• PC 1.4.3: An eye for an eye, the Terraria x Don't Starve Together Crossover Update! Get all the details here. Found some bugs? Report them with as much detail as possible here.
  • Journey's End on Xbox and PlayStation!: Get all the info by clicking here. Click here for Known Issues and FAQ. For any other bugs, report them (with as much detail as possible) here.
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

Terraria is not working on MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

DarkKnight9013

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Mac Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I updated to the new macos monterey 3 days ago. Now when I press play, the game is unable to launch and quits immediately. Tmodloader works fine but terraria ain't working :(. We need a bug fix update as soon as possible.

Twyzan

Terrarian
Yeah, not sure if this is on their radar yet. I spent hours trying to get Terraria running, reinstalled the OS, everything. After all those hours I found this post and one or two others about how it doesn't work on Monterey.

Apparently older versions are working according to this post.

ZX497

Terrarian
Hey!

I was browsing the Steam forums for any possible solutions to this, and apparently it's an issue with sdl2. I had sdl2 installed using brew on my mac, and just uninstalling that brew package with

brew uninstall --ignore-dependencies sdl2

fixed the issue. To be honest, I don't remember why I installed sdl2 to begin with (probably for X-Code at some point).

Here's the steam forum post about the issue macOS Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559) software crashes (闪退) :: Terraria General Discussions

There was also another solution provided that just removed the libSDL2 library from Terraria's application, but I wouldn't necessarily take that route.

DarkKnight9013

Terrarian
I tried using the command but it showed this error. What should I do? @ZX497

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 16.27.55.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 16.27.55.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 22

ZX497

Terrarian
You should upgrade brew:

DarkKnight9013

Terrarian
You should upgrade brew:

Thanks man!! It worked. It was impossible to figure this out without your help bcz the command of deleting that was hidden in the steam community. TY very much. Would definitely give others the solution to this :)

cyancey76

Terrarian
Hey!

I was browsing the Steam forums for any possible solutions to this, and apparently it's an issue with sdl2. I had sdl2 installed using brew on my mac, and just uninstalling that brew package with

brew uninstall --ignore-dependencies sdl2

fixed the issue. To be honest, I don't remember why I installed sdl2 to begin with (probably for X-Code at some point).

Here's the steam forum post about the issue macOS Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559) software crashes (闪退) :: Terraria General Discussions

There was also another solution provided that just removed the libSDL2 library from Terraria's application, but I wouldn't necessarily take that route.

Can confirm,Brew command worked for me. Thanks, man.

Avakining

Terrarian
Didn't work for me (also sdl2 is required for ffmpeg, which may be why it was installed)

edit: deleting the file in the terraria app did work, however.

Twyzan

Terrarian
Yeah, I found this solution on another post, but now youtube-dl is messing up since it uses ffmpeg to merge audio and video files. Also, I'm not sure if it's just the resolution on my new laptop or if it is from removing sdl2, but the scaling on the UI elements in the game is terrible. They're very small and also low res (more than they should be from just being small as far as I can tell).

Top Bottom