PC Terraria is too hard

Does Terraria need an easy mode?

• Total voters
To be fair, the thread was started in 2016, lol.

Not sure why people are still commenting on a thread that is no longer relevant.
It's an interesting side effect of this forum not having any rules against posting in old threads as long as whatever is said is relevant to the discussion at hand. This thread was from 2016, and it had a brief return in 2018 - as long as there's no pop-up warning that the thread you're about to post in is old, this will continue to happen as long as the forums exist... Not that I mind.

It doesn't particularly matter if the actual discussion is still a "relevant" one (as the game has Journey mode now), but as far as this thread is concerned we're missing a lot of key points/context in the thread as the OP is gone and the new OP seems like the thread is a joke thread now (as another user mentioned that the OP makes it too easy).

This Thread was made before Journey's End, but it is still valid for discussion regardless. That's the case with any thread. If anything it does create new discussion since things such as Journey Mode and Master Mode can be added to the discussion for people to share their thoughts on if they still think Terraria is too easy or too hard.

For me from mostly playing on Expert Mode before 1.4 that feels like the right lvl. of difficulty for me. Master Mode is a true challenge for me and I think it is too hard at various points which means its doing its job, a tough challenge to get through.

For those of us who've played the game for years, I'm not sure if we would have the best perspective on if Terraria as a whole is too hard or not when thinking about the game from its base difficulty.

It is why I am curious to hear the thoughts of players who started playing Terraria after 1.4 came out. I'm curious what anyone's perspective on it is from having a fresh look at the game with all the new 1.4 features and Journey Mode. It is always fine to share your thoughts and add to the discussion, no matter how old a thread is.

I can't comment on Expert+, nor Journey Mode yet, but...

1.4+ has made, IMO, early-game slightly more annoying in some aspects, though it improved on other aspects.

If you can find a chisel, it makes early game way smoother as you can tunnel much faster. That's a huge win.
However, the town rules (though this was revised slightly after I last played) make early-game a bit annoying as it feels rather restrictive, and the penalties on prices sure hurt early-game when you don't have a lot of money. I don't know if this was ever changed, but it seems like the Travelling Merchant is also picky and what was 10 gold can sometimes be 12+ gold and that 2 gold hurts during your first 5-10 game-days when he comes out and offers an item he doesn't offer that often.

Also, trying to go all over the world to build houses in places your NPCs will want to live, especially early, is not exactly easy at times.

The beacons, though, once you actually *do* get them set up, make things much easier, at least in a time-saving way though not really making things easier as far as surviving, or killing enemies.

don't know if this was ever changed, but it seems like the Travelling Merchant is also picky and what was 10 gold can sometimes be 12+ gold and that 2 gold hurts during your first 5-10 game-days when he comes out and offers an item he doesn't offer that often
It was changed. He can’t be affected by happiness anymore.

*ahem* I think you're missing something. There's this mode where you can make yourself invincible and duplicate stuff.

*ahem* I think you're missing something. There's this mode where you can make yourself invincible and duplicate stuff.
This thread was started in 2016 before Journey was even a blip on anyone's radar. The OP of the thread is also not the same as the original OP and all their posts are long gone.

I have played terraria for years and suck but the thing i like about it is there is no easy mode there is no easy way out it forces you to improve and adapt and learn new techniques, that is why i like the sense of accomplishment after beating a boss or starting up an expert world for the first time embracing the fact that you will die a lot. That’s why if you add an easy mode it will be just like everything else that is what makes it different.

Back
Top Bottom