Terraria: Journey's End for PlayStation and XBOX - Submitted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all excited for the update to come out, but Come On People!! Let's just be more patient! Now, obviously it's gonna be some time before the update will get released. They can't just release it without giving the final touches on the update. Everyone will be informed when the update will be available, so until then let's all relax, be patient, and remember that this is not in their hands right now. The waiting game is hard, but it will be worth it.

That being said, I'd rather the update be brought out later than sooner. That way they can find out if there are glitches (ie. like in 1.3 on console, if you travel in a large world to the far right in the ocean biome, it crashes. That never got fixed) just to name one.
well said

If it's anything like PC, then if it's in your inventory, then I don't see why you would have to make it again.

The only reason I say that is because, when PC went from 1.3 - 1.4, my characters from 1.3 still had their items in 1.4.

But don't take my word for it though. But I do know that DR Studios is making the effort to bringing saves over from 1.3.

If the timing is close together, we tend to try and release them at the same time. If there is expected to be a protracted delay (like, say one was going to be a month longer than the other for example), we have released them separately in the past.

We have no way to fully know what will occur here. The old-old gen (remember that was two console generations ago now) runs on a codebase that is quite far removed from what 1.4 will be. So, while the DR team has spent a lot of time on the transfers from 1.3 Era saves to 1.4 Era saves... there is no code sitting around from which to build nor really any save files to test 1.2 Era -> 1.4 Era, skipping the middle step.So, we suspect nothing will happen here and/or they just won't transfer properly.

Do note, however, that the transfer system does not actually remove or alter the original saves - so you will not lose those, they just won't be playable in 1.4. This is potentially something that can be explored later on if it is an area of huge community need - but this is the scenario for launch.

If you have a PS3 file you would like to send to us before launch, we would love to have it - then we can test and see what happens and get back to you (and everyone) - follow the link below to do so if you want.

SUBMIT YOUR PLAYSTATION SAVES AND INFORMATION HERE!

It shouldn't, no. I tested a lot using JM (which is a godsend for testing purposes), and achievements (in game and system level) appeared fine for me.
I want to make sure: if I play on ps5 with backwards compatibility and my main world was made back in 1.2 will I be able to play on it? ( I know that I should start over again on a new world but I still want acces to my main world, it's pretty important to me ) Were you talking just about old-old gen or all old files on any platform? Thanks!

Last edited:
If it's anything like PC, then if it's in your inventory, then I don't see why you would have to make it again.

The only reason I say that is because, when PC went from 1.3 - 1.4, my characters from 1.3 still had their items in 1.4.

But don't take my word for it though. But I do know that DR Studios is making the effort to bringing saves over from 1.3.
I hope so, my current 1.3 world is my own all items world, it has everything in the game upto the current release, I've collected it all the way from when the game first came out on console :(

I can only guess but I think the approval process will take 2-3 weeks of course so far its been a week and 2 days
Release date my guess that I think will be Sept 8th or Sept 15th at latest but I could be wrong as I'm only taking a guess

We're all excited for the update to come out, but Come On People!! Let's just be more patient! Now, obviously it's gonna be some time before the update will get released. They can't just release it without giving the final touches on the update. Everyone will be informed when the update will be available, so until then let's all relax, be patient, and remember that this is not in their hands right now. The waiting game is hard, but it will be worth it.

That being said, I'd rather the update be brought out later than sooner. That way they can find out if there are glitches (ie. like in 1.3 on console, if you travel in a large world to the far right in the ocean biome, it crashes. That never got fixed) just to name one.
I concur, as anxious as I am to play it its gonna take some time and effort for Sony and Microsoft to perform their quality assurance check, so I can hold myseklf downa nd wait, and I rememebr that particular glitch, it absolutely sucks, I really hope they fix that.

I want to make sure: if I play on ps5 with backwards compatibility and my main world was made back in 1.2 will I be able to play on it? ( I know that I should start over again on a new world but I still want acces to my main world, it's pretty importowany to me ) Were you talking just about old-old gen or all old files on any platform? Thanks!
Maybe on the online storage

I'm pretty sure you can I'm not a Dev of the game so I'm not certain as I got the ps4 version starting with v1.3 instead of v1.2 which auto updated to v1.3.5 plus I'm restarting for the last time I had already deleted my character and world to be ready but besides that I think loki said we'll keep the saves

I got a good character for 1.3.5 on PS4 version along with an goodish world save for all of the altars being gone, and that I accidently hallowified most of the jungle into hallowed grass, oh well i dont mind starting over.

Certification on Xbox generally takes about 5 days given what other developers have said, so it's likely that PS and/or Xbox had issues with certification.

Certification on Xbox generally takes about 5 days given what other developers have said, so it's likely that PS and/or Xbox had issues with certification.
I heard ps takes up to 2 weeks, and from my understanding they’re trying to release them on both consoles on the same day(barring any special circumstances like with 1.3) so it’s possible Xbox is already done and they’re waiting on ps.They’re is also the fact of covid etc having an effect on the cert process.Though it’d be nice if instead of guessing we could get some update on the situation.

Certification is not a monolithic experience. Time taken greatly depends on the amount of content and the complexity of the game. Taking what other random developers have experienced and assuming it applies isn't necessarily accurate. For me, I look at how long our own past subs have taken to get a sense of timing - but even that is so variable that I couldn't venture a guess. Both of those dynamics above work against us here. :)

That said, and as I mentioned elsewhere, having more than one submission pass is not abnormal, especially on an update of this magnitude coupled with a LOT of overhauled pieces.

Also who knows what Covid and such does to the timeline.

And yes, if possible - and the gap isn't too large - we would like to release them both at the same time. Hopefully, we will have an update on timing soon.

I heard ps takes up to 2 weeks, and from my understanding they’re trying to release them on both consoles on the same day(barring any special circumstances like with 1.3) so it’s possible Xbox is already done and they’re waiting on ps.They’re is also the fact of covid etc having an effect on the cert process.Though it’d be nice if instead of guessing we could get some update on the situation.
Yeah I basically guessed a 2-3 week time period and that's between Sept 8th-Sept 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom