PC Terraria is too hard

Does Terraria need an easy mode?

• Total voters
That's kind of how your supposed to do it. making a bridge of 1 block across the underworld makes the fight super simple, especially with a boomstick, knights edge and/or waterbolt

Terraria is a game about manipulating your environment to suit your needs whenever the environment doesn't suit your needs.

The underworld as it stands is a horrible, terrible place to fight a highly mobile boss like the WoF. So, you make the underworld not so terrible at this by building the aforementioned bridge (and of course knock holes in any buildings/obstacles that get in your way).

They gave you a pickaxe and block placement for a reason. Use it!

If you're not building at least some rudimentary preparations for bosses, you're doing it wrong. Unless, of course, you are confident you can defeat the boss without such.

Terraria is a game about manipulating your environment to suit your needs whenever the environment doesn't suit your needs.

The underworld as it stands is a horrible, terrible place to fight a highly mobile boss like the WoF. So, you make the underworld not so terrible at this by building the aforementioned bridge (and of course knock holes in any buildings/obstacles that get in your way).

They gave you a pickaxe and block placement for a reason. Use it!

If you're not building at least some rudimentary preparations for bosses, you're doing it wrong. Unless, of course, you are confident you can defeat the boss without such.
(just throwing this out there) only bosses I have never needed an arena for were eater of worlds and golem, although an arena for golem can make farming hella easy

(just throwing this out there) only bosses I have never needed an arena for were eater of worlds and golem, although an arena for golem can make farming hella easy

I like to scratch out a simple two-tier 100 wood platform wide arena with each floor being about one screen height (at x768 resolution, or ~50 ropes between) for Eye and Mechs).

Then, for WoF, I'll do the whole bridge thing, and for Queen Bee, I'll throw a wood platform bridge in her hive, to make sure I can dip down into the honey to maintain the buff (but yet not get stuck in the honey pool!), and I'll hollow out a room for plantera if there's not a decent-sized room already present. If there's one already present, then I'll just throw some wooden platforms around in there to refresh flight time.

Golem, yeah, I like setting up my farm rooms. Nice and almost automated with minimal work needed, try to make it so that lots of Lihzarhds and Flying Serpents come in so that they can drop cells to pop him again while I'm fighting him lol. Infinite golems!

For BoC, I usually just throw wooden platforms over the vertical shafts below so I don't accidentally fall in one, but otherwise I just grab a yo-yo or the rotted fork and stunlock him in his 2nd phase.

EoW, I usually just use a grappling hook and hook myself to the ceiling and drop down only to avoid getting hit by his mouth (body segments don't do enough damage for me to care) and wail away at him like that, dropping grenades when safe, or just obliterate him with a Vilethorn if I was lucky enough to get one.

Skeletron is a wuss; you can just fight him ontop of the dungeon proper, just drop some rope near the entrance you can get on real quick after you summon him. He's especially laughable if you have a flamarang.

So yeah, just rudimentary preparations for most bosses excluding Eye/Mechs, WoF, Golem and maybe Plantera.

Eh... Terraria already have an "easy" mode. It's called "Normal" mode... >_>
In fact, Terraria isn't a really difficult game. If you have a good equipment and the good strategy, some bosses are really easy to kill. Same for events
I think, Terraria doesn't need an easy mode. The game is enough easy like that ^^

Last edited:
Ik but ;/ if terraria did have a easy mode would event chances decrease?
[doublepost=1508839233,1508839091][/doublepost]

how about a arena for the twins because they summoned randomly and i was so not ready i quitted the world and rejoined

Eh... Terraria already have an "easy" mode. It's called "Normal" mode... >_>
In fact, Terraria isn't a really difficult game. If you have a good equipment and the good strategy, some bosses are really easy to kill. Same for events
I think, Terraria doesn't need an easy mode. The game is enough easy like that ^^

Just to add to this...

Pre-Hardmode, the bosses are *really* easy.

Once you unlock the Mechanic, you can potentially make bosses even easier by clever use of switches, wires, and traps. You can even AFK-farm some of the bosses once you start finding the better traps.

Get a Daedalus Stormbow (which isn't that hard to do if you just duck&weave around obstacles) and you can make all 3 mech bosses into absolute wimps that die in less than 60 seconds.

Then, all that stands in your way is Plantera, but you can use teleporters to cheese her. Then, once you have Plantera down, if you have the patience, you can make arenas that you basically don't even have to do anything and watch all of these "hard" bosses die in the auto-farm arenas. In fact, with clever use of bombs and teleporters, you don't even have to kill Plantera to get said traps; you can get them before if you wish.

