Terraria: Journey's End Vanity Contest Winners!

I see where you're coming from. A lot of my friends have said that they would have preferred only one of the two make it in however the popularity vote cannot be changed. Lets all appreciate two things; 1. both sets are unique in their own ways and will be very useful IG and 2. Re-Logic was kind enough to give us another two winners to make the lineup more diverse.
The only thing I like about either of them is the flames, which would probably be a vanity accessory

I see where you're coming from. A lot of my friends have said that they would have preferred only one of the two make it in however the popularity vote cannot be changed. Lets all appreciate two things; 1. both sets are unique in their own ways and will be very useful IG and 2. Re-Logic was kind enough to give us another two winners to make the lineup more diverse.
I wish they could do a vote for your favorite of the two to win, because they are VERY similar
-they both have flames
-they both have goat heads
I feel very little separates them, I like the colors on the plaguebringer and I like the mystery on the timeless traveler, but that's really the only difference

It's already been said they don't care. People have expressed that same worry, but it's been said that it's just fine.
It's a silly thing to worry about, honestly. pr0n makes the dough, yo, and if it's what you like drawing, then there's no reason it should pigeonhole you either. Art's about drawing what you like.
Oh they did?! Interesting. Well I know it's silly and don't know why it's bothering me that much, but I just don't really like p0rn art...yeah.

I wish they could do a vote for your favorite of the two to win, because they are VERY similar
-they both have flames
-they both have goat heads
I feel very little separates them, I like the colors on the plaguebringer and I like the mystery on the timeless traveler, but that's really the only difference

I just want to clarify the topic of "goat skull". I understand why some people associated mine as with goat skull, and I dont mind. In reality it was meant to be an antelope skull, as usually goat horns are curved downwards. Regardless, its not a big issue for people to call it a goat head.

Now, on the other hand, please stop calling Timeless Traveler a goat head. TT has a bird skull, which is quite different. And yeah, it might have floating antlers, but that doesnt change the fact that it is far from a goat head.

Both entries have their similarities, but they are also quite different in their own ways. That's why them both got selected as finalists after all. Otherwise, only one would have made it. I know I wont be able to change your opinion, and I respect that. However, they won the popular vote fair and square. The devs also acknowledged the similarities and added two more entries that introduce more diversity to the pool of vanities that will make it in-game. So if you aren't a fan of them both that's fine, you still have many alternatives! Nobody will force you to use them after all ;)

Last edited:
Feel like opportunities were missed by the community, I get that people voted for the winners (and kudos to the winners btw) but I feel very underwhelmed by the top 5. :sigh:

Then again, none of the ones I voted for made it into the top 5 so that's probably the reason why I feel that way. The best one IMO outta the 5 is The Timeless Traveler (and is honestly great).

Shame that Magic Grill Megashark didn't make it in. Or Cyber Angel. Or Dragon Empress... I pray that a modder with decent skills in pixel art makes a mod to add the other top 25 into the game. That would be amazing.

Please for the love of the Dryad someone add the others via a mod. I'm begging you. PLEASE!

The journey ahead is rough but soon enough in another timeline (Mods), we can see the other characters/vanity there...…. but other than that...

take a custom emoticon to show my gratefulness and determination to encourage people to make a mod adding the losing finalist
Cute Obsidian emoticon.png
(might look awkward but its because Obsidian doesn't have his shield up plus its a big custom emoticon)

Thanks for selecting a honorary entry and a dev pick too. Ronin, Floral Protector and Capricorn were the ones I voted for as they were all unique and creative, each in different ways. Happy to see all 3 of them made the cut.

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to everyone who participated. These will make great additions to Terraria, and they were chosen by the community at large, and it's nice to see most of the comments tend toward the positive side.

------------

This part is a notice to everyone moving forward, and it applies to every section of this forum.

Throughout the years, this community has been blessed with many terrific artists who have shared their love of Terraria with us. Many of those artists are talented enough and respected enough that they can take commissions for specific artwork, and a few even work full-time as artists. Most of them use DeviantArt or other sites as the main platform for this work, and some of it is of a mature or explicit nature. As long as they aren't posting/advertising it here, we don't care.

If you - as an individual - are disappointed in some or all of the winners, that's understandable. I didn't vote for all of the winners either - that's the nature of contests. It is also fine to express that disappointment in a civil and respectful manner. The decisions have been made now, and it's a done deal at this point. Re-Logic outlined at the start how this contest was going to be handled, and that's exactly how it was handled.

However, a very few of you are not being respectful, and there has been some attempts at public shaming of one or more of the artists and their work. This goes far beyond what is acceptable here. It is nothing less than slander and it will not be tolerated. You may feel you have a right to voice your extreme biases about certain aspects of artwork you don't like, but you also bear the responsibility of upholding the rules of conduct for this forum. Also, publicly posting links to explicit images has always been and remains punishable by swift and permanent ejection from this forum - it is not even up for discussion. Being "new" here is not an excuse to break our most basic rules.

Every one of the 25 finalists were chosen by Re-Logic, and they were willing to include any of them into their game. Not one of the 25 submission was inappropriate in any way, and each submission stands on its own. To imply now that one or more of them are unacceptable by some tenuous association to other work is not worth discussion.

As I said - the vast majority of you are making reasonable and generous comments, and I applaud that. Please continue to do so. But a small number of you need to learn to check your hate and biases at the door when you come here, or you'll find yourselves on the other side of said door.

Cobalt hat +

what does that even mean. Also why voted for ronin? It’s super simplistic and can be imitated in game easily.

I wish you wouldn't be so disrespectful to the winners. You may not like them personally, but all 25 of these finalists had interesting ideas IMO. And clearly people wanted these outfits to enjoy in game, so at a certain point, you just have to let the people have their choice.

There's no way everyone would have been satisfied here. Even if we added all 25 finalists to the game, someone would come up with an entry from the original 7000 entries that they had wanted to see instead. We were never going to be able to please every single interest, and we added 2 additional winners specifically to help diversify the winners a bit. Short of disqualifying the actual winners (which is certainly an unethical quandary), I don't see any other solution at this point.

So please . . . try to be a little more considerate of people who put a lot of effort into this contest. :)

I honestly wasn’t attempting to be disrespectful with that one. Yeah yesterday I was being a bit of a tart but I was just saying a point with that one. You can imitate the Ronin set with already in game cosmetics. I do want to know why these sets won (other than the obvious; they got voted for) I mean in that I want to understand why they are the most liked. I feel like if I can appreciate why these designs won I can appreciate them more.

I honestly wasn’t attempting to be disrespectful with that one. Yeah yesterday I was being a bit of a tart but I was just saying a point with that one. You can imitate the Ronin set with already in game cosmetics. I do want to know why these sets won (other than the obvious; they got voted for) I mean in that I want to understand why they are the most liked. I feel like if I can appreciate why these designs won I can appreciate them more.

Personally? Plaguebringer was one of MY top picks, I love sorcerer type outfits, and I prefer a dark color scheme (if my dev set wasn't obvious enough). I could easily see myself using it, and it probably would have been one of my favorites.

Asking "why do people like what I don't like" could go the same way in any direction, I could ask why you like the ones you voted for, and its basically going to boil down to "It would be enjoyable for me to use and it adds something to the game for me". I think that's how people feel about these sets.

I don't think you can replicate these sets with in-game content. I think maybe you could approximate some elements, but it wouldn't be the same. Not in my opinion, anyway.

yeah i am not happy about the second place winner...
an outfit won that you can make already in the game?
weren't the dev's actually looking for something

"unique"?
Capture_2020-04-29_03_04_11.png

"something we dont have in the game yet"?
unknown.png

all vanilla items.
for my part i think its a
waste of a winner for the "last ever" update if you can pretty much make it in game already...
i saw so many good things in the contest stuff you could use and blend together to make actually unique outfits with.

you like the fireflies?
good i like them too<3, i would make them a vanity accessory, i could already count three applications for that..

-first one just add it to this outfit done you got the secound winner of the contest
-secound color them blue or green you have a cosplay for monster hunter
-third color it red or orange or better use the living flame dye to get "Emberd" like in dark souls 3

but for my part agian i dont think it really deserve the seond place or even to be on the list overall as a whole outfit...:sigh:

sorry for the ranting and my english i am still happy that ppl got what they wanted. i wish all of you a good jump into journey's end i will love it i am sure of that and i hope you guys will too.

Personally? Plaguebringer was one of MY top picks, I love sorcerer type outfits, and I prefer a dark color scheme (if my dev set wasn't obvious enough). I could easily see myself using it, and it probably would have been one of my favorites.

Asking "why do people like what I don't like" could go the same way in any direction, I could ask why you like the ones you voted for, and its basically going to boil down to "It would be enjoyable for me to use and it adds something to the game for me". I think that's how people feel about these sets.

I don't think you can replicate these sets with in-game content. I think maybe you could approximate some elements, but it wouldn't be the same. Not in my opinion, anyway.
I’m not going to try and argue my opinion as it was 1. Pointless 2. Overly hostile 3. Childish 4. I feel awful for attacking artists as I promised myself I’d never do that. As I know getting criticized about something you love hurts hurts a lot. I was a snide childish :red: at when the winners were announced. and I want to apologize for being so.

I think you can trust that our artists will make a concerted effort to optimize the distinction and uniqueness of the winning entries.

This was the community's choice, and we fully intend to honor that and represent it well.

Back
Top Bottom