Terraria: Journey's End Vanity Contest Winners!

Maybe I've missed it, but do we know how to get these sets in game? e.g chests or angler quests or crafted with rare materials
Love all the entries, not just the finalists (I was rooting for the tree costume because that means a lot to terraria)
<3

Weather the animated ones keep their animations or not is dependent on both the creators and the Relogic staff who has to make these for the game. It sure helps if the sprite is already made with the animation as that means less work for the Relogic spriters.

I want my mod of the vanity contest now >:C (it could probably release sometime upon 1.4's release unless peeps are lazy and we wait for 2 years before I get bored and mod them in because I cant mod at this time)

I had an vanity design,but i arrived late...
Dont ask me where it is,i was sad and i dont wanna talk about it,but we have a plaguebringer.

Yeah I know I'm just commenting right now but those are pretty cool, I love the two plague doctor inspired ones but that fourth one, that floret protector is so sick !!
For the plaguebringer, I hope we'll keep the flames, especially if we can see them without having to wear the hood.

i am confused on all the replies are congurating the winners even though nearly everyone should had done it by a couple days.....

I expected begging for the mod but I guess no one cares about the losers :/

I hope someone mods the other ones into the game or religic takes their time nice and slowly to add them
(I'm talking about the ones who didn't. Make it as many put their time into it and religic shouldn't put others time to wast)

Damn all these blow my Ferox Armor set right out of the water! Well Done! My fav is the timeless traveler. I actually write a lot of stories with "timeless travelers". Second is the sea-goat/glass ram.

Greetings Terrarians!

We are but a few short weeks away from the launch of Journey's End! We know that all of you are just as excited as we are for the release of the fourth and final major content update for Terraria... but we also know that you are equally excited to find which fan-generated vanity sets will be making their way into the game.

After a journey of over 7,000 entries, 431 Semi-Finalists, 25 Finalists and then counting more than 143,000 votes from the Terraria community - we at long last know the winners of the Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Winners were selected via a points system, rewarding FIVE points for each First Place vote, THREE points for each Second Place vote, and ONE point for each Third Place vote.

If you did indeed present a winning entry, Loki will reach out to you on TCF PM to gather contact information so that we can handle the legalities and then go over the process of how your design will make it into Terraria!

We will present the Top 3 winners in the order that they finished in the fan vote - and then maybe share a few surprises at the end. So, without further ado, the envelope please!

index.php

FIRST PLACE
PLAGUEBRINGER'S ROBES
by SodaHunter

View attachment 268423

Far and away the top vote-getter, SodaHunter's entry finished first in points, total First Place Votes, and in total votes received - and by a large margin in each category. Clearly, the people have spoken and they loved the idea and execution behind the Plaguebringer's Robes!

index.php

SECOND PLACE
WANDERING RONIN
by crowflux

View attachment 268425

The competition really started to heat up and was a LOT closer once you got past First Place. After the dust had settled, crowflux's mysterious, masterless samurai warrior stood tall in Second Place. This will be a unique addition indeed that Terrarians everywhere will look forward to proudly sporting as they battle the relentless foes in Terraria!

index.php

THIRD PLACE
TIMELESS TRAVELER
by DisRicardo

View attachment 268427

A popular fan prediction to come out on top, Timeless Traveler ultimately emerged from the space-time continuum in Third Place, edging out some very tough competition right on its heels. We still do not know what is peeking out from inside that robe, but we hope that knowing they will be making it into Terraria will keep their wrath at bay for the time being!

index.php

HONORABLE MENTION/BONUS WINNER
FLORET PROTECTOR
by yikescloud

View attachment 268428

Clearly, the Terraria Community went with a very clear theme when you look at our First and Third place winners - and while we did want to honor those selections, we felt that having a bit more diversity in what makes it into the game was the right way to go. So, as we told you on the livestream - we will do the Top 3 and beyond that, we will do what we want.

With that said, we are happy to share that we will be adding a Fourth winning entry to our list of champions and also adding this design into the game. It is our pleasure to reward our Fourth Place/Honorable Mention to the very cool and very "Terraria" Floret Protector.

(We seriously still want to know what is animating the dirt blocks in that suit... earthworms?)

index.php

DEVELOPER'S CHOICE
CAPRICORN
by R-MK

View attachment 268429

Once again, we did say we would do whatever we wanted outside of the Top 3... and so we decided that we would add a fifth winning entry. This one was based on a team vote based on the remaining entries... which narrowed us down to two that were in a dead heat. For the tiebreaker, we turned back to the fan vote, where one entry had a clear advantage over the other (finishing a full 9 slots ahead). Thus, the bright and vibrant entry from R-MK makes the final cut! We found this design to be quite unique, hearkening perhaps a bit to a Desert theme, but with a style all its own.

index.php

So, that's it - we left the toughest decisions out of a brutally hard whittling-down process to you, the fans, and your voices have been heard! We have been thrilled by the overwhelming response to this contest - both in terms of the quality and quantity of entries, the engagement and fun of the livestream finalist reveal, and the massive pile of votes you all submitted. We think this list of winners has a bit of something for everyone. Hopefully you will agree, even if your favorite didn't make the cut! The voting was VERY tight once you got past First Place - so each and every finalist should be holding their head very high right now. :)

Join us in celebrating the winners and looking forward to seeing these awesome designs make their way into the world of Terraria very soon!

We will be happy to answer questions and look forward to seeing your reaction to this worthy group of winners!

Greetings Terrarians!

We are but a few short weeks away from the launch of Journey's End! We know that all of you are just as excited as we are for the release of the fourth and final major content update for Terraria... but we also know that you are equally excited to find which fan-generated vanity sets will be making their way into the game.

After a journey of over 7,000 entries, 431 Semi-Finalists, 25 Finalists and then counting more than 143,000 votes from the Terraria community - we at long last know the winners of the Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Winners were selected via a points system, rewarding FIVE points for each First Place vote, THREE points for each Second Place vote, and ONE point for each Third Place vote.

If you did indeed present a winning entry, Loki will reach out to you on TCF PM to gather contact information so that we can handle the legalities and then go over the process of how your design will make it into Terraria!

We will present the Top 3 winners in the order that they finished in the fan vote - and then maybe share a few surprises at the end. So, without further ado, the envelope please!

index.php

FIRST PLACE
PLAGUEBRINGER'S ROBES
by SodaHunter

View attachment 268423

Far and away the top vote-getter, SodaHunter's entry finished first in points, total First Place Votes, and in total votes received - and by a large margin in each category. Clearly, the people have spoken and they loved the idea and execution behind the Plaguebringer's Robes!

index.php

SECOND PLACE
WANDERING RONIN
by crowflux

View attachment 268425

The competition really started to heat up and was a LOT closer once you got past First Place. After the dust had settled, crowflux's mysterious, masterless samurai warrior stood tall in Second Place. This will be a unique addition indeed that Terrarians everywhere will look forward to proudly sporting as they battle the relentless foes in Terraria!

index.php

THIRD PLACE
TIMELESS TRAVELER
by DisRicardo

View attachment 268427

A popular fan prediction to come out on top, Timeless Traveler ultimately emerged from the space-time continuum in Third Place, edging out some very tough competition right on its heels. We still do not know what is peeking out from inside that robe, but we hope that knowing they will be making it into Terraria will keep their wrath at bay for the time being!

index.php

HONORABLE MENTION/BONUS WINNER
FLORET PROTECTOR
by yikescloud

View attachment 268428

Clearly, the Terraria Community went with a very clear theme when you look at our First and Third place winners - and while we did want to honor those selections, we felt that having a bit more diversity in what makes it into the game was the right way to go. So, as we told you on the livestream - we will do the Top 3 and beyond that, we will do what we want.

With that said, we are happy to share that we will be adding a Fourth winning entry to our list of champions and also adding this design into the game. It is our pleasure to reward our Fourth Place/Honorable Mention to the very cool and very "Terraria" Floret Protector.

(We seriously still want to know what is animating the dirt blocks in that suit... earthworms?)

index.php

DEVELOPER'S CHOICE
CAPRICORN
by R-MK

View attachment 268429

Once again, we did say we would do whatever we wanted outside of the Top 3... and so we decided that we would add a fifth winning entry. This one was based on a team vote based on the remaining entries... which narrowed us down to two that were in a dead heat. For the tiebreaker, we turned back to the fan vote, where one entry had a clear advantage over the other (finishing a full 9 slots ahead). Thus, the bright and vibrant entry from R-MK makes the final cut! We found this design to be quite unique, hearkening perhaps a bit to a Desert theme, but with a style all its own.

index.php

So, that's it - we left the toughest decisions out of a brutally hard whittling-down process to you, the fans, and your voices have been heard! We have been thrilled by the overwhelming response to this contest - both in terms of the quality and quantity of entries, the engagement and fun of the livestream finalist reveal, and the massive pile of votes you all submitted. We think this list of winners has a bit of something for everyone. Hopefully you will agree, even if your favorite didn't make the cut! The voting was VERY tight once you got past First Place - so each and every finalist should be holding their head very high right now. :)

Join us in celebrating the winners and looking forward to seeing these awesome designs make their way into the world of Terraria very soon!

We will be happy to answer questions and look forward to seeing your reaction to this worthy group of winners!
Looking at all of these made me so that i had no chance lol. These look so great!

Back
Top Bottom