Awhile back, I gave advice to somebody who had a vision impairment, an old laptop that could barely run the game at a very low resolution get up to, and defeat the Moon Lord.

If someone who has a vision impairment and hardware barely able to run the game can do it, I think nearly anybody can do it (no offense to the person in question, she did awesome!). It comes down to being willing to experiment, ask for advice, listen to advice, and keep trying until you succeed.

I remember my first Plantera kill. It took me 3-4 tries to get just how to avoid all of her junk down-pat, what weapon would be best to use, etc. Then after I killed her a few times, it was still 50/50 if I won or lost.

Today, when I get to her, I put her down with ease. Easy breezy peasy.

Moon Lord took me even more tries, but nowadays, I can do it 8 out of 10 times rather comfortably unless I make some stupid mistake in the fight.

It really isn't that hard; you just need to get creative and keep trying different stuff until you find whatever works. And if you get stuck, ask us! We'll help you. So many players, so many different playstyles, surely one of our suggestions will work for you too.

I like the fact developers are still making challenging games like this, especially when mainstream games are becoming dumbed down.

Example look how easy the GTA5 missions are compared to GTA games from earlier eras like Vice City. Too many games today have too much hand holding.
[doublepost=1509022000,1509021876][/doublepost]I'm at the stage of the game where the only bosses left to kill are moon lord, that weird cult thing (I've tried but nowhere close to killing it) and the fish thing. I actually can't see myself finishing the game so I'm just playing it really to see if I can get the corruption under control.

I like the fact developers are still making challenging games like this, especially when mainstream games are becoming dumbed down.

Example look how easy the GTA5 missions are compared to GTA games from earlier eras like Vice City. Too many games today have too much hand holding.
[doublepost=1509022000,1509021876][/doublepost]I'm at the stage of the game where the only bosses left to kill are moon lord, that weird cult thing (I've tried but nowhere close to killing it) and the fish thing. I actually can't see myself finishing the game so I'm just playing it really to see if I can get the corruption under control.

Terraria is that weird game where you can make it harder or easier for yourself depending on how much effort you want to put into it.

Moon Lord is not an easy battle if you go at it minimalist, without building arenas, traps, preparations. It's actually somewhat of a tough fight. However, even Expert Moon Lord can be 100% cheesed with traps, to where you just summon him, push a switch and watch him die without ever touching the keyboard.

BUT, to do this, you require a massive amount of effort in building all the traps, wires, and switches to accomplish this.

You can go anywhere between zero prep and just fly around in the UFO mount, to just having a teleporter/nurse setup to heal during battle, to an all-out AFK arena. The main questions are how easy do you want to make it, and how much effort do you want to put into it.

And if Normal Terraria is too easy for you, there's always Expert.

If Expert Moon Lord is too easy for you, well... I don't think there's really much else that can be done, other than intentionally using weaker equipment. Go try Cuphead or something instead, lol.

It needs an easy mode. Period. It should include:

• Moon Lord is 3 times as easy
  • The other bosses are 2 times as easy
  • monster spawning can be toggled
  • not as good loot
  • no Solar/Vortex/Nebula/Stardust armor

Although Moon Lord should still drop weapons. Also the treasure bags should be dropped on all modes.
I don’t really agree with the whole idea, to be honest. What I for one am looking for is a challenge. And to severely handicap enemies just to gain such a victory would be as pointless as not fighting them at all, for the satisfaction gained from earning loot through such an arduous task would be gone.

Does it matter? If an easier difficulty is added, the game becomes more accessible to a larger audience. I personally enjoy testing my own skill limits and progressing into more absurd and difficult challenges, but some people just want to build.

There were two recent threads about a user having a difficult time progressing in the game, and the later events were simply just not fun for them. At one point Martians were spawned and they claimed that their world was ruined because powerful enemies would never stop spawning, until they eventually managed to build a structure through to get traps to kill the saucers enough times. You can "git gud" at users like this all you want, but the fact of the matter is a lower difficulty level wouldn't "harm" normal mode, and it wouldn't harm Expert mode. It would simply exist to help people play it and maybe dip their toes in the water before maybe trying to progress on a higher difficulty.

Video games are possibly the only form of media that will actively prohibit the end user from viewing all of the content available if you don't meet the standards set by the developers. It probably wouldn't be an issue if there were some building materials you could only get from later events, but all of those issues would be solved with a creative mode. Considering there are publicly available resources that allow you to just freely spawn any building block or item you want, a built-in creative mode would be a nice addition.

