Terraria: Journey's End Now Available on Nintendo Switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the Hong Kong store not updated?

Because in some regions (Japan, Korea, HK Store, etc), Terraria console (including Switch) is published by different publishers. Sometimes, it takes just a bit longer for things to work through those systems. Shouldn't be too much longer, I should hope.

Hello dear friends. Do we really need to create a new world after this update in order to reach all of the new content? I have created my own graveyard and a small pond in the desert became an oasis by itself. Do we really miss something if we don’t create a new world? Please don’t answer this if you are not entirely sure. Thanks a lot.

Hello dear friends. Do we really need to create a new world after this update in order to reach all of the new content? I have created my own graveyard and a small pond in the desert became an oasis by itself. Do we really miss something if we don’t create a new world? Please don’t answer this if you are not entirely sure. Thanks a lot.

Yes. Chest content, minibiomes, etc. will be missed. Also, you cannot take a JM character into a non-JM world. Truly, a fresh play every 1.X update is the way to go, IMO.

Yes. Chest content, minibiomes, etc. will be missed. Also, you cannot take a JM character into a non-JM world. Truly, a fresh play every 1.X update is the way to go, IMO.

Many thanks but the new mini bioms are already there. The new NPCs (JM) have also moved in. At this point my only concern is the chest contents. Is there a way that my world updates itself automatically? How come the oasis mini biom creates itself for example?

Many thanks but the new mini bioms are already there. The new NPCs (JM) have also moved in. At this point my only concern is the chest contents. Is there a way that my world updates itself automatically? How come the oasis mini biom creates itself for example?

No, anything that requires worldgen to exist will not be there on an older world.

you can artificially create biomes for old worlds, but unless you make a new world, they won't be properly generated by the game itself.

that includes any chests and other world gen content.

worlds do not update themselves, this is why creating new worlds every major update is recommended.

Hello everyone! Haven't played since release, noticed that in Journey's end update HD rumble is missing. Was it removed in some update or am I the only one missing this feature?

you can artificially create biomes for old worlds, but unless you make a new world, they won't be properly generated by the game itself.

that includes any chests and other world gen content.

worlds do not update themselves, this is why creating new worlds every major update is recommended.
Thank you for your reply. It makes perfectly sense what you guys are saying but I didn’t do anything. The pond was there with blue water before the update. The new minibioms appeared automatically. I was really surprised when I have noticed the bioms and then the new NPCs. I think I willl stick to my old world in this case :)

Thank you for your reply. It makes perfectly sense what you guys are saying but I didn’t do anything. The pond was there with blue water before the update. The new minibioms appeared automatically. I was really surprised when I have noticed the bioms and then the new NPCs. I think I willl stick to my old world in this case :)

yes, world gen could sometimes place water in various places on the surface, this can include desert biomes.

so with enough water being present in the desert, after the update, it would be counted as an oasis, but not truly generated as one.

it'd be just like if you left a lot of gravestones in an area before the update, they'd instantly become a graveyard afterwards.

that is just how biomes function, and NPCs aren't specifically tied to world gen, for the most part, with a few exceptions.

for instance, if you played on a really old world from before spider nests existed, you'd likely never be able to find a stylist, cause she only spawns in spider nests.

you don't have to give up your old world, but if you ever want to experience ALL the new stuff, you'll have to make a new one.

you can make several worlds, you don't have to be limited to just one, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom