Terraria: Journey's End Vanity Contest Winners!

Ouch. I kinda feel bad for voting for both Plaguebringer and Timeless Traveller now...
3 of the 5 entries making it in all having a similar theme of "animal skull head" is a bit sad...
I mean, it's better than 2 of 3 entries, but... Hm.

Honestly, I feel like even 5 entries is far too few. I understand that implementing these won't be as simple as grabbing the few sprites that were made and plopping them ingame, but with the sheer number and quality of entries I feel like 10, heck, even 20 would have been a better number to add- after all, you can never have too many cosmetic choices!

I really do hope someone can put together a mod containing many of the other contenders... All the finalists at the least. If I had the pixel art skills to do the missing frames needed, I'd do it myself after getting permission, but alas...

Oh, cool, I forgot that they were putting multiple in! I guess it makes sense that two darker entries got in (not to discredit them), but I liked silly. TV Head will be missed, but Wandering Ronin deserved a spot, and I feel like everyone had a hard time deciding whether or not to vote for Floret Protector, so I'm happy enough with this.

Wandering Trevelling seemed like it had the most potential for custom costumes, but the fact that we're getting 5 interesting costumes works for me.

Good choices there. Only one of the entries I voted for made it in. But they were all great to begin with.

Hello Colegas.
Congratulations to everyone who put effort in their entry even if you didn't make to the finalist, i saw every entry in this contest (took me like 4-6hrs) and there were some incredible ones that need some recongnitions ( i saved like 43 entries that i really enjoy that im planing to share later with all of you that are interested).

Thank you devs for this oportunity to let us be part of the game we love, and thank you for the honesty and the democratic way to make sure that we recieve, us, the community exactly what we asked for.

This is the best result posible, because was the community who spoke, and was the result most people wanted, so don't be sad for the vanitys that didn't make it because the point was to make happy the most of us, we all know that devs can't add every entry and make happy everyone that's just imposible remember this is a Gift for us, and like the proverb says here where im from "A caballo regalado no se le ve el diente" that traslated says "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" so, be thankful no matter what.
Also Im pretty sure devs are working on new features that will make every one happy once and for all, maybe steamworkshop idk is not clear yet, but even that we still have mods and very talented modders.

Congratulation to the winners! you did it, you deserve that honor.

now me...
i did my best, and i like what i did, i was selfish and i was thinking on me when i did this and not the Terraria Community, i learned a really valuable lesson next time if i want to win a contest, i'll do my research, i'll look for the most common profile and give exactly what the most people want.
I learned a lot about this community. and i listed a lot of things, if i had known this i would definitely have changed my design to be more appealing and more easy to understand and change a lot of my mistakes.
I mean im aplaying this only in contest, so i will keep drawing what i want, so this wont't change who i am as an artist.
so yeah thanks for reading and cya.
sry for the bad english.

P.S.
i don't pretend to be mean or anything so don't thing other wise, im not being sarcastic or anything like it. is kinda hard to me to express myself because im weird and english isn't my mother lenguage.

i did my best, and i like what i did, i was selfish and i was thinking on me when i did this and not the Terraria Community, i learned a really valuable lesson next time if i want to win a contest, i'll do my research, i'll look for the most common profile and give exactly what the most people want.
I learned a lot about this community. and i listed a lot of things, if i had known this i would definitely have changed my design to be more appealing and more easy to understand and change a lot of my mistakes.
I mean im aplaying this only in contest, so i will keep drawing what i want, so this wont't change who i am as an artist.

I would encourage you to rework the sprite you made in a little different style so you can call it completely your own and try to make a game of your own using it. I would play it. I hoped your design would be one of the winners.

Honestly you could make several catalogues worth of amazing entries even without any of the finalists; the entries were just that good all the way through. I'm continually amazed by the brilliant content this community puts out for an equally brilliant game, and even if I didn't get very far, I'm so happy to have been a part of it.

All of those entries were pretty great. Honestly the Idea of a goat warrior hacking away at goofy monsters gave me a little chuckle.

Yooo the cute Capricorn one made it in! I didn't know I wanted something like that in the game until I saw it, but after I saw it that was pretty much the only thing I wanted in the game after that point, heh. The fact that we get 5 sets instead of just 3 is also awesome, I already see lots of potential in swapping vanity pieces between all 5 of these sets to create cool new looks.
Had a lot of fun this whole competition, learnt a lot and congratulations to everyone who even got to the finals in the first place. 25 out of 7000 is nothing to scoff at.

I made a little something for all of the love and support from the community, so thank you! <3 :pinky:

thanks.png

Hello Colegas.
Congratulations to everyone who put effort in their entry even if you didn't make to the finalist, i saw every entry in this contest (took me like 4-6hrs) and there were some incredible ones that need some recongnitions ( i saved like 43 entries that i really enjoy that im planing to share later with all of you that are interested).

Thank you devs for this oportunity to let us be part of the game we love, and thank you for the honesty and the democratic way to make sure that we recieve, us, the community exactly what we asked for.

This is the best result posible, because was the community who spoke, and was the result most people wanted, so don't be sad for the vanitys that didn't make it because the point was to make happy the most of us, we all know that devs can't add every entry and make happy everyone that's just imposible remember this is a Gift for us, and like the proverb says here where im from "A caballo regalado no se le ve el diente" that traslated says "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" so, be thankful no matter what.
Also Im pretty sure devs are working on new features that will make every one happy once and for all, maybe steamworkshop idk is not clear yet, but even that we still have mods and very talented modders.

Congratulation to the winners! you did it, you deserve that honor.

now me...
sry for the bad english.

P.S.
i don't pretend to be mean or anything so don't thing other wise, im not being sarcastic or anything like it. is kinda hard to me to express myself because im weird and english isn't my mother lenguage.

No me esperaba que fueras español o latino americano (no lo sé xD) pero realmente como tú mismo has dicho tienes que diseñar lo que a ti te guste e ir mejorando, no es cuestión de que seas egoísta, yo al fin y al cabo he hecho lo mismo con mi diseño y lo he disfrutado aunque no se entendiera el concepto a menos que pusiera la historia.

No te preocupes, has conseguido acabar entre 25 finalistas de 7000 personas, puedes estar orgulloso. :happy:

There were so many good entries! Sadly, none of the ones I voted for got in, but good job anyways to all of the participants! This makes me wish I at least tried to enter, haha.

Back
Top Bottom