It should be a character difficulty setting instead of a world difficulty setting, though. TShock servers already have a server-side character function so it wouldn't make things any more of a mess than they already are. Besides, if one of your friends joins your normal server with a creative mode character and starts doing things you don't want them to do, you can just not invite them to play Terraria with you anymore.

If monsters are getting in the way of building, that I can understand, but it is a fixable issue without any real challenge thanks to the expert mode exclusive, your boi the Spore Sac. True, it’s a bit of a gruelling journey, but all that is required is to close your construction site until after expert mode Plantera is dealt with. And as for the Martians, there’s no "git gud" about it. There should be a progress bar, so if you trigger it, kill em all until the bar’s filled and shoot down any probes you see from now on. Sometimes you got to bite the bullet and if you reached that far into the game you should be able to take care of a problem such as Martians at least once.

Ain't like Martians are hard or anything...

Step 1: Build a box real quick, or dig a hole.
Step 2: Make sure there's only a 1-block hole that's not directly above you.
Step 3: Throw a yo-yo out that hole.
Step 4: Kill all the Martians without taking a single hit.
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit!

It needs an easy mode. Period. It should include
  • Moon Lord is 3 times as easy
  • The other bosses are 2 times as easy
  • monster spawning can be toggled
  • not as good loot
  • no Solar/Vortex/Nebula/Stardust armor

Although Moon Lord should still drop weapons. Also the treasure bags should be dropped on all modes.

Dude what the hecheck are you talking about? The moon lord Is supposed to be hard IT'S THE END GAME BOSS FOR GOD'S SAVE I and the armor is cool why get rid of it unless you have been on servers and got your but handed to you b/c of the armor and if so just get good at the game

Last edited:
Dude what the hell are you talking about? The moon lord Is supposed to be hard IT'S THE END GAME BOSS FOR GOD'S SAVE I and the armor is cool why get rid of it unless you have been on servers and got your but handed to you b/c of the armor and if so just get good at the game
You got to give the man credit if he has had some endgamer crush him though.
You don’t know much of how overpowered the endgame armor and weapons are until you get a Terrarian yo-yo spewing death in your face at 300 dmg per hit, or being vaporised by a Last prism laser, or getting shot to pieces by a stealth-moded Vortex Ranger armed with a SDMG. After all, it’s unfair to judge if your own life expectancy while facing such players can be measured in milliseconds.

In regards to the Wall of Flesh, it can be utterly decimated with Beenades. I cannot even begin to say how easy it is. My friend gets irritated when he makes these superlong hell bridges and I come in with the Beenades and they completely end the flesh monster in less than 10 screens of space.

You got to give the man credit if he has had some endgamer crush him though.
You don’t know much of how overpowered the endgame armor and weapons are until you get a Terrarian yo-yo spewing death in your face at 300 dmg per hit, or being vaporised by a Last prism laser, or getting shot to pieces by a stealth-moded Vortex Ranger armed with a SDMG. After all, it’s unfair to judge if your own life expectancy while facing such players can be measured in milliseconds.

Well that is true and I only have mobile for Terraria so I only have what terraria wiki tells me about the armor but in my experience when people do something like this it's b/c there salty about something that happend not to be rude or anything.
[doublepost=1509169811,1509169765][/doublepost]
In regards to the Wall of Flesh, it can be utterly decimated with Beenades. I cannot even begin to say how easy it is. My friend gets irritated when he makes these superlong hell bridges and I come in with the Beenades and they completely end the flesh monster in less than 10 screens of space.
LOL I did the same thing with my brother XD

Add onto this with the proper timing you can also kill the WoF with Dynamite. All you need to do is create said pathway and then just hurl dynamite on the ground. Assuming you time them properly you can just do massive chunks of damage to it.

Add onto this with the proper timing you can also kill the WoF with Dynamite. All you need to do is create said pathway and then just hurl dynamite on the ground. Assuming you time them properly you can just do massive chunks of damage to it.

Can't you just use sticky dynamite to stick the dynamite directly on the WoF? Though you'd have to hope you stay out of the explosion range. Might be better to use bombs or grenades instead if you wanna go that route..

Can't you just use sticky dynamite to stick the dynamite directly on the WoF? Though you'd have to hope you stay out of the explosion range. Might be better to use bombs or grenades instead if you wanna go that route..
Does that work? I've never really tried it myself honestly. Bombs and grenades, however, lack the explosive oomph of the Dynamite and its radius. Grenades also have the nasty habit of being blocked by the hungry's so if you wanted grenades beenades are better for that particular case.

Back
Top Bottom