Mobile Terraria is incompatible with your device - Kindle Fire (5th gen)

TexasJP

Terrarian
Hi everyone!

My son has been playing Terraria on this device for years, no problems. Out of nowhere in the last few days, Terraria was missing from the main desktop.

He brought this to my attention and I took a look. I saw that a new Kindle update was installed on August 14, 2020 - which fits with the timeline of when he noticed the problem. In the Appstore library, Terraria is still listed, with a download icon next to it (as an aside, there were a small number of other apps that had the icon, but I was able to successfully download all of them).

When I click the download icon, it briefly says "Preparing Download" but then doesn't do anything. If I click on the title to go to the Appstore proper, the download button is active. When I click download, it tells me "Terraria is incompatible with your device." Also, if I search the Appstore, Terraria doesn't come up in the search results (maybe because it thinks it's already installed?).

This is the first time I've seen a problem like this. I contacted Amazon tech support but they were not very helpful - and directed me to contact 505 Games. I came across a post on this forum from a user with a similar problem, but that post was from 2018 and the problem just fixed itself, so I was hoping someone here could provide some additional guidance or assistance. Also, if possible, I'd prefer not to lose his saved game (hundreds of hours), but at this point, I'd be happy to get Terraria working again.

Any pointers or suggestions? Thank you in advance. ;)

Hi everyone!

My son has been playing Terraria on this device for years, no problems. Out of nowhere in the last few days, Terraria was missing from the main desktop.

He brought this to my attention and I took a look. I saw that a new Kindle update was installed on August 14, 2020 - which fits with the timeline on when he noticed the problem. In the Appstore library, Terraria is still listed, with a download icon next to it (as an aside, there were a small number of other apps that had the icon, but I was able to successfully download all of them).

When I click the download icon, it briefly says "Preparing Download" but then doesn't do anything. If I click on the title to go to the Appstore proper, the download button is active. When I click download, it tells me "Terraria is incompatible with your device."

This is the first time I've seen a problem like this. I contacted Amazon tech support but they were not very helpful - and directed me to contact 505 Games. I came across a post on this forum from a user with a similar problem, but that post was from 2018 and the problem just fixed itself, so I was hoping someone here could provide some additinal guidance or assistance. Also, if possible, I'd prefer not to lose his saved game (hundreds of hours), but at this point, I'd be happy to get Terraria working again.

Any pointers or suggestions? Thank you in advance. ;)
My friend has a gen 5, and if he deletes terraria he can’t get it back, Amazon is really stupid with this, but you can’t get the game again if it’s already been deleted, I don’t know about gen 6, but I know gen 7 and up(cause I have it) can only get terraria 1.3, it’s a very sad thing I know I don’t know how to help with that fix, but it isn’t supposed to be on your device because of how the AppStore pros, if you had it installed still, you could’ve still had the game and played 1.2 instead of 1.3, I have been really annoyed since my friend doesn’t have 1.3, and I can’t play with him, this really needs to be talked with Amazon. But yeah I would recommend buying a newer gen if you want the game yeah, sorry for the inconvenience.
Edit: also I don’t think your saves will be still be there because it isn’t installed, yeah sorry I hate amazon for this.

Ok. Thanks for the reply. So you think because our Kindle is a Gen 5, then the new Kindle update made the old Terraria version (1.2 I would assume) unsupportable? Plus Terraria 1.3 needs a newer gen Kindle?

Last edited:
Ok. So you think because our Kindle is a Gen 5, then the new update made the old Terraria version (1.2 I would assume) unsupportable? Plus Terraria 1.3 needs an newer gen Kindle?
Yes, my friend told me this because it wouldn’t appear on the AppStore, seriously I hate amazon, I have a gen 7, my freind has a gen 5, he still had it installed so he could still have it, but yes, and I’m very sorry about that. Also I think it has something to having to require certain things that they might not have

Back
Top Bottom