tModLoader Terraria: Kryuger Collision - Terrarian Girls' Frontline Mod - Help Wanted

Which weapons from the game do you want to see in the mod?

• Total voters

leafsaber47

The Destroyer
TxGFLMod.png

"Two worlds collide as man, beast, and machine fight to the death. New mechanical threats await the citizens of Terraria as coalitions far greater than the Mechanical Bosses enter through ripples in time and space. The Arms Dealer and Mechanic however, found a way to combat this threat with special help. Will you be the one to quell this post-apocalyptic clash of tragic proportions?"

Inspired by a previous Girls' Frontline mod on the Mod Browser, Mo' Guns, and Modern Firearms, this mod attempts to add dozens of Girls' Frontline content to Terraria mainly in the form of an wave-based invasion event similar to the Frost Moon, Pumpkin Moon, and Old One's Army. Expect weapons from all 4 main classes; and expect tons of guns for rangers!

Important goals:
2 new Town NPCs - Helian and a Sangvis Ferri Ringleader known simply as Architect
An invasion event of wave after wave of Girls' Frontline foes, evolving twice after Plantera then Martian Madness
Ranged weapons from many T-Doll firearms - crafted with cores or dropped by enemies while having a special item
Ringleaders ranging from blade-wielding Executioner to pint-sized Judge during the invasion event
Extra weapons for different classes - CZ75's tomahawk is available for Melee players!
2 fiendish endgame bosses - we shouldn't really spoil who they are!
IDW - is it really the cat's meow?
IDW.png

A Green rarity sub-machine gun crafted post-Skeletron, this weird gun sports inaccurate, fast shots. Musket balls turn into Kitty Shots, which hearken to the Meowmere. Don't be fooled by the Kitty Shots, these arcing bullets actually pierce more enemies than Meteor Shots!
10 ranged damage - Very fast speed - No knockback - 4% critical hit rate
F1 - Polite, efficient, and able to kill any enemy you meet!
F1.png

This Light Red rarity sub-machine gun is weird, but don't let that down under design take you for granted! It's the ranged version of the Golden Shower, turning Musket Balls into Ichor Bullets! That 20 defense drop will help defeat tougher armored foes like Paladins and the Sangvis Ferri enemies Aegis and Manticore!
20 ranged damage - Very fast speed - No knockback - 4% critical hit rate
KS-23 - Megashark's distant cousin
KS23.png

This Pink rarity shotgun is slow but fires a spread of 5 bullets. This burly weapon comes from a T-Doll who's sharp teeth will make sharks in the Ocean biome bow down to her might! Just like the Megashark, it comes with a rather nifty 50% chance not to consume ammo, which many other shotguns don't care about to use!
26 ranged damage - Extremely slow speed - Very strong knockback - 4% critical hit rate
SAA - Pass the whisk—er... cola!
SAA.png

This Pink rarity handgun is the purported Revolver upgrade, with the added use of autofire and quite a heavy amount of damage per shot! Be warned, autofire can make the gun be quite inaccurate. Hopefully, the inner cowboy in you can win that showdown at high noon!
58 ranged damage - Very fast speed - Very weak knockback - 10% critical hit rate
Ribeyrolles - A cute assault rifle with an acute sickness
Ribeyrolles.png

This Light Purple rarity assault rifle is crafted with Crimson materials, fit for the blood bag the weapon's holder always carries for life support! It may lack in damage output, at first, because the three round burst won't fire its third bullet... unless you happen to be at half life or lower. Combined with the Frozen Turtle Shell (how ironic the accessory's from the tundra biome) this can make for an interesting strategy!
40 ranged damage - Very fast speed - No knockback - 4% critical hit rate

