"Terraria is a ripoff of Minecraft" comebacks

What no
[doublepost=1569164788,1569164763][/doublepost]How exactly is it basic? Imo it's too complicated but in a not fun way.

Its basic because everyone and their mother plays it.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind you of the topic and nature of this thread...

Opinions opinions opinions.

you still aren't giving me any reasons. A lot of people play terraria too, does that make it basic? No, of course not. Being basic isn't determined by player count, but by the mechanics.

you still aren't giving me any reasons. A lot of people play terraria too, does that make it basic? No, of course not. Being basic isn't determined by player count, but by the mechanics.

Omg you're taking this way too seriously.

Opinions opinions opinions.

It's a "comeback", an insult. My nephew LOVES Minecraft and I'd never call him basic.

Also...way more people play Minecraft than this.

I don't really care if I'm taking it seriously. Also one player doesn't determine the whole base. I just want to know why you say it's basic. I understand it's your opinion, I just want to know why it is so.

I don't really care if I'm taking it seriously. Also one player doesn't determine the whole base. I just want to know why you say it's basic. I understand it's your opinion, I just want to know why it is so.

Fair enough. As I hinted in my previous post...I don't actually think Minecraft is basic. When did I ever say one player determines the entire playerbase?

I say it's basic because if someone told me Terraria was a Minecraft ripoff I would COMEBACK with, "Minecraft is basic" because it might be effective in getting them tilted. Tilted...hmmmm...

Last edited:
"Okay, name one mob, weapon, armor, or boss that is even remotely in both games and wasn't in Terraria first."

"Okay, name one mob, weapon, armor, or boss that is even remotely in both games and wasn't in Terraria first."
Creeper, since Notch made the first creeper but now there is a costume of a creeper in Terraria.

Creeper, since Notch made the first creeper but now there is a costume of a creeper in Terraria.
It's a direct reference that's available for under a month every year, you really think that someone who unironically called terraria a rip off would be capable of knowing that?

upload_2019-9-23_7-48-29.png

This is what I got, close enough.

...Getting back to the main topic, (new here btw) Terraria and Minecraft are both amazing games. Terraria is stronger in its combat and exploration side, and Minecraft is strong for its creative aspect and possibilities. Then again, there are those ignorant pricks that think a game is better if it is 3D.

Oh wait, this thread is for comebacks? Well I have two that come in handy, mostly because people say two similar things to me.

Isn't that game just 2D Minecraft?
Well, when Minecraft gets 350 different enemies, 15(+) different bosses, over 1000 items, and 10 unique biomes, then maybe Terraria will become 2D Minecraft.

That game is just a ripoff of Minecraft.
Yep. And Minecraft is a ripoff of legos, and legos are a ripoff of building blocks, and building blocks are a ripoff of bricks, and bricks are a ripoff of stones, and stones are a ripoff of the Earth. I think you get the point.

But yes I do think they are both amazing games. Minecraft has recently been getting more updated and the newer updates are more fleshed out and overall better. Then there's the incoming 1.4 update for Terraria, which basically revamps the whole game, as a final update should. Terraria is and may always be my favorite game.

guy:terraria sucks
me:why?
guy:because its just 2d minecraft
me:i never knew that minecraft had more then 2 bosses
me:i never knew that minecraft had guns
me:i never knew that minecraft had more then 5 armour and more then 5 swords
me:i never knew that minecraft had over 150 mobs
me:i never knew that minecraft had pets and mounts
me:i never knew that minecraft had RPG elements
guy:so
me:facepalm
me:you know minecraft is just lego and dwarf fortress
guy:no it isn't

i walk away in shock.
I know I’m super duper late to reply but ,and don’t get me wrong I love Terraria and Minecraft both equally. I want to help you with that argument you had, which indeed is a good one. But the person could just say Minecraft does have more than two bosses (if they count the ghast as a boss), they could also say “ya Minecraft has tons of pets and mounts in the game like fox’s,dogs,cats,horses,Lammas,pigs,etc” and then the argument would go on forever and ever until the ends of time. So you could keep every other argument in there except those two points if you ever want any chance to win that argument. Also if they mention mods you could say “oh so Minecraft needs mods just to be fun” and the person would probably be speechless. I dont want to start an fight or whatever over this but take what I said to mind.

I know I’m super duper late to reply but ,and don’t get me wrong I love Terraria and Minecraft both equally. I want to help you with that argument you had, which indeed is a good one. But the person could just say Minecraft does have more than two bosses (if they count the ghast as a boss), they could also say “ya Minecraft has tons of pets and mounts in the game like fox’s,dogs,cats,horses,Lammas,pigs,etc” and then the argument would go on forever and ever until the ends of time. So you could keep every other argument in there except those two points if you ever want any chance to win that argument. Also if they mention mods you could say “oh so Minecraft needs mods just to be fun” and the person would probably be speechless. I dont want to start an fight or whatever over this but take what I said to mind.
I'm not sure anyone is counting the ghast as a boss, those things are everywhere!

Back
Top Bottom