Terraria IRC Still Works

DemonSword

Steampunker
(If this is the wrong place to put this, please move)

If you were on the IRC chat before Thursday and couldn't get back on:

@Diablodoc : "I'm not op and not much use, but you can connect to spitfire.uk.to as the IRC server.
A server has gone down, and nobody but Spitfire, who is not around anymore, has access to do anything about it.
So in short, there's no telling how long this will go on for."

@Lord Plaguerion : "I asked Da_Wrecka if he could get in the IRC and he told me this:
da_wrecka: No. Whack IndieIRC into Google along with... either DNS or WHOIS, I forget, and you'll get an IP address you can use.
da_wrecka: IndieIRC lost their domain name, but you can still connect with the IP address."

So in short, if you wish to enter the IRC at the moment use-

spitfire.uk.to

• scorpion.indieirc.net - Miami, Florida, USA (owned by Spitfire)
  • optimist.indieirc.net - Newark, New Jersey, USA (owned by Spitfire)
  • wayfarer.indieirc.net - London, UK, Europe (owned by Spitfire)

Last edited:
Don't worry. It happens. :p
But getting this information out had to happen as there are some who want to be on the IRC and can't because of the issue.

Yes boys and girls, #terraria is not dead. Just sleeping behind a rock.

Any way to contact spitfire that hasn't been tried yet?

Yes boys and girls, #terraria is not dead. Just sleeping behind a rock.

Any way to contact spitfire that hasn't been tried yet?

I don't think Spitfire has an account on here, and he only opens his eyes in the IRC like once a month.. so i guess there's no real way of contacting Spitfire right now

I don't think Spitfire has an account on here, and he only opens his eyes in the IRC like once a month.. so i guess there's no real way of contacting Spitfire right now

For reasons not discloseable, Spitfire will for the most part not be reachable. How long this will go on for, I don't know.
You should rename the thread to "Terraria IRC still up", so people realize what this is. This is not an official general thread for the IRC, and the old stuff hasn't been ported over to this new forum. The new title will also interest people.

I'm working on a possible custom solution to this whole ordeal. Meanwhile, you can try either of these links to access the IRC:

https://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=b5e7c36806059e8a6e67d0fa485660dc&server=spitfire.uk.to&channel=#terraria&sessiontimeout=0&nocache=true

https://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=b5e7c36806059e8a6e67d0fa485660dc&server=178.79.153.80&channel=#terraria&sessiontimeout=0&nocache=true

I have set up the widget and its color scheme etc etc customly before, so it's ready for use. The two will connect differently, one to the spitfire.uk.to address, the other to the IP. One may work while the other may not, if more servers go down.

Updated OP by adding the 3 main IndieIRC servers.
Seems like 178... address stopped working, and Scorpion doesn't seem to work, but Optimist is working, why is IndieIRC having so much issue staying alive on all servers? O-o

When it kicked me out i asked @Diablodoc whether or not he got kicked out aswell, while he was.. less than helpful, I did regain access through fireball.indieirc.net, so that's another one that works

Also keep in mind that we've been having netsplits. Netsplits is when users on different servers cannot see or talk with eachother, only with users on their own server. If you're alone on a server, that means it appears everyone else logged off while you're still there. For them, you will appear to have left.

A netsplit is when the different servers on the network simply lose connection with eachother.
Netsplits can only be fixed by network staff.

Back
Top Bottom