0.7.1 (Alpha)
- updated to tModLoader v2022.9.47.82
- Simplfied Chinese translation now up to v0.7.0 content including event boss dialogue
0.7.0 (Alpha)
- updated to tModLoader v2022.9.47.48
- added two new melee weapons and two new ranged weapons
- Mini-Nuke support for launchers
- two new event bosses in the Butterfly Skirmish
0.6.3 (Alpha)
- updated to tModLoader v2022.9.47.46
- actually fixed Butterfly Skirmish not working in multiplayer
- added another new enemy
- added a new magic weapon, and some new T-Doll guns, including a Digimind upgrade
0.6.2 (Alpha)
- updated to tModLoader v2022.9.47.30
- fixed Butterfly Skirmish not working in multiplayer
- fixed issues related to Rescue Fairy Charm drops
- added a couple new T-Doll guns and a new melee weapon
- one new enemy and one new wing
0.6.1 (Alpha)
- updated to tModLoader v2022.9.47.17
- some bug fixes and other random tweaks
- vanilla NPCs now have full immunity to various debuffs, both originally player-only debuffs and modded debuffs
- two new items for Thorium compatibility
- one new enemy
0.6 (Alpha)
- updated to tModLoader v2022.9.47.16
- added the first 4 waves of the Butterfly Skirmish
- such non-boss mooks in those waves are now only spawnable thorough the event (for now)
- a few new furniture items
- another frickin' whip
0.5.0.1 (Alpha)
- we're back on an older version of tModLoader
- bug fixes for Helian's dialogue regarding Cyborg/Zoologist
- sneaky furniture item additions
0.5.0 (Alpha)
- jesus christ that's a lot of new enemies
- loot bags for furniture, as complement to the tile count doubling bc of new furniture
- new weapons, including a post-Moon Lord minion
- finally some Simplfied Chinese localisation support
- bug fixes I guess
- and more stuff I'm not bothering to document here
0.4.1.1 (Alpha)
- Item drop fixes cross the board - hopefully the mod's item drops, from vanilla or modded enemies, work in multiplayer again
0.4.1 (Alpha)
- Finally with localization support
- Fixed a few bugs including post-Moon Lord Spider Staff upgrade having no minion slot reqs
- Tweaked damage values of various weapons, mostly for rifles
0.4.0.1 (Alpha)
- very minor hotfix for Workshop folks
0.4.0 (Alpha)
- obligatory mention of getting content to Terraria version 1.4.3.6 kek
- Launchers now support Cluster Rocket I/II
- Shortswords now act like their 1.4 brethren
- Eight new weapons, two for each Terraria class
- Item drop overhaul for, like, almost every existing drop in the mod
- Bestiary support for the smidge amount of enemies in the mod atm
- Helian now have set town happiness values
0.3.2 (Alpha)
- New weapons from the Melee and Ranged size
- Small tweaks to existing weapons
- and miscellaneous other tweaks and fixes idk
0.3.1.1 (Alpha)
- Now loads correctly with Stars Above's first true major release
- Reduces visual footprints of various endgame weapons
0.3.1 (Alpha)
- Two new weapons - Groza and a very fun magic weapon to use post-Plantera
- Tweaked enemy coin drops
- Probably some squashed bugs too
0.3 (Alpha)
- Several new weapons once again
- Tweaks to most machine gun weapons, slightly weaker overall
- A new enemy
- some other stuff i guess lol
0.2.9 (Alpha)
- Several new weapons, with some melee and magic weapon stragglers
- Updated gun type insignias to address weapons added from this update and previous ones
- Some more new things too I guess
0.2.8 (Alpha)
- Two new items, another furniture item and StG-940 as tribute to her late artist
- Compatibility with The Stars Above by Paper Luigi
0.2.7 (Alpha)
- Couple new weapons
- Finally made sure Helian wasn't too generous with Anti-Rain Cores in multiplayer
- Fairy Rescue Charm tweak alowing it to be potentially used in multiplayer as well
0.2.6 (Alpha)
- Random bug fixes
- New weapons and drops
- Slight nerfs to machine guns
0.2.5.2 (Alpha)
- Attempted to fix Helian's Anti-Rain Core message
0.2.5.1 (Alpha)
- Fixed issues with Helian and the Anti-Rain Core
- Added G36 and others
0.2.5 (Alpha)
- Added Goliath
- Several new items and weapons
0.2.4 (Alpha)
- Added Dinergate
- New items and weapons
- 1 new accessory for Summoners
0.2.3 (Alpha)
- Added some new weapons and other items
- Fixed various issues and such
- Buffed many weapons
0.2.2.1 (Alpha)
- Attempt to fix a issue where Helian was too generous with players on Anti-Rain Cores
- Fixed DP-28's recipe requiring a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil
0.2.2 (Alpha)
- Several items including a wing added
- Numerous unique weapon effects come with some of them
0.2.1.2 (Alpha)
- Hotfix for Mod Browser issues
0.2.1.1 (Alpha)
- Hotfix for mod icon mostly
0.2.1 (Alpha)
- First public release

Currently, development is slow due to the current lack of content, but Girls' Frontline & Terraria players who can sprite/code can apply to help develop this fledgling mod! Help is especially wanted to code enemies and Town NPCs since I'm not really good at those! Privately message me at @leafsaber47 for details!

Discord server: Join the Terraria: Kryuger Collision (Girls' Frontline Mod) Discord Server!

Special Thanks:
@Redigit and Re-Logic - for Terraria, a sandbox game about the resurrection of Cthulhu
Mica Team and Sunborn - for Girls' Frontline, the strategy game where war seems to never change
@Lithium - for allowing me to use the Litho's Armory mod's source code
@W1K and @connery0 - for various amounts of developmental outside help
@PaperLuigi - for allowing mod compatibility support for the Stars Above mod
@DivermanSam - or letting me give the Cyan Phasesaber and Pink Phasesaber Polarized Phasesaber upgrades
@Hallam_9K, @GabeHasWon - miscellaneous non-item related coding help (former is from the Mod of Redemption theme, latter is from the Spirit mod dev team)
Padoru on Discord - for humanoid NPC spritework that I can't seem to be able to do

icon.png

Most recent release - 0.7.1 - tModLoader v2022.9.47.46 - Terraria v1.4.3.6
can be directly downloaded via Mod Browser, via google drive link, or subscription to its Steam Workshop page
Latest v1.3.5.3 version - 0.3.2 - tModLoader v0.11.8.8 - Terraria v1.3.5.3
can be directly downloaded via Mod Browser or via google drive link

Check out leafsaber47's other mod - Dictionary of Prefixes

Last edited:
This just kinda came out of nowhere and now I just kind of want it to be a thing.

I can imagine coming up with magic weapons for this is going to be a nightmare unless you already have some good ideas. Pretty much every class that's not ranged is going to make this difficult really. I actually wouldn't mind this having different gears to buff weapon categories rather than weapon classes (say, HG, AR, RF and so on). Might make the ranged-centered gameplay more interesting.

Also we need architect's core as an item so I can build the girl a proper basement.

Slow development ahead thanks to me not being ready to even do anything about NPCs and enemies without help from others. Anyways, here's a weapon teaser.

SPAS-12 - I eat, Shikikan; it's what I do
SPAS12.png

A Lime rarity shotgun that fires a spread of six bullets. Despite its color scheme, it's not exclusive to Crimson worlds and uses Souls of Might and Fright to craft. It's starving for battle, and gets a little stronger whenever its hunger is satisfied with food, improving its damage slightly when the user has the Well Fed buff active. It's more than you think, however, it doesn't have maximum pink.
25 ranged damage - Very slow speed - Average knockback - 4% critical hit rate

Last edited:
Mmm... still anyone here?
Well, if may suggest (I ask because I dont identify myself as a girl) you could add all those weapons you wrote in the voting (rfls pls) and then adding sorta weapon dealer NPC who is a girl and sells Girl Ammo, with Girl Mods to add to the already existent weapons such as Silencer, Mega Scope or something like it, and also talks to you giving to the NPC a important part in the history, showing you the last of the events.
You could also do a Magic Menu in wich you can add functions that enpower your gamestyle like Skills, Level or Weapon Prowess. In fact, as a one gender Mod, you have limitless options since you dont have to worry about the Other Ones and you could release all your imagination inside it.

BTW, if you want some lore, ideas, other kinds of suggestions, just let me know.

This is an interesting work-in-progress mod. As a Girls' Frontline player or rather, Commander, I honestly can't wait to see how this mod would work out. Hope you get some help from people because I would very much love to see this mod in Terraria.

Well, if may suggest (I ask because I dont identify myself as a girl) you could add all those weapons you wrote in the voting (rfls pls) and then adding sorta weapon dealer NPC who is a girl and sells Girl Ammo, with Girl Mods to add to the already existent weapons such as Silencer, Mega Scope or something like it, and also talks to you giving to the NPC a important part in the history, showing you the last of the events.
You could also do a Magic Menu in wich you can add functions that enpower your gamestyle like Skills, Level or Weapon Prowess. In fact, as a one gender Mod, you have limitless options since you dont have to worry about the Other Ones and you could release all your imagination inside it.

BTW, if you want some lore, ideas, other kinds of suggestions, just let me know.

Hate to break it to you, but there's a reason it's called "Girl's Frontline". It's a turn-based gacha game developed by Mica Team about futuristic military androids we call "tactical dolls" or T-Dolls for short. Basically they look like cute moe girls with modern-day firearms but you also can say they're anthropomorphized firearms. GFL has an interesting lore that's too long for me to talk about here, not to mention despite the cute appearances of the T-Dolls, GFL's story is quite dark.

Also, I think this mod would be more ranger class-focused considering firearms.

Hate to break it to you, but there's a reason it's called "Girl's Frontline". It's a turn-based gacha game developed by Mica Team about futuristic military androids we call "tactical dolls" or T-Dolls for short. Basically they look like cute moe girls with modern-day firearms but you also can say they're anthropomorphized firearms. GFL has an interesting lore that's too long for me to talk about here, not to mention despite the cute appearances of the T-Dolls, GFL's story is quite dark.

Honestly agree with LonelyGrayWolfie, you probably misconstrued the mod's content.

Anyways, fun to see more GFL fans interested in the mod. Helian will fill the purpose of a sort of weapon dealer giving you the cores to craft guns.

I also know how dark GFL is story-wise. I would put its story edginess a bit higher than Calamity's story; notwithstanding the part that compatibility with that mod is a longshot.

Now that I see
This is an interesting work-in-progress mod. As a Girls' Frontline player or rather, Commander, I honestly can't wait to see how this mod would work out. Hope you get some help from people because I would very much love to see this mod in Terraria.

Also, I think this mod would be more ranger class-focused considering firearms.
If you had time to get know all things you've said, you also could compenhend the lack of knowledge that I have respect those Mods. I apologize for that and for posting here without knowing the first, but I still believe you should act in counsequence and dont overrun a man's brain like that.
I only suggested lore because if this is a separated mod (maybe I'm wrong again) it could have a spin-off lore or something like it. Besides that, outside the forum I earn my life as a Indie Games Storyboard and Guidelines Writer, a.k.a uncopyrighted writers, so if I get inspired by this titles its just part of my nature.
Also, anyone who has done the GFL original Mod, that has done such a great lore, I daresay that wouldn't bother if someone does a spin-off history like you did (or maybe I misconstructed this again)
Honestly agree with LonelyGrayWolfie, you probably misconstrued the mod's content.

Anyways, fun to see more GFL fans interested in the mod. Helian will fill the purpose of a sort of weapon dealer giving you the cores to craft guns.

I also know how dark GFL is story-wise. I would put its story edginess a bit higher than Calamity's story; notwithstanding the part that compatibility with that mod is a longshot.
Nevermind what I said. If I gather the courage to post here again ( I'm joking) you bet your hide that will be for a new mechanic or new ideas.

Reactions: Edz
Now that I see

If you had time to get know all things you've said, you also could compenhend the lack of knowledge that I have respect those Mods. I apologize for that and for posting here without knowing the first, but I still believe you should act in counsequence and dont overrun a man's brain like that.
I only suggested lore because if this is a separated mod (maybe I'm wrong again) it could have a spin-off lore or something like it. Besides that, outside the forum I earn my life as a Indie Games Storyboard and Guidelines Writer, a.k.a uncopyrighted writers, so if I get inspired by this titles its just part of my nature.
Also, anyone who has done the GFL original Mod, that has done such a great lore, I daresay that wouldn't bother if someone does a spin-off history like you did (or maybe I misconstructed this again)

Nevermind what I said. If I gather the courage to post here again ( I'm joking) you bet your hide that will be for a new mechanic or new ideas.

No no no. I didn't meant to be aggressive there. I'm sorry if my post seems to be a bit threatening to you but I did not meant it to be that way. I may have gone off the track there. Anyways, the NPC you suggested, I have no problems about. I admit I do agree with the "Girl mods" you said considering Equipments in GFL exists such as night-vision lasers, scopes, and ammunition types for the T-Dolls but I do want to have it called Equipments than "Girl mods"

Again, I apologize if I'm being too aggressive. I don't really want to start any unnecessary fights here. Sorry!

I'm still confused about what Alexius is saying in their posts, but let's leave things as is since I'm just even more confused about whether or not the terms given are accurate.

Anyways, about the "girl ammo" that'd better be named as "equipment" instead:

I tried to do Buckshots one time but scrapped them because the way critical strikes are programmed makes it hard to accurately change the 2x damage boost to 3x.

Last edited:
I'm still confused about what Alexius is saying in their posts, but let's leave things as is since I'm just even more confused about whether or not the terms given are accurate.

Anyways, about the "girl ammo" that'd better be named as "equipment" instead:

I tried to do Buckshots one time but scrapped them because the way critical strikes are programmed makes it hard to accurately change the 2x damage boost to 3x.
I believe that I reffered to those Buckshots (ammunition) and other kinds of shots like... any other specially modified ammunition. I'm ignorant about if the T-Dolls' Mod has that kind of things so I'll suggest my own right ahead.

I believe that I reffered to those Buckshots (ammunition) and other kinds of shots like... any other specially modified ammunition. I'm ignorant about if the T-Dolls' Mod has that kind of things so I'll suggest my own right ahead.
Not sure if I'm taking suggestions right now. However, I still can see you have trouble with GFL terminology. Sorry if this sounds a bit mean.

You should be able to easily achieve x3 criticals by hooking into a method related to dealing damage and increasing the damage by 50% when the hit is a critical.

For example
C#:
ModifyHitNPC (NPC target, ref int damage, ref float knockback, ref bool crit, ref int hitDirection)
{
    if (crit) damage = (int)Math.round(damage*1.5f);
}

Assuming you are making the slugs their own ammo item (and therefore their own projectile), you would want this to run into the projectile's code itself.
There are other ways to do it, personally I have made a weapon that specifically deals triple damage on crits, and the way I went about it was running a global code that checks whenever the player deals damage with a projectile while holding that specific weapon, and bumping up damage accordingly when necessary. If your slugs are an accessory instead, you might need to go about it the same way.

The only problem you might have with this approach is in case you have other sources of "crit damage boosting", in absence of other sources of critical damage buffs, that 50% damage should accurately translate to x3 criticals as you are simply adding the remaining x1. If you have two different sources doing the exact same thing, and say, adding 50% twice, the first 50% will bring the critical damage to x3, the second will bump it up to x4.5 which is a weird number to say the least.

The true reason I dropped Buckshots is because the 3x damage on critical is not very accurate when dealing crits to enemies with defense. Testing on Chaos Elementals and Possessed Armors gave crits slightly higher than 3x the damage of a normal hit. When using Buckshots on the Dungeon Guardian, the ammo did 2 damage on crits instead of 3.

The true reason I dropped Buckshots is because the 3x damage on critical is not very accurate when dealing crits to enemies with defense. Testing on Chaos Elementals and Possessed Armors gave crits slightly higher than 3x the damage of a normal hit. When using Buckshots on the Dungeon Guardian, the ammo did 2 damage on crits instead of 3.
Fair point actually. May I ask how you went about getting that 3x damage?
There should be ways we can mess around the damage math to simulate an actual crit, such as reapplying the target's defense against the dealt damage.

Fair point actually. May I ask how you went about getting that 3x damage?
The C# code you posted earlier seems to be a quite similar method to one I tried to use initially.
No idea why tModloader handles crit damage in the way that getting critical hits to have a damage increase that is not 2x seems super difficult.

The C# code you posted earlier seems to be a quite similar method to one I tried to use initially.
No idea why tModloader handles crit damage in the way that getting critical hits to have a damage increase that is not 2x seems super difficult.
Mainly because the 2x is very hardcoded. You can sort of play the system by affecting how and when certain numbers are applied albeit it can lead to some :red:ery when other mods that do similar things enter the mix.

So the main issue with fixing this is the order of the math. We are applying 50% damage before defense is accounted for. That means the values are gonna be off because not only we are not accounting for the fact defense must apply 3 times rather than 2, the number is also doubled ahead of time and bigger than it should be.

With some math and the help of some friends, we came up with an equation that gets us the exact number we need to set the actual damage to, so to end up with the exact amount of damage we would be getting from a x3 crit. The explanation is kind of complicated so I'll start with the code.
C#:
float magicModifier = (3 * damage - (target.defense / 2))/(2 * damage);
damage *= magicModifier;

For a very rough and simple explanation of what's going on, we started trying to get the formula behind the exact damage value we want
Code:
(damage - defense/2) * 3
This is how we WANT the crit to work.
Then based on the values we can play with, we made our own formula
Code:
((damage * X) - defense/2) * 2
This is based on the math we were originally using in the previus code I linked, but we changed the 50% into X.
We then compared the two and made it into an equation
Code:
((damage * X) - defense/2) * 2 = (damage - defense/2) * 3
And solving the equation lead us to the formula which we called magicModifier because it looks like a bunch of random words and that's the literal definition of magic.

It wasn't tested in game and we only run various damage and defense numbers through it to see if the math works, and so far it has been. Let me know how it works for you if you mind testing it out.

EDIT: forgot the damage variable in our method is an int, you might need to do some rounding after multiplying it to our magical modifier
also @connery0 wanted me to credit him for all this

Last edited:
What? New teaser? Why not?

Contender - One can never be too careful
Contender.png

A Yellow-rarity handgun created with materials as dark as night. Exclusive to Corruption worlds, this handgun transforms Musket Balls into magic sealing bullets that travel shorter than most bullets, but get stronger when they are about to die out. These special bullets were especially made to destroy caster foes, which means the Lunatic Cultist can fall prey to these like all the homing projectiles he's vulnerable to. The Contender is a single-shot firearm, so it lacks autoswing. Luckily, it packs more of a punch than even the Venus Magnum and Phoenix Blaster.
76 ranged damage - Very fast speed - Strong knockback - 7% critical hit rate

Last edited:
As you can see, weapon values were tweaked a bit. Yet, I'm still stuck in a rut since the mod still needs coders and spriters for things especially like NPCs.

In short, development is barely going.

Another sneak peek for two weapons, highly requested ones at that. Also a second damage revamp for existing sneak peeks of weapons.

AR-15 - Twinkle in my eye
AR15.png
A Light Purple-rarity assault rifle, a special firearm planned to be only obtained via special core you get from Helian when she first arrives in your Terraria world. You can purchase one from her when all 3 Mechanical Bosses are defeated. Instead of the usual three burst shot, this fires bullets in fours, and the gun itself has a high velocity of 15 to boot. If you are at critical health, it gets... a bit explosive. Keep that in mind when you are at close range in a horde of monsters.
22 ranged damage -Very fast speed - Extremely weak knockback - 15% critical hit rate

UMP9 - I came here to :3 at your foes
UMP9.png

A Light Purple-rarity sub-machine gun, a special firearm planned to require a special core only obtained from certain Sangvis Ferri Ringleaders on their first causalities for crafting. This perky SMG has a quirky way to lessen ammo consumption, every 9th shot fired with not be consumed instead of having a flat percentage of ammo consumption chance. Critical hits slows down enemies, which cripples most foes for a few seconds. Bosses won't get affected by the Slow debuff however.
30 ranged damage - Insanely fast speed - Very weak knockback - 4% critical hit rate

Last edited:
Small update as coronavirus led me to working on this mod, which is based on a work which deals heavily with a setting plagued by a disease (ELID). I don't really like to be serious with how I work, but I really need coders and spriters for this mod, or else the hill to get over making enemies and Town NPCs is going to be huge.

Back
Top Bottom