Terraria: Journey's End Now Available on Nintendo Switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't work when having "pause in inventory mode" on; neither a direct use (for example potions via ZL) nor a use via Swap to World mode. Wouldn't it make more sense to automatically deactivate the pause when pressing ZL or when having an input in Swap to World (like moving, or pressing a button to place something/build)? Or would this cause some issues?

Not really something that works in the current systems (not even on PC) - an interesting idea, though... no promises, but I'll mention it to both teams.

Seems like NoE really likes Terraria, too. Can you share what the process has been like @Loki (if it was not solely a 505 Games + Nintendo decision), e.g. do you know whether it was NoE actively offering this opportunity to the team+publisher

Can't really speak to behind the scenes stuff much at all... all sorts of NDA traps there. :eek:

Hotfix Patch today:

FIXED
  • Armor items stored on mannequins disappear after upgrading to version 1.4
  • Items stored in frames are graphically corrupted and disappear after upgrading to version 1.4
  • The game crashes during player creation when using a special character in the name
  • The game crashes if the player accesses the inventory while on a shop menu, then moves away from the shop range and then enters the inventory again.
  • World generated chandeliers (not placed by player) appear corrupted, but will show correctly if they are pickaxed and placed again.
  • The placement grid disappears if the player accesses the inventory and chooses a non-grid item and exits
Wait....the placement grid bug still happens on ps4

Good stuff, I think my brother will finally get a version of this game he'll actually like, he always complains about how poorly optimized the PC version is, all the time, now he can run the "definitive version" with no issues, other than those limited to the Nintendo Switch... 😏 🤷‍♂️

what do you mean limited? how in anyway is that limited?
Lightly following Terraria news on consoles, namely The Switch, I heard that peer-to-peer play is split-screen only, but it's possible there might be local peer-to-peer using cables? I haven't heard any news about that capability just yet so, I can only assume it's not supported. In addition, there were some warnings about possible areas with "slowdown", because of the consoles limitations (i.e. the battle with Empress of Light, Old One's Army Events, Frost Moon etc.).

As far as PC goes, my brother is highly critical of 2D, platformer-ish games that don't run on older rigs, he's under the belief that there's no excuse for them not to, due to the graphical demand/ fidelity necessary to run such games shouldn't need that much processing power, to which I agree to some extent (seeing as how my old laptop can't run 1.4).

On the other hand, I do have a certain bias when it comes to Terraria, so I wouldn't mind just upgrading my PC just to play it, but I don't expect everyone to feel the same way about it... 😏 🤷‍♂️

Lightly following Terraria news on consoles, namely The Switch, I heard that peer-to-peer play is split-screen only, but it's possible there might be local peer-to-peer using cables? I haven't heard any news about that capability just yet so, I can only assume it's not supported. In addition, there were some warnings about possible areas with "slowdown", because of the consoles limitations (i.e. the battle with Empress of Light, Old One's Army Events, Frost Moon etc.).

As far as PC goes, my brother is highly critical of 2D, platformer-ish games that don't run on older rigs, he's under the belief that there's no excuse for them not to, due to the graphical demand necessary to run such games shouldn't need that much processing power, to which I agree to some extent (seeing as how my old laptop can't run 1.4).

On the other hand, I do have a certain bias when it come to Terraria, so I wouldn't mind just upgrading my PC just to play it, but I don't expect everyone to feel the same way about it... 😏 🤷‍♂️
Well how old is you computher, eh? My old one was over a decade old, and everything was horrible, and it ran 1.4 and all other updates afterwards perfectly fine. No frame issues at all.

Well how old is you computher, eh? My old one was over a decade old, and everything was horrible, and it ran 1.4 and all other updates afterwards perfectly fine. No frame issues at all.
2008, Windows 7, Intel(R) Core i5-2430M CPU, 2.40GHz, 64-bit 😏 🤷‍♂️

What's even more odd, is that I was having issues with slowdown on my current PC, which is a gaming MSi, GTX950M, SSD.
Had to tone down/ tweak the graphical settings too, and this bad-boy plays Cyberpunk 2077, LoL!

2008, Windows 7, Intel(R) Core i5-2430M CPU, 2.40GHz, 64-bit 😏 🤷‍♂️

What's even more odd, is that I was having issues with slowdown on my current PC, which is a gaming MSi, GTX950M, SSD.
Had to tone down/ tweak the graphical settings too, and this bad-boy plays Cyberpunk 2077, LoL!
Cyberpunk 2077 takes almost 10 times as much processing power more than Terraria, so either you‘re lying, or something is wrong with your game.

2008? That’s funny. Mine was from 2003, that’s older than I am.

Cyberpunk 2077 takes almost 10 times as much processing power more than Terraria, so either you‘re lying, or something is wrong with your game.
Nope, I reported the issue and everything... [here]. It has/ had something to do with a "memory leak" that was either patched-out or "fixed". I've made some adjustments to my graphical setting in the meantime.

Also...
Cyberpunk_2077_Steam_01-20-2022.png

2008? That’s funny. Mine was from 2003, that’s older than I am.
I mean, I'm sure if I messed around with it, I could figure out what the issue is/ was, but the problem was pretty consistent across the board with all the players I used to co-op with prior to 1.4. They all had to either get new PCs, or lower their graphical settings. 🤔 🥤

I am very sad 😔 I can’t playing with my friends cause they used Terraria 1.4.3 version.

My birthday will January 28. I have a hope that the developers are coming out the update 🥲

Graphics aren’t the issue when it comes to Terraria performance. The “better graphics = hardware intensive” notion is not always the case.

Terraria is harder on CPU and RAM…

It’s a deceptively demanding game… especially if you are lacking in either of those spaces

Terraria is harder on CPU and RAM…

It’s a deceptively demanding game… especially if you are lacking in either of those spaces
Interesting... I've never found it necessary to ask before but, now that we're here, what are the minimum, recommended specs for 1.4 (for the intended experience, no lag spikes, graphical artifacts, etc.)? 🤔🥤

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom