certainly possible. I've thought about having a normal mode hallow, corruption, and crimson generate. The world width was taken back to the standard large world size of 8400. I've thought about industrial wide worlds 21,000 x 2,400. If I ever make worlds like that I'll certainly have multiple of each surface biome in them.

So, in addition to vehicles, do you have any other plans for machinery? Seems like it would be silly to introduce something as versatile as oil and not do anything more with it.

I feel the same way. The title suggests much more than a mount or 3. I've been so buried in perfecting these new mechanics I haven't put any effort into the machinery I've wanted for this expansion. On the surface idea wise, I want power generation tiles and power consuming tiles (tiles here mean tiles that place like furniture etc). I have mentally fleshed out ideas for auto farming machines and some basic ideas for defensive type tiles (think of the cannon but being automatic and needing power). For now, I have about a month or less to put something out. I'm pretty close to that. There are three main items I want to finish up first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom