10th Anniversary Terraria is Turning 10 Years Old - Celebrate with Us!

Could you please add the 10th anniversary painting to the Attachments? No matter what Internet I use it kept showing like this:

Attachments

• IMG_20210518_142602.jpg
    IMG_20210518_142602.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 112
I remember, my dad bought Terraria in Japanese at WIIU and thought it was "Haha 2D Minecraft", but when I was playing with my dad and AFK, I received a message from Eye of Cthulhu, The battle with Plantera, and the Wall of Flesh surprised me ... I was drawing a strategy to defeat Plantera in the memo app, but I was scribbling Plantera, but it's terrible. I'd like to do it with WIIU (there is also a Japanese version), but I don't have WIIU anymore because it was abandoned by my dad and sold.(Probably this is bad translate...)

It's been a while since I last came here, but it's nice to see one of my favorite games turning 10. (Why I forgot both Minecraft and Terraria's birthday??)

I am hyped for the celebratory seed tho, hehe

The first time I ever played Terraria was on an Xbox 360. I think the update was 1.2.4? maybe earler? I was probably 11 or 12.
I beat the game by beating Ocram, and I was proud of myself. I then found Terraria on Steam at a discount and bought it. I was playing the game, messing around, and then I beat the game normally. I don't even remember what I had built or what I've done after, but it was such a journey.
I then found out that the game can be modded (before TmodLoader got on Steam/GOG), so I tried to see how I can do it, but I wasn't sure (then I learned how to get the modded version by following the tutorial provided by HERO, and I was playing with mods straight away). Just months before 1.4, I said to myself "why don't I make a mod"? I love computers and coding, so I went along with it. I created a mod titled "Setnour6's Mod", but it didn't do as well as I thought it would, mostly because it's unfinished and only made as a test and to see how well I can make a mod in general. Later on, I created another mod titled "Craftable Treasure Bags", and it blew up! It got popular real fast, and I decided to expand on it by adding new recipes and even elaborated on making recipes for modded treasure bags.
As of the time this was posted, I have more than 30,000 downloads (sorry, I didn't mean to brag or anything.), and might I just say that I am proud of what I accomplished. Sure I didn't really build anything fancy, but I at least learnt how I learnt about being more creative and looking back at the good things and only the good things.
I had a great childhood! Thank you so much Terraria for being a part of it!

I felt that this would be reasonable as my 1000th post on TCF.

I just wanted to say how much of an impact this game has made on me. I've been playing for less than 2 years, but I already feel more connected to this community than any other game.

So congrats on 10 years, guys! Here's to the future! <3

I've played it for a long time I didn't really play it that often a while ago since I got bored (i was still a big fan of the game its my favorite game of all time) but I've gotten back into it

So this is a funny story:
I had already played Terraria's demo on console before but I still wanted more.

The story begins with getting Terraria on Wii U through (unmentionable method) as I had no money to afford it at the time. My brother thought it was just another Minecraft clone and I wanted to see if that held true.

The first mistake? Booting up the world. Once the game was started, we could not stop. The graphics were addictively shiny and the overwhelming amount of content kept us up for hours. We mined for countless ores in the depth of the underground. We built a really large house with a massive basement, it had a ton of chests and equipment. We fought many bosses over time like the Eye of Cthulu, Queen Bee, King Slime, Skeletron and many more. Plantera and Fishron were the more memorable ones, Plantera was basically scary for us at first and was especially difficult to beat, Fishron on the other hand, since there was no Moon Lord at the time, was a nightmare. We went down into the further depths of our world and discovered the Underworld. The Wall of Flesh fight was scary for me at first, but we beat it. When hardmode began that's when the game became karma itself. Everything attacked us at every turn and the mechanical bosses demolished us easily, but we rose up and beat them anyways, the Golem was also terrifying to me at first but ended up ridiculously easy. The "final boss", Ocram was extremely easy as we both beat him with our weapons quickly.

After we beat the game, we wanted more but later found out that updates were being cancelled for Wii U. Since we wanted to finish the game, I felt guilty about what we did to get the Wii U version, so we caved in and bought the PC version on Steam during a sale. We had a lot of fun relieving our past memories and got to finally beat Moon Lord in all of his glory.

Last edited:
When I first played this game, it was on mobile and I remember the first dirt block I dug up. At that moment I realized I found a game that I would play for the rest of my life. The first dirt block mined, the first slime killed, the first night survived. My first house was 3 stories tall. My roommate was the Merchant. My Mechanic and Party Girl and Clothier lived in the dungeon. I cheesed Golem so hard with Spectral armor. I sucked at the Ocram boss fight (I went with the Vampire Knives strat). I remember it all, and I hope other people can experience this when they play (not the Ocram part). Thanks for bringing us 10 whole years of digging, fighting, and building!

Back
Top Bottom