Terraria: Journey's End is Coming to PlayStation and Xbox on September 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a metaphor. If you need anything that requires something that is rare or hard to get and requires a stack of it is going to want to be duped so you have enough without researching it if you don’t have enough

it wasn't a metaphor, it was a weak defense and poor comparison.

exploding bullets are not even remotely difficult to get.

weapons, armor, accessories, and furniture all require only one item to research.

anything that requires a lot of research can either be bought or easily farmed in large amounts, like wood.

most other items that require more research, you're bound to come across the amount of items needed to research them before you actually need to start using them in a serious battle... for example, potion ingredients would be easy to dupe if you find two herb bags to research, which should be plenty easy.

once you get enough potions, then you can research them.

what extremely rare item in the game is going to require more than one item to research?

most extremely rare items are things that only require one to research.

the only exceptions that i can think of are event-summoning items, but those items' ingredients will need to be collected in such large amounts in order to farm those events normally, that you'd easily find more than enough to research them and the summoning items themselves only require three, which is reasonable and should also be easy to get your hands on.

the pirate map, while not craftable, also requires only three to research.

basically, there is nothing that should make glitches more appealing than journey mode.

i mean, in the end, it's your characters/worlds, if you wanna risk them by messing with glitches, that's your choice.

but journey mode's research requirements look to be more than fair and plenty easy to use.

@Unit One quick question, sorry if it's been asked already, obviously I will be creating a new world upon release of JE, however my current world I have at present is literally just a storage world where all my items are kept, will that still be accessible to use in terms of storage to grab the old items for my new world?
Like ZeroJinKui and Caleb have mentioned, you should be able to enter your current world (with a non Journey Mode character) and add to it.

Loki also mentioned this in a prior thread
1.3-era worlds should transfer over fine to 1.4. We are less sure about 1.2 era worlds that were never played on the 1.3 codebase (because we never got one in to test, amongst other reasons). Either way, the original saves will be kept intact in a separate folder just in case there are issues.

You can see his answer in context here: Terraria: Journey's End for PlayStation and XBOX - Submitted!

I got 2 questions first will old Jen consoles get 1.4 most of my friends are ps3 players. Second will 1.3 worlds be able to get 1.4 items, npcs, and bosses like the zoologist, queen slime, and zenith?

I got 2 questions first will old Jen consoles get 1.4 most of my friends are ps3 players. Second will 1.3 worlds be able to get 1.4 items, npcs, and bosses like the zoologist, queen slime, and zenith?

Old gen are in 1.2 because they can't have 1.3

And 1.3 world Will be automaticly transfert to 1.4 .
Just to add to this:

Any changes that 1.4 makes to world generation, such as new biomes (mini oasis, minibiomes), altered dungeon, etc., will not be in 1.3 worlds that have been converted.

If you wish the experience these, you would have to create a new world.

View attachment 341091

That's right Terrarians - we have an official launch date for Journey's End to arrive on Xbox and PlayStation - September 30th!

As we mentioned a bit ago, we have been in submission with Sony/Microsoft - and we did have to conduct a second pass/submission after fixing up a few things. However, we are completely confident in this second pass - enough so that we are ready to give you all an official date.

We will have a changelog and more information available on launch day.

So, settle in for a bit longer and start the countdown, Terrarians - Journey's End will be with you soon!​
Will there be a translation into Portuguese? because we don't have this language on consoles

REEEE 5 MORE DAYS/ 4 FOR SOME OF US
Its actually a collective today is 4 more days. For everyone it won’t release early for others in different time zones because they have a set time for the release in 1 time zone so then it will come out in all the time zones at the same “time”(not really same time, but like same moment)

sorry to get back late, but I had to travel.
did i miss something with 1.3?

the ONLY time i remember terraria being a broken mess was when 1.2 first got implemented, since it was added on the original console build, which broke everything.

i had no issues with 1.1, pipeworks' 1.2, or 1.3, as far as i can remember.
sandstorms, blizzards are almost perpetual, still has crashing issues, game consistently gets stuck trying to save for me (always ending in data corruption and me re-downloading from cloud) but my 2 family members that I tend to play with don't experience this problem for whatever reason, plenty more bugs I can't remember of the top of my head, and when every major update has dropped, I lost stuff, I don't remember much about 1.1 probably repressing it, like when hell was is the sky and the sky in hell when 1.2 launched any chests that moved with the bug at all lost everything, 1.3 launched and I lost everything except 2 characters out of 7, and all my worlds because the data conversion was broken and couldn't convert past my 3rd character and never got fixed, even though I sent in my save data and all that, and no one got back to me, I debated never playing the game again, and if I lose any worlds at all a third time, I won't be coming back, I was extremely upset, there was no closure, I am rightfully skeptical.
now I know what your thinking, "thats alot of bad luck", and it is, but I will say I played a game called rune factory, I had a 100% chance to craft the fourth element sword and failed, eso I failed 27 times in a row to force pick a chest with a 25% chance before giving up, and that is just the tip of the iceberg so I'm probably cursed.
nah

Last edited:
sorry to get back late, but I had to travel.

sandstorms, blizzards are almost perpetual, still has crashing issues, game consistently gets stuck trying to save for me (always ending in data corruption and me re-downloading from cloud) but my 2 family members that I tend to play with don't experience this problem for whatever reason, plenty more bugs I can't remember of the top of my head, and when every major update has dropped, I lost stuff, I don't remember much about 1.1 probably repressing it, like when hell was is the sky and the sky in hell when 1.2 launched any chests that moved with the bug at all lost everything, 1.3 launched and I lost everything except 2 characters out of 7, and all my worlds because the data conversion was broken and couldn't convert past my 3rd character and never got fixed, even though I sent in my save data and all that, and no one got back to me, I debated never playing the game again, and if I lose any worlds at all a third time, I won't be coming back, I was extremely upset, there was no closure, I am rightfully skeptical.
now I know what your thinking, "thats alot of bad luck", and it is, but I will say I played a game called rune factory, I had a 100% chance to craft the fourth element sword and failed, eso I failed 27 times in a row to force pick a chest with a 25% chance before giving up, and that is just the tip of the iceberg so I'm probably cursed.

nah

...yeah, i'd have to go with "cursed". :dryadeek:

i've never heard of most of the stuff you mentioned happening in terraria.

that other stuff is pretty nuts, too.

...yeah, i'd have to go with "cursed". :dryadeek:

i've never heard of most of the stuff you mentioned happening in terraria.

that other stuff is pretty nuts, too.
Oh yeah can’t believe I forgot about the perpetual sandstorms and blizzards, those were like the main reason my friends and I stopped our fresh character expert mode run, it was just too tedious to deal with the perpetual sandstorms with with deserts on both sides of the world. I also remembered that I have a world that just has like a dead chunk or something, cause as soon as I step a bit of a way to the left side of my spawn the game will just insta crash, the only way to avoid it is by going over or under that chunk of the world, and this is a world that was made during 1.3. The world only started having issues after beating Moon Lord and we had to move the stuff from that world over to a new one wince that chunk being dead made it impossible to do pillars again.

View attachment 341091

That's right Terrarians - we have an official launch date for Journey's End to arrive on Xbox and PlayStation - September 30th!

As we mentioned a bit ago, we have been in submission with Sony/Microsoft - and we did have to conduct a second pass/submission after fixing up a few things. However, we are completely confident in this second pass - enough so that we are ready to give you all an official date.

We will have a changelog and more information available on launch day.

So, settle in for a bit longer and start the countdown, Terrarians - Journey's End will be with you soon!​
Will there be a set time? I live in Australia and most stuff that drops say on a Wednesday in the USA is usually a Thursday in the early AMs for us over here and I was wondering if that'd still be the case with this or if it'll drop closer to midnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom