Terraria: Labor of Love is Out Now!

So what exactly changed about Duke Fishron in this update?
The fight feels and looks the same altho he seemed a bit slower than usual i was surprised that i wasn't eviscerated and exploded into milion pieces by him when trying him on Master mode..

Duke's health and health scaling was increased, meaning its harder to brute force out-DPS him as an underprepared player.

Additionally, he is temporarily invincible during his phase transitions, which were often used by players to get in SUBSTANTIAL amounts of damage free.

Finally, a few of the key mobility accessories received some minor nerfs, and mobility is the most useful feature for defeating Duke, though I have no illusions that the mobility powercreep since 1.2.4 has been curtailed significantly. Even so, some mobility options are slightly weaker than before.

Of extra note is that Duke's enrage now is more intense. Some players deliberately used his enrage mode and exploited it for actually being easier in some ways to defeat, and this should be more difficult to do now.

If you were already someone who was comfortable defeating Duke with tier-appropriate equipment, you won't find the fight to be significantly different, except that it lasts longer.

The one other slime mount that has wings that should logically be able to break a fall?
well still, it's a slime and i think it would be a lot cooler if you wouldn't take fall damage if you can get accessories like lucky horshoe or fledgling wings pretty early on anyway. for now, i just made a mod that makes you take no fall damage with the mount and i really like it lol

well still, it's a slime and i think it would be a lot cooler if you wouldn't take fall damage if you can get accessories like lucky horshoe or fledgling wings pretty early on anyway. for now, i just made a mod that makes you take no fall damage with the mount and i really like it lol
You'd still feel the impact from falling at such a fast speed
In fact, realistically you should be taking MORE fall damage with the slime mount bc of how fast it moves

anyone seeing this weird red outline on terra blade waves on 1.4.4.3 pc? it only shows up after moving outside the main spawn/town area, but I can't be sure.
EDIT: It definitely is being triggered by changing backgrounds, and seems to happen when entering any non-forest biome.
EDIT 2: it seems to be hostile entities that trigger the change, not backgrounds.
EDIT 3: issue was found to be an accidentally left in hitbox, it's going to be fixed in the next hotfix.
1664910261556.png

Last edited:
You'd still feel the impact from falling at such a fast speed
In fact, realistically you should be taking MORE fall damage with the slime mount bc of how fast it moves
well it's a video game and in most video games slimes act in such a way that they absorb impact damage, slimes also don't take fall damage but the mount does

A few thoughts and an addendum.

I tested a few more hanging items in addition to signs and item frames, the war table banner, chandeliers, hanging planters/brazier, and the disco ball can't hang from platforms.

I don't know if this is new or not, but since yoyo strings can change fishing line colour, why not kite strings as well? Also there's rainbow string but no rainbow golf ball...

With the shadow candle being a thing, could we get black torches for consistency sake? And also just to have a hilariously useless torch.

Would it be possible to use the same visual trick as ropes to make platforms "connect" through rails? Picture to show what I mean:
Untitled.png

well... i just found out there is such a thing as a "trimerang", from checking with the guide.

but... "three boomerangs are better than one"?

if that's the case... why does the trimerang have less damage, speed, and knockback than the shroomerang alone?

is that intentional? cause it seems odd...

well... i just found out there is such a thing as a "trimerang", from checking with the guide.

but... "three boomerangs are better than one"?

if that's the case... why does the trimerang have less damage, speed, and knockback than the shroomerang alone?

is that intentional? cause it seems odd...

Because you can shoot three of them at once, while the Shroomerang can only have one out at a time.

At very close range, with the boomerang bouncing off the enemy and returning to you in a split second, Shroomerang might deal higher damage, but at distance, its DPS drops off considerably. Trimarang on the other hand can deal more reliable damage at distance, providing more dependable performance at distance, as well as a lot better group/mobbing capability.

Use time on Boomerangs is a rather irrelevant stat since they spend 75% of their time in the air, with you unable to "shoot another one".

Edit: Did a little testing really quick:
Rang Range.png

Shroomerang performs better in the closest 25% of range here, while Trimarang performs better (often MUCH better) in the distance 75% of range.

Trimarang also has a slightly higher max range in general too, and is more forgiving in scenarios where perhaps you miss a shot and find yourself defenseless while it returns.

Last edited:
anyone seeing this weird red outline on terra blade waves on 1.4.4.3 pc? it only shows up after moving outside the main spawn/town area, but I can't be sure.
EDIT: It definitely is being triggered by changing backgrounds, and seems to happen when entering any non-forest biome.
EDIT 2: it seems to be hostile entities that trigger the change, not backgrounds.
EDIT 3: issue was found to be an accidentally left in hitbox, it's going to be fixed in the next hotfix.
View attachment 385629
Debug effects are kinda cool. There should be an accessory that shows them.

Debug effects are kinda cool. There should be an accessory that shows them.

This isn't the sort of thing that's always on when we use debug builds, there are hundreds of temporary commands that we turn on or off as needed. This one was only left in for testing, and was to be removed immediately after, its not like some secret effect feature we have lying around at all times. Sorry, not happening :p

1.4.4.4 is now live for PC.

This includes a fix for the crash/save issue related to Windows 11. Please let us know if this solves your issues if you have been experiencing this.

The full changelog is listed in the OP of this thread

Can anyone help me with starting a thread? I want to start a thread about bringing the turkey feather to pc/console/mobile and I have looked it up but I think it has changed since then, can anyone help me with this? I appreciate any help.

Back
Top Bottom