Terraria: Journey's End Now Available on Nintendo Switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure that I fully understand the situation here, so can I try to dive deeper?

Item A is located in a Chest (or other inventory slot)
You pick up Item A from that slot/chest

You move Item A to another slot, that is currently occupied by Item B
Dropping Item A into that slot causes Item A and Item B to swap positions

Is that accurate?

That... sorta seems like how it should work if so? So what am I missing? :)
Yeah that's exactly how it's working. The last time I played the switch version it would work like this: You pick up item A from an item slot, and move it into the place of item B, and after thats done, item B would be the new movable held item instead of swapping places like in 1.4. For example, if I wanted to move an item into my inventory from a chest to make it empty but I have no empty slots to prevent the item swapping back into the chest, you'd need to throw something out or move it into an empty slot of the chest to not have the item swapping take place. It sounds a little confusing, but in simple terms, it has to do with holding the new item that the previous held item has now taken the place of compared to the swapping of the two places from places like inventory slot 8 to inventory slot 23. I was wondering if this change was at all able to be turned off or modified in favor of the older way of moving around inventory items.

Hi all! New here and new to Terraria. My little online crew finally decided to give it a try on Switch and somehow managed to start about a week before this huge update came out!

Seems like a lot of new stuff on top of the already huge amount of content we have to explore. We're pretty excited!

One thing we can't find an answer to is if we need to restart our map to get access to all the new stuff. We've only got a few sessions in it, so we've barely scratched the surface (pun intended), but aren't sure if there's reason to restart. :)

Cheers and thanks!

Hi all! New here and new to Terraria. My little online crew finally decided to give it a try on Switch and somehow managed to start about a week before this huge update came out!

Seems like a lot of new stuff on top of the already huge amount of content we have to explore. We're pretty excited!

One thing we can't find an answer to is if we need to restart our map to get access to all the new stuff. We've only got a few sessions in it, so we've barely scratched the surface (pun intended), but aren't sure if there's reason to restart. :)

Cheers and thanks!
If you want to find everything in the 1.4 update then yes, however you're probably fine with the old world.
You will be missing the newly generated 1.4 biomes like the desert oasis and the glowing moss areas in the caverns and you'll also be missing some items that would generate in chests for 1.4 like the spiked mace.
Depending on how far you got into terraria in that week (Like if you built a substantial base or did some bosses past the King Slime or the Eye of Cthulhu) then you should move into a 1.4 world. Easy way to do it is grab some chests and port items from the old world into the new world. You'll have to build new homes and such but it'll be quick for the most part.

So I downloaded the update, and quickly found out that you can finally aim reliably in 360 degrees with the joystick. It used to "snap" to 8 directions previously, and you really had to move your joystick carefully to get in-between those 8. I've wanted this for so long, incredibly happy it was changed!

Be aware though! Going into old worlds right now seems to make everything you've put on mannequins prior to this update completely disappear. I reverted back to a pre-update save data via cloud backup, and I'm not sure I want to start the game again until it's fixed.

Split Stack (ZL on Red's Pick), move the slider to choose how many, etc

Does it only work in the inventory menu or should I be able to do that in the duplication menu as well? Because I'm not getting an option to use the slider on the duplication menu to choose how many I want to grab after the research is done.

Last edited:
Be aware though! Going into old worlds right now seems to make everything you've put on mannequins prior to this update completely disappear. I reverted back to a pre-update save data via cloud backup, and I'm not sure I want to start the game again until it's fixed.

The team is aware of this and it will be fixed in the first fix patch which should be submitted relatively soon. Sorry for the issues!

Does it only work in the inventory menu or should I be able to do that in the duplication menu as well? Because I'm not getting an option to use the slider on the duplication menu to choose how many I want to grab after the research is done.

Research always does a full stack - even on PC.

That said, will pass along the feedback.

Research always does a full stack - even on PC.

That said, will pass along the feedback.
Good to know. It’s been awhile since I have been on PC due to not having a location to set up, but I thought I could right click to grab one. I could be wrong. Thanks!

我必须向505查询。我知道有几个地区有不同的程序要通过(对NOE/NOA)。我知道日本和韩国是这样的--对香港不确定,但我会找到答案的。
我想知道日本地区的版本多久更新,能给我一个大概具体一点的时间吗?现在我的还是1.3的

Likewise, I have a love hate relationship with the Solar Pillar its my favourite since it its my class as a warrior/melee, but its the worst of the four, speaking of what class do you usually play as?
I always play Ranger. Maybe Summoner as well if it's a co-class playthrough

Don't know if this is a bug but on switch the Celestial Wand pet doesn't have eyes like it should

Last edited:
If you want to find everything in the 1.4 update then yes, however you're probably fine with the old world.
You will be missing the newly generated 1.4 biomes like the desert oasis and the glowing moss areas in the caverns and you'll also be missing some items that would generate in chests for 1.4 like the spiked mace.
Depending on how far you got into terraria in that week (Like if you built a substantial base or did some bosses past the King Slime or the Eye of Cthulhu) then you should move into a 1.4 world. Easy way to do it is grab some chests and port items from the old world into the new world. You'll have to build new homes and such but it'll be quick for the most part.

Thank you for the response/clarification! I think we'll continue to noodle around in this one while getting used to controls and the game loop and then start a new map after we feel a little more proficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom