Terraria: Journey's End is Coming to PlayStation and Xbox on September 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't be a patch, this is a lot of new code so the old bugs won't really be valid anymore... but as with all software, will likely have a few new ones the team will have to squash. :)
Awesome, thanks for clarifying this. I really appreciate the info, cause it was one of my concerns.

You can beat master mode without getting equipment from easier difficulties. In fact, that's how it is designed. All master mode bosses are designed to be beaten without gear from difficulties beyond them.
Exactly so the boys and I know for a fact that second priority is making ironskin potions instead of armor other than wood/cactus plus we'll be grinding for money off the start just in case the traveling merchant rocks up with the sitting ducks fishing pole so we can all get the falcon blade as quickly as possible.

Just a suggestion to you guys getting your Zenith's ready: Don't bring your character to master mode.
I mean you can if you really want to, but playing master mode with the best gear takes a lot of the fun out of it. It's so fun to start fresh and get your face stomped in on master mode and to overcome it.
Yeah thats gonna fun, but you got a point whilst it might be easier to do it with an already end game character, it's more fun to start over and enjoy the trials and triublations of Master Mode, knowing at the end if you do come out on top you can say you beat it without resorting to unorthodox methods or an already endgame character.

But hey do you guys think I should go for Master Mode right off the bat, I mena I legimately cleared Normal/Classic mode on Console, I can get quite far into Ecpert Mode with my end game character before I get the utter tar beaten out of me? I dunno.

yeah and master mode is just artificial difficulty which is wacc. At least expert mode added some new attack patterns, master mode just made them hit harder and lasts longer.

isn't that basically what the soulsborne games do...?

the entire games are artificial difficulty and NG+ literally just makes things hit harder and last longer.

yet everyone seems to beg for more.

that's what i feel like master mode on the "for the worthy" seed is... it's terraria souls. :dryadtongue:

only difference is, i'm actually excited to play master mode "for the worthy". :dryadsmile:

Last edited:
isn't that basically what the soulsborne games do...?

the entire games are artificial difficulty and NG+ literally just makes things hit harder and last longer.

yet everyone seems to beg for more.

that's what i feel like master mode on the "for the worthy" seed is... it's terraria souls. :dryadtongue:

only difference is, i'm actually excited to play master mode "for the worthy". :dryadsmile:
yeah but the thing with souls games, is that most npcs has their own questline you can follow and easily mess up in your first playthrough ,
and that's when ng+ comes in handy.

Will duping for Xbox/ps be around still?
I doubt it, but a new dupe glitch may arrive when the update releases.

eh... you're both aware that 1.4 has an actual mode with an official and intentional duplication feature, right?

why risk corrupting your game with glitches when you can just use the journey mode duplication risk-free?
yeah but the thing with souls games, is that most npcs has their own questline you can follow and easily mess up in your first playthrough ,
and that's when ng+ comes in handy.

so having side quests you can screw up due to artificial difficulty makes them better?

this is the thing i don't get... whatever the soulsborne games do, people praise them...

...but when other games do the same thing, people scream "artificial difficulty!" and bash them for it.

Zenith Blade, Master Mode and all the new bosses! Here I come! And let’s not forget, For the Worthy!
console is updating to the desktop equivalent of 1.4.0.5, so there will be no ftw celebrationmk10 yet, atleast until console updates to 1.4.1 which might take quite a while as the devs just updated console to 1.4

edit: hello, i made a stupid mistake and mistook celebrationmk10 with ftw so uh, sorry for the mistake

Last edited:
eh... you're both aware that 1.4 has an actual mode with an official and intentional duplication feature, right?

why risk corrupting your game with glitches when you can just use the journey mode duplication risk-free?

so having side quests you can screw up due to artificial difficulty makes them better?

this is the thing i don't get... whatever the soulsborne games do, people praise them...

...but when other games do the same thing, people scream "artificial difficulty!" and bash them for it.
I think they meant more that the ng+ is there to redo the questline, as someone who’s played through all of soulsborne it’s really not hard to do a questline, just messing up the steps is what can mess it up. Ng+ in pretty much every soulsborne game just makes everything hit harder, nothing about making anything last longer, those games are much, much easier in their ng+ cycles.

console is updating to the desktop equivalent of 1.4.0.5, so there will be no ftw yet, atleast until console updates to 1.4.1 which might take quite a while as the devs just updated console to 1.4
Actually Loki boyo already confirmed we will be getting seeds/secret seeds on this update including torch god and such, the 1.4.0.5 xbox update won't be the exact same as the pc update per say cause it's console.

console is updating to the desktop equivalent of 1.4.0.5, so there will be no ftw yet, atleast until console updates to 1.4.1 which might take quite a while as the devs just updated console to 1.4

people sure like to state things with absolutely nothing to back up their statements...

1.4.0.5 WILL have the drunk, bees, and FTW seeds.

it's been stated multiple times, and console is getting the same version mobile has right now... which also has those seeds.

please do some research before randomly stating things as fact, it causes a lot of misinformation to be spread around.

Hey I mean yeah duping in journey mode is useful but you have to get a certain amount of an item first, right? Like if I needed exploding bullets and I only had 13 left, and not enough mats to craft more. I would not be able to dupe it in journey

Where the hell did you hear this? No it has all the secret seeds except for anniversary seed
Mobile base not the bees FTW, and the drunk world and their version is 1.4.0.5

Hey I mean yeah duping in journey mode is useful but you have to get a certain amount of an item first, right? Like if I needed exploding bullets and I only had 13 left, and not enough mats to craft more. I would not be able to dupe it in journey
Duping wasn't a feature, it's an exploit, so why would they recode it back in?

Item duplication in JM does require researching a number of an item, in the case of bullets only 99, but after that initial expense you can duplicate 999 of them with one click, whenever you need them - including in a fight - without having to have even one of them on you. Surely that's better, and easier, no?

@Loki
Do we have an estimated time period for mobile 1.4.1? I assume it will be beginning of 2022 if console is a ”2022 thing” — or at least I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom