Terraria: Journey's End Launch Weekend Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Changelog is purported to be forty seven pages long. I'm sure we'll see an exorbitant amount of mouth-watering delectables within its formidable scope.

I can appreciate one's parents' wishes to keep their children occupied with diversions that may stimulate intellectual growth or avoid them getting fat and sedentary, though it should also be acknowledged that not all games are purely for entertainment. It's not as if it's unheard of that playing video games can be helpful to certain people in certain fields. It's just a matter of what the person wants to do with their life and how these activities will help them. I played a ton of RPGs in my youth (Baldur's Gate, anyone?) and it's definitely increased my ability to read and comprehend social undertones. Those writers were brilliant, I tell you.

So who knows what benefits playing Terraria may have on one's brain. I'll bet it helps deal with spacial awareness at a minimum. I know I'm always planning my builds in my head while I play, and I don't want to accidentally make a house one tile too small.
I agree. We are doing this thing called Tech Trep, and it will pay for stuff it deems "Educational" and they pay for Minecraft, and I'm getting Terraria though it, so clearly they have some benefit on the human mind.

Why do I have a feeling journey's end is gonna be delayed again...…..
I wouldn't blame them one bit if it was. I wouldn't be entirely against it, either.
1) We all know the adage "A rushed game is bad forever. A delayed game is eventually excellent." ... ... or whatever.
2) They're still working on the game as we type and chat. There's still tiny bits of features left to finish, bugs to squash, etc. Heck, just by watching some of the Let's Plays and other videos, the devs found some little quirks they had to squash. How many other things will be found between now and then that still have to be fixed?

It's not easy developing a game. Heck, I inherited a full finished game and I'm still fixing bugs that the original designer never found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom