Terraria: Journey's End for PlayStation and XBOX - Submitted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This must've gone over my head at some point but what pc equivalent version would Xbox be getting cause last I checked I was certain it was 1.4 + bug fixes but nothing on 1.4.1 with all its numerical item adjustments, correct or?

This must've gone over my head at some point but what pc equivalent version would Xbox be getting cause last I checked I was certain it was 1.4 + bug fixes but nothing on 1.4.1 with all its numerical item adjustments, correct or?

What are the steps of the review process that Microsoft and Sony have to do?

That is not something that they make public - not even to us. There isn't a checklist where we can sit and watch them tick off items if that is what you mean.

Greetings Terrarians!

It's a big day for Console Terraria, so we wanted to be the first to share the exciting news with you...

As we shared a few weeks back, we have submitted Journey's End/1.4 for review on consoles! Now we will patiently await the results of the review process, fix any issues raised (and resubmit as necessary), etc. Once approved by Sony/Microsoft, we will be set to put the update in your hands! The timing of the review process is a bit unpredictable, so we cannot give you a specific "launch date" just yet - but this is the final development step before release!

Hang with us for just a bit longer as we navigate these final gates to bringing Journey's End to PlayStation and Xbox! As we know more/hear back during the process, we will keep you informed.
So just curios when do you guys plan to submit it for switch?

just out of curiosity will journey mode disable achievements on console? ik it doesnt on pc cos u can just download other peoples saves and stuff but was wondering if its going to be any different on console.

If Sony's review finished first or vice versa, would it be released and that respective console first? Or will you wait for both parties to green light it?

If the timing is close together, we tend to try and release them at the same time. If there is expected to be a protracted delay (like, say one was going to be a month longer than the other for example), we have released them separately in the past.

Will players still be able to port their PS3/Xbox 360 games to the newer consoles?

We have no way to fully know what will occur here. The old-old gen (remember that was two console generations ago now) runs on a codebase that is quite far removed from what 1.4 will be. So, while the DR team has spent a lot of time on the transfers from 1.3 Era saves to 1.4 Era saves... there is no code sitting around from which to build nor really any save files to test 1.2 Era -> 1.4 Era, skipping the middle step.So, we suspect nothing will happen here and/or they just won't transfer properly.

Do note, however, that the transfer system does not actually remove or alter the original saves - so you will not lose those, they just won't be playable in 1.4. This is potentially something that can be explored later on if it is an area of huge community need - but this is the scenario for launch.

If you have a PS3 file you would like to send to us before launch, we would love to have it - then we can test and see what happens and get back to you (and everyone) - follow the link below to do so if you want.

SUBMIT YOUR PLAYSTATION SAVES AND INFORMATION HERE!

just out of curiosity will journey mode disable achievements on console? ik it doesnt on pc cos u can just download other peoples saves and stuff but was wondering if its going to be any different on console.

It shouldn't, no. I tested a lot using JM (which is a godsend for testing purposes), and achievements (in game and system level) appeared fine for me.

If the timing is close together, we tend to try and release them at the same time. If there is expected to be a protracted delay (like, say one was going to be a month longer than the other for example), we have released them separately in the past.

We have no way to fully know what will occur here. The old-old gen (remember that was two console generations ago now) runs on a codebase that is quite far removed from what 1.4 will be. So, while the DR team has spent a lot of time on the transfers from 1.3 Era saves to 1.4 Era saves... there is no code sitting around from which to build nor really any save files to test 1.2 Era -> 1.4 Era, skipping the middle step.So, we suspect nothing will happen here and/or they just won't transfer properly.

Do note, however, that the transfer system does not actually remove or alter the original saves - so you will not lose those, they just won't be playable in 1.4. This is potentially something that can be explored later on if it is an area of huge community need - but this is the scenario for launch.

If you have a PS3 file you would like to send to us before launch, we would love to have it - then we can test and see what happens and get back to you (and everyone) - follow the link below to do so if you want.

SUBMIT YOUR PLAYSTATION SAVES AND INFORMATION HERE!

It shouldn't, no. I tested a lot using JM (which is a godsend for testing purposes), and achievements (in game and system level) appeared fine for me.
I only have an Xbox file :(

I only have an Xbox file :(
Ah don't worry, I sure they'll be able to figure something out, worst case scenario the save files corrupt on conversion or cant carry over and you might to have start anew, but best case scenario they can be carried over I got old PS4 save files but theyre kinda naff so Im gonna start fresh anyway anad only play in Journey Mode, and I never had the PS3 version myself but I did have the old XB360 in the past.

Last edited:
Personally, if I had 1.2-era saves, I would start over in 1.4. There are a LOT of things you would miss out on if you just used an old 1.2 world. Remember, anything tied to worldgen requires a world built during that update. YMMV.

Personally, if I had 1.2-era saves, I would start over in 1.4. There are a LOT of things you would miss out on if you just used an old 1.2 world. Remember, anything tied to worldgen requires a world built during that update. YMMV.
Yeah, thats understandable and my old 1.3 worlds are kinda naff anyway i was just messing about after beating everything plus i accidently turned my jungle pretty much into a hallow/udnerground hallow with the clentaminator, oops, notmy finest moment, as for the world gen thing obviously new structures added in newer updates wont generate in older worlds obiviously, meaning you have to make another world, which I can do, im looking forward to a fresh start on console anyway, and also the world gen algorithms if what ive heard and read changes with each update, so we get to see what the new terrain looks like, as well as what happens when the world gen decides to blunder and generate the world strangely, such as the space height level dungeon entrances, those were always fun and cool to find.

So… I have a question. I honestly don't keep up to date with forums. So it was probably stated elsewhere and I just didn't see.

Will the update be released on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as well, or is it just for the newer generation of consoles?

So… I have a question. I honestly don't keep up to date with forums. So it was probably stated elsewhere and I just didn't see.

Will the update be released on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as well, or is it just for the newer generation of consoles?

It would be primarily XB1/PS4 and then the newer consoles still have it playable via backwards compatibility. We do not yet have any PS5/XB Series exclusive version or anything.

The moment the update is green-lighted will it be out on console or will take for example 30 min or a day?

We will still have to press a final launch button on our end - which allows for better coordination of, say, both to launch together if possible.

We're all excited for the update to come out, but Come On People!! Let's just be more patient! Now, obviously it's gonna be some time before the update will get released. They can't just release it without giving the final touches on the update. Everyone will be informed when the update will be available, so until then let's all relax, be patient, and remember that this is not in their hands right now. The waiting game is hard, but it will be worth it.

That being said, I'd rather the update be brought out later than sooner. That way they can find out if there are glitches (ie. like in 1.3 on console, if you travel in a large world to the far right in the ocean biome, it crashes. That never got fixed) just to name one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom