Terraria: Labor of Love is Out Now!

Fledgeling wings are quite rare now. They're basically a lucky treat, and wings on the whole are mostly back in hardmode where (at least imo) they belong.

huh... i have 9 islands in my drunk world - 4 desert, 2 snow, and 3 are lakes

i got the fledgling wings alongside a balloon.

checked the wiki, supposedly it's a 1/40 chance?

lucky treat, indeed. :dryadhappy:

Maybe keg could use a facelift since it doesn't match the shape of barrels anymore. Not that big a deal, but I was using barrels in a storage area for my bar setup and the barrel sprite change made them not match (even though they do look more like barrels now).

Is there any reason the book guides, Encumbering Stone, and other toggleable items can only be toggled from your inventory and not chests or personal storage? Also, is there any reason Encumbering Stone doesn't work from the Void Bag? It'd be really nice to be able to just keep the Stone and Guide to Peaceful Coexistence in your Void Bag and toggle them as needed, without the annoyance of having to pull them out first and then put them back in.

One problem I am having with the Environmental Preservation is that pots and other such treasure breakables are annoying to break, but I don't necessarily want to destroy all of the natural tiles. I'm having a hard time using the Peaceful Coexistence book and the normal one in general because of it.

I know its meant to stop you from breaking normally breakable tiles, but I think pots should be an exception.

Last edited:
Is there any reason the book guides, Encumbering Stone, and other toggleable items can only be toggled from your inventory and not chests or personal storage? Also, is there any reason Encumbering Stone doesn't work from the Void Bag? It'd be really nice to be able to just keep the Stone and Guide to Peaceful Coexistence in your Void Bag and toggle them as needed, without the annoyance of having to pull them out first and then put them back in.

Void Bag functionality is not automatic. Though it has increasing support for a number of items, it is still ultimately a personal storage chest, and does NOT automatically gain any and all inventory functionality.

As such, any additions to Void Bag function has to be added manually. So no, there is not a particular reason why not, but at this time, it is not expected/intended functionality either. It would take time to add, like it would take time to add any additional Void Bag functionality support.

One problem I am having with the Environmental Preservation is that pots and other such treasure breakables are annoying to break, but I don't necessarily want to destroy all of the natural tiles. I'm having a hard time using the Peaceful Coexistence book and the normal one in general because of it.

I know its meant to stop you from breaking normally breakable tiles, but I think pots should be an exception.

Not breaking pots was one of the most requested features of such an item, so I believe that making it an exception would be counter-productive to its intended purpose.

Void Bag functionality is not automatic. Though it has increasing support for a number of items, it is still ultimately a personal storage chest, and does NOT automatically gain any and all inventory functionality.

As such, any additions to Void Bag function has to be added manually. So no, there is not a particular reason why not, but at this time, it is not expected functionality either. It would take time to add, like it would take time to add any additional Void Bag functionality support.

Not breaking pots was one of the most requested features of such an item, so I believe that making it an exception would be counter-productive to its intended purpose.
Ah, I see. Maybe there can be some Archaeology book or something, that only affects pots.
But yes, that does make sense. Just wish I had the option is all.

Last edited:
Now that I finally have 1.4.4, I have some suggestions for features and fixes, it would be nice if the Dryad was more precise with telling how much corruption/crimson/hallow, so if the world was 1% hallow and 0.25% of hallowed was cleared it would be nice if the Dryad would say that the world was 0.75% hallow, thats just a suggestion but I also have a bug report, if the world is 11% crimson and 1% of crimson is cleared, the Dryad will still say the world is 11% crimson, so it only updates to 10% if you leave the world and come back. For another suggestion it would be nice if ya'll added the turkey feather to mobile/console/pc, I know that you want some stuff to still be exclusive to the old gen console and 3ds so that theres a reason to play those versions, but I dont think the turkey pet is too important to them and I like the turkey pet so it would be nice if ya'll add it to mobile/console/pc. These are just suggestions.

I found a oversight in the german translation for the Seafood Dinner that it s give the big stat improvement even it got nerfed to giving a medium one.

I found that two otherworldly music boxes (in my opinion) appear mismatched (and the tiles).
1665180163871.png
1665180171387.png

Eerie is represented as blue, which seems odd considering that Eerie represents a dark sort of theme and would most likely correspond to red (because blood moon and such).
Snow is represented as red, but Snow sounds calming and relaxing, and blue seems to be the best fit for relaxing colors (in my opinion) (because sky and snow and such even though snow is white, but I think you get the point)

IF, and I mean IF this is an intentional thing, this comment can be disregarded.

Source:

Is there a reason why you couldn't just have hallowed blocks not come out of the shimmer until hardmode? This change makes frostburn arrows once again a limited resource.

So I wasn't crazy. Thank you.
I feel like it's going to take them some time to figure out the optimal way to balance the shimmer. Some of the fixes have felt a little like duct tape so far.

For instance this completely removed the ability to build artificial underground snow and underground desert in worlds without them for no reason because ice, sandstone, and hardened sandstone are limited 100% to the amount in your world. The pearlsand shimmer should have just been locked behind hardmode. White and yellow solutions make it possible to make ice and sandstone out of stone, but there's still no way to get more hardened sand that I've found.

I don't know if it's possible, but if there were a way to flag items bought via NPC to make them impossible to shimmer that would be a better solution than so much of the shimmer's functionality being reduced for adventure maps and skyblocks etc.

Last edited:
I feel like it's going to take them some time to figure out the optimal way to balance the shimmer. Some of the fixes have felt a little like duct tape so far.
Fair. There's going to be at least one more balance update which will probably offer better changes. I'll save my judgment then until after the balance update.

For instance this completely removed the ability to build artificial underground snow and underground desert in worlds without them for no reason because ice, sandstone, and hardened sandstone are limited 100% to the amount in your world. The pearlsand shimmer should have just been locked behind hardmode.
I have an old mobile 1.2 world that had no desert, so I understand what you mean. You could bring in items from another world, but I know many people like to play with only one world per character (and doing so means no bestiary completion on these worlds).

I don't know if it's possible, but if there were a way to flag items bought via NPC to make them impossible to shimmer that would be a better solution than so much of the shimmer's functionality being reduced for adventure maps and skyblocks etc.
What items are being held back because they can be bought by an NPC? I thought these patches were to prevent people from breaking progression.

What items are being held back because they can be bought by an NPC? I thought these patches were to prevent people from breaking progression.
The torch change is about progression, quite a few of the patches have been in response to people finding money duping exploits via shimmering craftable items sold by NPCs. A big one was the mechanic's timers, which could be broken down several gold bars and easily turned into mountains of platinum very quickly, but it also applies to copper tools and probably anvils next.

I do stand a bit corrected though, as the yellow and white solutions do allow making artificial ice and sandstone (though not hardened sand). I take back what I set about the torch change. It's fine.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why my android appstore is telling me that terraria is no longer compatible with my device and will not update to 1.4.4? I have a Galaxy S9, so there should be no reason for this, Please help

Last edited:
I'm loving the new flamethrowers, makes me wish there were more of them. If there were ever another content update, could the flamethrower be moved to either late prehardmode or early hardmode (nerfed accordingly) and a new cursed/ichor flamethrower be put in its current place? Maybe even throw in an endgame flamethrower with rainbow flames or something.

Is there a reason why you couldn't just have hallowed blocks not come out of the shimmer until hardmode? This change makes frostburn arrows once again a limited resource.

In this case, though the torch situation introduced some odd sequence breaks, there was actually some deeper complexity/bugginess with a number of Torch Shimmer recipes in the first place. The items that were created by those torches didn't make sense in the first place. Regardless of sequence breaking, the Torch decrafts needed to be resolved, and this was one fairly clean way to do it without a lot of individualized bandaids for a number of accumulated issues.

I do stand a bit corrected though, as the yellow and white solutions do allow making artificial ice and sandstone (though not hardened sand). I take back what I set about the torch change. It's fine.

I can look into seeing whether we could add recipes for making Sand into Hardened Sand/Sandstone. No promises, as I need to get permission for it, but I don't see the harm in it.

I can look into seeing whether we could add recipes for making Sand into Hardened Sand/Sandstone. No promises, as I need to get permission for it, but I don't see the harm in it.
Yay! Just knowing that maybe there will be maybe some more crafting recipes :)

Back
Top Bottom