"Terraria is a ripoff of Minecraft" comebacks

You seem to be trying hard a little too hard to defend Minecraft.

Ok so let's get back onto the topic of healing potions, Steve can only carry 37 (Including off hand) at any one time in his inventory, whereas the Terrarian player can carry about 1,500 healing potions using every available slot.

Also don't forget Terrarain's start out with 100 HP, so some potions even heal more than your starting HP, Steve cannot even upgrade his HP (Though there is a health Boost effect but you cannot get it in survival without commands)

And yes there is a potion cooldown for terrains which can be reduced to 45 seconds with an accessory, again something Minecraft lacks, but don't forget it takes a few seconds to consume a potion in Minecraft during which you're vulnerable and slow and in battle will most likely take more damage than you can heal, and I know about splash potions, but they heal even less unless they hit you on the head.

Plus you need to have the potion in your hotbar and switch to it, whereas in Terraria you can use a hotkey to take it and immediately resume fighting.
Things to remember: 1. That defense is much more effective in Minecraft, 2. that enchantments can give you increased defense against certain attacks, 3. that there are shields to allow for you to completely block attacks, and 4. that Knockback Enchantments exist. Healing potions need to take a bit longer to be balanced, potions need to take up more space to be fair, and that holding down a Hotkey would be awkward.

Things to remember: 1. That defense is much more effective in Minecraft, 2. that enchantments can give you increased defense against certain attacks, 3. that there are shields to allow for you to completely block attacks, and 4. that Knockback Enchantments exist. Healing potions need to take a bit longer to be balanced, potions need to take up more space to be fair, and that holding down a Hotkey would be awkward.
Defense is so much more effective
durability: *exists*

You have some valid points.

Don't forget your total damage reduction is reduced by 2% for each hitpoint of damage an attack does, and because minecraft has such low health point values (I know internally everything has x10 the hp, so the player truly has 200hp) percentage values really don't work too well.

Also you can't even see mobs health bars, and there's no real sense of progression as even with high end gear early game mobs can still take a few hits to die.

Also combat in Terraria changes dramatically once you progress, in Minecraft it never really changes at all and is still bland.

Last edited:
I can agree with the last part, am confused by the first part, and disagree with the second part because, well, there aren't any "early game mobs". All of them are supposed to pose unique challenges to the player and never stop posing them. There also aren't very many hostile mobs (this does make it more bland), so if any of them stopped posing a threat the whole combat system would crumble. I think one of Terraria's downfalls is that many enemies outlive their ability to be challenging and not many new mobs are added to keep you on your toes once you reach a point where the enemies at a certain place/time don't challenge you anymore. For example, the night just stops being challenging after EoC in Pre-Hardmode and after you get mid-tier natural ore armor in Hardmode.

I suppose Minecraft does have some sense of progression in that Nether mobs deal more damage and are more threatening, it's just that fighting the same mobs over and over gets really bland and boring.

I can agree with that, I was just saying that Terraria could use more nighttime mobs or really just more mobs in general, kind of like how the Old One's Army gets progressively harder as you defeat more people.

Ask them how much damage their Diamond sword does,then show them how much damage the Terra Blade does and they'll worship Terraria

But you know... If you want to defend minecraft just say it's more sandbox-oriented than terraria. Terraria is about the progression.
Minecraft survival mode is all jokes and laughs until you'll need diamonds netherite. or acess to a stronghold. Minecraft is also a more luck-based game than terraria, in terraria the rarest ore is titanium, and even titanium is not that hard to get.

It's just my opinion but i never compare Minecraft and Terraria. Both game in same game niche (Sandboxish crafty games) Yet they completley different in their design and playing method.
Minecraft were made as simple sandboxish creative game without any spark of guidance or story. Yeah you have no friendly Guide NPC to tell you how to break things or how to craft em. Minecraft is totally around "exploration and building" and making your own way in this cubicalworld. Yeah you can say Some NPC came to Minecraft with latest update but ..there still no actual lore or plot behind all what we have in Minecraft. It's totallt creative-oriented survival game. Yeah it have kind of progression but in vanilla Minecraft there is no actual feeling of progression. It's still nice creative game for anyone
Terraria in this side is more "RPG-like" craft game. A diverce set of tools, equipment and some pieces of story and some NPC came here. We still have some degree of freedon in crafting and reshaping world yet we have progression that re-shapes, changes rules and make world more different (Hard-mode, expert, and etc) So basically Terraria is still sandbox game but with some plot.
We have different Bosses, we have sort of special artifacts and tools to make feeling that we going more far from wooden doors and swords to some cool looking magic banging gauntlets.

So i still can't understand why people fight Minecraft Vs Terraria? Enjoy em both :D

Back
Top Bottom