10th Anniversary Terraria is Turning 10 Years Old - Celebrate with Us!

I remember my best friend told me about terraria so i downloaded it on mobile and played it. After about 5 minutes of gameplay i found out how to spelunk and that is when I started to love the game. It was still 1.3 and after awhile I found a demon altar and made the suspicious looking eye and died to the eye of cthulhu. after about 7 attempts, I beat the eye of cthulhu. It was really hard and i was very glad. Now im a pro and beat the whole game only using the ranged class, and I have beaten moon lord several times.

I was a mixed class on console but I've switched to summoner on switch and staying with that now that its received major weapons

Can you believe it, Terrarians? In a week's time, the game we all know and love so much will reach its tenth birthday! No doubt, it has been a long and amazing journey that we have enjoyed taking with you - one full of twists and turns, ups and downs, and more than a few surprises along the way. Even crazier is that Terraria is stronger than ever as it heads into its second decade - with no end in sight!

We could not do it or be here without the amazing and passionate support of each and every one of you - so we want to formally invite you to join in on the Terraria Tenth Anniversary Celebration! What all do we have in store? Well... here's the plan (though we won't rule out the possibility of there being more along the way):

index.php

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES
View attachment 320188

We are inviting everyone in this thread as well as a companion thread on Reddit and a special channel on the Terraria Discord to share their favorite memories from the past ten years with Terraria. You laughed, you cried, you enjoyed the ride - now tell us all about it. The team is planning to hop in and reminisce alongside the community - and we are hoping to compile our very favorite community memories and stories into something that we can all look back on for years to come.

So... here's where to go to share your Terraria Memories

TCF - post away in the thread you are currently reading!

r/Terraria Subreddit Memories Thread

Discord Terraria Memories Channel - Terraria Discord #10th-anniversary-memories

index.php

TERRARIA TENTH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ART PIECE

View attachment 320164

We are currently working with a community artist on what we think will be an amazing - and amazingly fitting - work of art in celebration of Terraria turning ten. This will be revealed heading into the weekend of the anniversary itself. What will it be? Who is the artist? You will have to wait and find out!

(We are also working on a range of possibilities for everyone to be able to hang this amazing artwork on your walls, etc. - more on that as we have it)

index.php

RE-LOGIC AMA & HANGOUT

View attachment 320374

Of course, you knew we couldn't resist playing an active role in this celebration! The entire Re-Logic team will be conducting an AMA on the r/Terraria Subreddit on May 17th, beginning at 10am Pacific Time. We will do our very best to have as many team members as possible answer each and every question (or at least the ones we have an answer for...). You will NOT want to miss out on this chance to ask the burning questions for the team.

TERRARIA TENTH ANNIVERSARY AMA WITH RE-LOGIC
(When the event is live, the text above will be a link to the thread on Reddit ;))

On top of that, be on the lookout for Re-Logic team members hanging out in Discord in the Terraria-Chat channel over the next couple of weeks - we have encouraged everyone on the team to take some time out (as they can) to actively hang out and enjoy the festivities! The link to our Discord Server is below!

TERRARIA OFFICIAL DISCORD SERVER

index.php

A JOURNEY OF TEN YEARS CONTEST

View attachment 320011

It’s celebration time Terrarians!

Incredible to think that TEN YEARS ago Redigit launched his amazing creation of Terraria into the world for us all to enjoy. From its humble beginnings to selling 35 Million copies across all platforms, it all started with Redigit’s imagination.

Now it’s your turn to infuse Terraria with your own imagination. In honor of Terraria’s tenth anniversary, we’re having a contest where you get to show off your own creativity, and how you envision Terraria. There are categories for all Terrarians, whether you play on PC, Console, Mobile, or even our new Stadia players.

We have a category for Steam Workshop Maps and Texture Packs, a category for Art, a category for Screenshots featuring in-game builds, and even a category for Other - anything that doesn't fit into the first three categories. You can choose to enter any category you'd like, so get your ideas ready, join us to celebrate, and dive in!

This contest will start on Terraria's Tenth Anniversary (May 16, 2021)

index.php

A VERY TERRARIAN BIRTHDAY PARTY CONTEST
View attachment 320382

This contest is all about your in-game building prowess. Show us your very best creations in game that fit the theme of celebrating Terraria turning 10 years old! Screenshots, videos of animated creations, whatever your mind can dream up, we want you to share it with us!

This contest starts TODAY and will run through May 16th at 11:59pm Pacific Time

What can you win?
View attachment 320531

The Top 5 entries (as selected by us) will each get a full set of the really cool pins shown in the image above!

Where do I enter?
Entries for the Very Terrarian Birthday Contest can be submitted in the locations listed below. The time stamp for your post will be used to ensure you meet the deadline. Any posts made after the deadline will not count! :)

TCF Very Terrarian Birthday Contest Entry Thread

r/Terraria - Very Terrarian Birthday Contest Entry Thread

Discord - Very Terrarian Birthday Contest Entry Channel (DISCORD SERVER) #10th-anniversary-events

index.php

TO TERRARIA WITH LOVE BIRTHDAY CARD CONTEST
View attachment 320390

This is your chance to craft a love letter to Terraria by way of Birthday Card. Create and share your very own "Happy Tenth Birthday, Terraria" card, and you might just pick up one of those amazing pin sets below. Beyond the promise of prizes, though, is the chance to show the world how much Terraria means to you - and really, we just are looking forward to seeing them and trying not to cry. ;(

What can you win?
View attachment 320531

The Top 5 entries (as selected by us) will each get a full set of the really cool pins shown in the image above!

Where do I enter?
Entries for the To Terraria With Love Contest can be submitted in the locations listed below. The time stamp for your post will be used to ensure you meet the deadline. Any posts made after the deadline will not count! :)

TCF To Terraria with Love Contest Entry Thread

r/Terraria - To Terraria with Love Contest Entry Thread

Discord - To Terraria with Love Contest Entry Channel (DISCORD SERVER) #10th-anniversary-events

index.php

That's it for now, folks. Of course, as more possibly gets added, we will cover it here. That said, use the rest of the thread here for sharing your very best Terraria memories. Good, Bad, and Ugly, we want to hear it all! Thank you so much for everything over the years - and here's to ten more (or even more)!

Cheers!​
Go Terraria! :D

well I have to say I just bought the game a month ago. And I am feeling really jealous of you people who played it for years. Becoz i feel left out. But Even though I just have 96+ hours of play time right now terraria is one of my all time favourite games.<3 I am crying now that thinking maybe I was too late to play the game;(. But I wish you happy Birthday with all my love and care. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRARIA!!!!!!!!!!🎂🎂🎂
Also LONG LIVE TERRARIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I originally got Terraria whenever it was free for box live gold for the Xbox 360. I've literally grown up with this game, and it's crazy to think that I introduced Terraria to my brother (who is 7) and the game is literally older than him.

I remember I went up a mountain, saw the rain from the sky islands, and found my first; star fury. At that moment I realized how interesting and different this game is. Also, I think I found a dragon helmet in a wooden chest in the corruption chasms from a bug back on old-gen (I had no internet so it wasn't another person, and I still don't understand where it came from.) Whenever the big update for box one to have 1.3 happened I played with my brother for hours and hours; painting, farming, learning, and having fun.

This game has given me one of the best experiences in gaming, and I cannot wait for the release of 1.4 on console.
(I have avoided almost all spoilers for like, a year now LMAO)

I originally got Terraria whenever it was free for box live gold for the Xbox 360. I've literally grown up with this game, and it's crazy to think that I introduced Terraria to my brother (who is 7) and the game is literally older than him.

I remember I went up a mountain, saw the rain from the sky islands, and found my first; star fury. At that moment I realized how interesting and different this game is. Also, I think I found a dragon helmet in a wooden chest in the corruption chasms from a bug back on old-gen (I had no internet so it wasn't another person, and I still don't understand where it came from.) Whenever the big update for box one to have 1.3 happened I played with my brother for hours and hours; painting, farming, learning, and having fun.

This game has given me one of the best experiences in gaming, and I cannot wait for the release of 1.4 on console.
(I have avoided almost all spoilers for like, a year now LMAO)

i had the same thing happen to me, regarding the dragon helmet spawning in a chest in the corruption on my ps3 version.

it was kinda funny, just randomly coming across a piece of the most powerful armor in the game, it made things so much easier. :dryadtongue:

I'm so happy to see this game has come so far, it's one of my all-time faves. I first found it via Youtube while I was still in elementary and first played it on mobile. I'm surprised there isn't any new tangible content for Terraria itself, though I'd be surprised if there wasn't any down the line. One thing I'd absolutely love is more Easter Egg seeds, the ones we already have are fantastic ways to experience Terraria (05162020, not the bees, for the worthy), and I'd love to see some more bizarre worldgen.

I'm so happy to see this game has come so far, it's one of my all-time faves. I first found it via Youtube while I was still in elementary and first played it on mobile. I'm surprised there isn't any new tangible content for Terraria itself, though I'd be surprised if there wasn't any down the line. One thing I'd absolutely love is more Easter Egg seeds, the ones we already have are fantastic ways to experience Terraria (05162020, not the bees, for the worthy), and I'd love to see some more bizarre worldgen.
Since Not the bees! is essentially a buffet world, I hope to see other bizarre buffet style worlds which I have ideas for here:

Oops! all ocean: Makes the entire world an ocean/underground ocean with little islands and oases scattered throughout, if stone doesn't generate, put it in chests rather than use the Merchant, since the underworld is essentially a lava ocean, make houses less frequent, but have uniform scattering. Sky islands have an ocean theme. Lihzahrd temple is painted blue. Starting NPC is the Angler

Natural Selection: The only biomes are corruption/crimson and underground corruption/crimson and underworld. Lihzahrd temple is painted purple or red, sky islands generate like in for the worthy, but generate in clusters around the dungeon entrance which is elevated to the sky layer and may or may not touch the ground. Tavernkeep is the starter NPC. NPC hate towards evil biomes is disabled, but prices are still higher.

Sandstorm!(suggest other possible names): Desert is the only biome other than underworld, rain frequency is increased. Pyramids are guaranteed and spawn at higher rates. Crimson/Corruption has desert generation. Underground is only underground desert, but stone can be found in oasis crates. Sky islands are oasis themed. Lizhard temple is painted a lighter orange. Arms dealer is the starting npc.

Ice Age: Similar to Sandstorm!, but snow themed except for the underworld. Boreal crates drop stone, sky islands have snow theme, underground is purely frozen underground, dungeon entrance is sealed in a glacier and the dungeon is painted grey. Igloos spawn on sky islands with a guaranteed sky mill. Oceans spawn with layers of ice over them and the ground is snow and ice blocks, though water chest loot is preserved. Pyramid spawns are replaced with larger igloo structures. Surface cave frequency increased. Mechanic is the starter npc.

Sugar Rush!: World is completely hallowed(corruption/crimson still spawns, but sealed off until hardmode), stone drops from wooden(or hallowed) crates. Dryad is the starter npc. Sky islands are hallowed forest themed. Lizhard temple is painted pink/white

05162021: Modified drunk world gen, idk.

Greenland(please suggest a better name): Forest themed world with normal corruption/crimson and underworld, sky islands are forest themed. Lizhard temple is painted green. Starter NPC is the golfer. Living trees are more frequent.

These are my ideas for special world seeds, and I'll also put them in a dedicated thread for community members to suggest more worldgen features or revise proposed seed names.

Oops! all ocean: Makes the entire world an ocean/underground ocean with little islands and oases scattered throughout, if stone doesn't generate, put it in chests rather than use the Merchant, since the underworld is essentially a lava ocean, make houses less frequent, but have uniform scattering. Sky islands have an ocean theme. Lihzahrd temple is painted blue. Starting NPC is the Angler
Out of all the others, this is the suggestion I like most! It's not just my bias toward Water Exploration talkin' either, but because to a certain extent, Oasis can be generated nearest to the center of the Map. I think there was a time it was impossible to get Palm Trees to spawn naturally on sand until the updates, so if the Map was strategically generated, this could work!

I'm still not sure about all the rules that go into generating an Oasis Biome, I'm still in the Adventuring, honeymoon phase, but once I get back into my builders-bag, this is one of the many new mysteries I'd love to solve! I really love this suggestion!

Side Note: Lastly, I think it'd be cool if a the Ocean Biomes were replaced with Jungle/ Underground Jungle & Marble/ Granite be replaced with Tundra/ World Evil! I also think that the Map would need to generate Shark & Jellyfish statues to trigger Ocean Mobs to some extent??

Out of all the others, this is the suggestion I like most! It's not just my bias toward Water Exploration talkin' either, but because to a certain extent, Oasis can be generated nearest to the center of the Map. I think there was a time it was impossible to get Palm Trees to spawn naturally on sand until the updates, so if the Map was strategically generated, this could work!

I'm still not sure about all the rules that go into generating an Oasis Biome, I'm still in the Adventuring, honeymoon phase, but once I get back into my builders-bag, this is one of the many new mysteries I'd love to solve! I really love this suggestion!

Side Note: Lastly, I think it'd be cool if a the Ocean Biomes were replaced with Jungle/ Underground Jungle & Marble/ Granite be replaced with Tundra/ World Evil! I also think that the Map would need to generate Shark & Jellyfish statues to trigger Ocean Mobs to some extent??
Thanks, I got the seed idea name from Oops! all Crunch berries cereal in which the mascot is a seafarer and I only did it for that biome type since it would be boring to reuse the Oops! all namesake for anything else.

Thanks, I got the seed idea name from Oops! all Crunch berries cereal in which the mascot is a seafarer and I only did it for that biome type since it would be boring to reuse the Oops! all namesake for anything else.
Honestly, this idea seems more & more brilliant, the more I hear about it! 😁💕

My builder mechanic mind is totally racing, & it hasn't really done that since the updates.

Wow, ten whole years! I remember growing up with the game, seeing new things get added, building houses and cities, learning hoiks and wires, and beating the Moon Lord for the very first time with my brother and getting so excited! I remember beating my brother in golf, getting pets, and trying to speedrun Terraria. Of course, we always ended up dying 7372827392 times, but that couldn't be helped. Hah, there was the time we beat the Eye of Cthulhu and thinking we beat the game! The sense of accomplishment we got beating the bosses and eventually the game is one thing I'll do my best to remember, for sure. :)

My favorite Terraria memory is of my brother and me trying again and again to beat The Twins on the WiiU version of the game. We’ve made so many memories in this game. What a fun game. Happy 10th birthday Terraria!!

Can you believe it, Terrarians? In a week's time, the game we all know and love so much will reach its tenth birthday! No doubt, it has been a long and amazing journey that we have enjoyed taking with you - one full of twists and turns, ups and downs, and more than a few surprises along the way. Even crazier is that Terraria is stronger than ever as it heads into its second decade - with no end in sight!

We could not do it or be here without the amazing and passionate support of each and every one of you - so we want to formally invite you to join in on the Terraria Tenth Anniversary Celebration! What all do we have in store? Well... here's the plan (though we won't rule out the possibility of there being more along the way):

index.php

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES
View attachment 320188

We are inviting everyone in this thread as well as a companion thread on Reddit and a special channel on the Terraria Discord to share their favorite memories from the past ten years with Terraria. You laughed, you cried, you enjoyed the ride - now tell us all about it. The team is planning to hop in and reminisce alongside the community - and we are hoping to compile our very favorite community memories and stories into something that we can all look back on for years to come.

So... here's where to go to share your Terraria Memories

TCF - post away in the thread you are currently reading!

r/Terraria Subreddit Memories Thread

Discord Terraria Memories Channel - Terraria Discord #10th-anniversary-memories

index.php

TERRARIA TENTH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL ART PIECE

View attachment 320164

We are currently working with a community artist on what we think will be an amazing - and amazingly fitting - work of art in celebration of Terraria turning ten. This will be revealed heading into the weekend of the anniversary itself. What will it be? Who is the artist? You will have to wait and find out!

(We are also working on a range of possibilities for everyone to be able to hang this amazing artwork on your walls, etc. - more on that as we have it)

index.php

RE-LOGIC AMA & HANGOUT

View attachment 320374

Of course, you knew we couldn't resist playing an active role in this celebration! The entire Re-Logic team will be conducting an AMA on the r/Terraria Subreddit on May 17th, beginning at 10am Pacific Time. We will do our very best to have as many team members as possible answer each and every question (or at least the ones we have an answer for...). You will NOT want to miss out on this chance to ask the burning questions for the team.

TERRARIA TENTH ANNIVERSARY AMA WITH RE-LOGIC
(When the event is live, the text above will be a link to the thread on Reddit ;))

On top of that, be on the lookout for Re-Logic team members hanging out in Discord in the Terraria-Chat channel over the next couple of weeks - we have encouraged everyone on the team to take some time out (as they can) to actively hang out and enjoy the festivities! The link to our Discord Server is below!

TERRARIA OFFICIAL DISCORD SERVER

index.php

A JOURNEY OF TEN YEARS CONTEST

View attachment 320011

It’s celebration time Terrarians!

Incredible to think that TEN YEARS ago Redigit launched his amazing creation of Terraria into the world for us all to enjoy. From its humble beginnings to selling 35 Million copies across all platforms, it all started with Redigit’s imagination.

Now it’s your turn to infuse Terraria with your own imagination. In honor of Terraria’s tenth anniversary, we’re having a contest where you get to show off your own creativity, and how you envision Terraria. There are categories for all Terrarians, whether you play on PC, Console, Mobile, or even our new Stadia players.

We have a category for Steam Workshop Maps and Texture Packs, a category for Art, a category for Screenshots featuring in-game builds, and even a category for Other - anything that doesn't fit into the first three categories. You can choose to enter any category you'd like, so get your ideas ready, join us to celebrate, and dive in!

This contest will start on Terraria's Tenth Anniversary (May 16, 2021)

index.php

A VERY TERRARIAN BIRTHDAY PARTY CONTEST
View attachment 320382

This contest is all about your in-game building prowess. Show us your very best creations in game that fit the theme of celebrating Terraria turning 10 years old! Screenshots, videos of animated creations, whatever your mind can dream up, we want you to share it with us!

What can you win?
View attachment 320531

Where do I enter?
Entries for the Very Terrarian Birthday Contest can be submitted in the locations listed below. The time stamp for your post will be used to ensure you meet the deadline. Any posts made after the deadline will not count! :)

TCF Very Terrarian Birthday Contest Entry Thread

r/Terraria - Very Terrarian Birthday Contest Entry Thread

Discord - Very Terrarian Birthday Contest Entry Channel (DISCORD SERVER) #10th-anniversary-events

index.php

TO TERRARIA WITH LOVE BIRTHDAY CARD CONTEST
View attachment 320390

This is your chance to craft a love letter to Terraria by way of Birthday Card. Create and share your very own "Happy Tenth Birthday, Terraria" card, and you might just pick up one of those amazing pin sets below. Beyond the promise of prizes, though, is the chance to show the world how much Terraria means to you - and really, we just are looking forward to seeing them and trying not to cry. ;(

What can you win?
View attachment 320531

Where do I enter?
Entries for the To Terraria With Love Contest can be submitted in the locations listed below. The time stamp for your post will be used to ensure you meet the deadline. Any posts made after the deadline will not count! :)

TCF To Terraria with Love Contest Entry Thread

r/Terraria - To Terraria with Love Contest Entry Thread

Discord - To Terraria with Love Contest Entry Channel (DISCORD SERVER) #10th-anniversary-events

index.php

That's it for now, folks. Of course, as more possibly gets added, we will cover it here. That said, use the rest of the thread here for sharing your very best Terraria memories. Good, Bad, and Ugly, we want to hear it all! Thank you so much for everything over the years - and here's to ten more (or even more)!

Cheers!​
It is a pity that the most remote weapon - the First Fractal - is not among the prizes ... I am very glad that the game is already 10 years old!

Back
Top Bottom