Terraria: Labor of Love is Out Now!

Have you, you know, tried changing your headphones/speaker volume??
I'm no stranger to stuff like OS Updates & the like doing unauthorized screwing around with my Audio Settings (Especially common is damn OS Updates re-defaulting my sound into my off duty HTC Vive when I want it to STAY on my Realtek Output to go into my Surround Sound Speakers... :mad:) so this is the first thing I checked... no go, all of them are still at 100% as they should be & in-game Sound is all at 100%... yet when hearing the Music in-game it sounds as if it's only playing at like 25 - 40ish% Volume... :(

@Loki
Hey my friend, do you know if the drone achievement was added to Mobile with the 1.4.4.1 patch?, i haven't gotten to that point yet so I haven't been able to see it! 😆

@Loki
Hey my friend, do you know if the drone achievement was added to Mobile with the 1.4.4.1 patch?, i haven't gotten to that point yet so I haven't been able to see it! 😆

I can confirm through the Android version that the drone achievement is in the game for the Mobile version now. IOS should have the same update so it should also have the achievement if you are on IOS.

The torch change is about progression, quite a few of the patches have been in response to people finding money duping exploits via shimmering craftable items sold by NPCs. A big one was the mechanic's timers, which could be broken down several gold bars and easily turned into mountains of platinum very quickly, but it also applies to copper tools and probably anvils next.
Mobile 1.2 strikes again. OK, I see. The iron anvil doesn't work as it buys for 50 silver and components sell for 15 silver, but the copper tools are an issue. I looked through the items sold by NPCs and it does not look like other items have this issue, but I could be wrong.

I do stand a bit corrected though, as the yellow and white solutions do allow making artificial ice and sandstone (though not hardened sand). I take back what I set about the torch change. It's fine.
Hardened sand I think can be made by throwing glass or magic sand dropper into the shimmer, unless this was patched.

In this case, though the torch situation introduced some odd sequence breaks, there was actually some deeper complexity/bugginess with a number of Torch Shimmer recipes in the first place. The items that were created by those torches didn't make sense in the first place. Regardless of sequence breaking, the Torch decrafts needed to be resolved, and this was one fairly clean way to do it without a lot of individualized bandaids for a number of accumulated issues.
Fair enough. At the time I also didn't realize the extra solutions existed.
EDIT: Apparently some of the deeper complexity was torch god's favor. Torches would convert into jungle torches, which could be decrafted into torches and jungle spores, which could then be sold. The torches would then convert back to jungle torches, and the process would continue. The same could be said for basically all of the other torches made by "Torch God's Favor":
Desert Torches produce hardened sand which can be crafted into glass, then mugs, then ale.
Demon Torches produce obsidian which can be crafted into obsidian skulls.
Cursed and Ichor torches produce cursed flames and ichor which can be sold directly (but I don't know if this is made by Torch God's Favor)
Ice Torches produce ice blocks which can be crafted into frozen furniture
Corrupt, Crimson, and Hallowed Torches produce sand, hardened sand, stone, and ice. The ice could be purified and crafted into frozen furniture, the stone could be purified and crafted into statues, and the sand and hardened sand could be crafted into glass, then mugs, then ale.
The only torch made by Torch God's Favor that did not work was the bone torch, as it cannot be crafted (coral torches are not made by Torch God's Favor; I was mistaken here). In fact, shimmering Demon Torches would get you more than the sell price of the torches that were converted, meaning that you couldn't have the torches convert into aether torches + the extra ingredients (you could otherwise buy 60 torches for 30 silver, go to the Underworld with Torch God's Favor active to turn them into Demon Torches, shimmer them, craft the obsidian into an obsidian skull, then sell it for a net profit of 24 silver). So the only solutions were to have a "bandaid" of not allowing shimmering of any torches made via torch god's favor, or the fix made above.

EDIT 2: More information on Torch God's Favor
Late EDIT 3: Typo correction

I can look into seeing whether we could add recipes for making Sand into Hardened Sand/Sandstone. No promises, as I need to get permission for it, but I don't see the harm in it.
That would be a good idea. I would also suggest something similar for ice. Hellstone is still a bit of an issue but a recommendation I had in the balance thread was to have 100 hellfire arrows give 100 shimmer arrows and 1 hellstone bar in hardmode.

Also, does the Crimson/Corruption still convert normal mud blocks into dirt? The wiki says so but I'm not sure if it's right. If so, that's a bit of an issue with keeping the Jungle from being infected.

Last edited:
Also, does the Crimson/Corruption still convert normal mud blocks into dirt? The wiki says so but I'm not sure if it's right. If so, that's a bit of an issue with keeping the Jungle from being infected.

It isn't supposed to anymore, but there have been multiple reports of it still happening on both Console & Mobile. Its currently still a bug. It shouldn't be happening on PC, but that's something I plan to double check as well considering the reports of it still happening on Console/Mobile.

It isn't supposed to anymore, but there have been multiple reports of it still happening on both Console & Mobile. Its currently still a bug. It shouldn't be happening on PC, but that's something I plan to double check as well considering the reports of it still happening on Console/Mobile.
OK, thanks!

That would be a good idea. I would also suggest something similar for ice. Hellstone is still a bit of an issue but I recommendation I had in the balance thread was to have 100 hellfire arrows give 100 shimmer arrows and 1 hellstone bar in hardmode.
Something that also slipped through the cracks is clay, I don't think there's a way to get more of it yet, unless I'm missing some solution with shimmer.

wdym? Did they change the Razer lights thingy?
Not sure, as I'm super late to the party. I'll have to try and see if any of the newer Biomes do anything special?

Also, not sure if it counts for much but, my Synapse Updated right when Terraria Updated on Steam. :naughty: 🤷‍♂️
Terraria Updates 10.09.2022.png

I feel like it would be great to be able to shimmer the sandstorm in a bottle to get pharaoh’s robes and flying carpet renewably

I feel like it would be great to be able to shimmer the sandstorm in a bottle to get pharaoh’s robes and flying carpet renewably
Leinfors has addressed a similar suggestion (mine, where I say the pharaoh robes are actually a little too uncommon now) actually. As I recall something to the effect of "we'll see".

Is there a way to turn shadow orbs into crimson hearts and vice versa?, i mean, those that can be destroyed with hammers and bombs, since they have exclusive drops when you destroy one, right?

Maybe with the evil powders?

Unless they are obtained by crates

That would be a good idea. I would also suggest something similar for ice. Hellstone is still a bit of an issue but a recommendation I had in the balance thread was to have 100 hellfire arrows give 100 shimmer arrows and 1 hellstone bar in hardmode.

Shimmer doesn't work like that unfortunately.

No, they should not be.

Loving the new update so far! I just wanted to ask, would it be possible to let us favorite armor and equippables, in order to let us use the same items across different loadouts?

Right now, you'd have to craft multiples of each item you want to use in multiple loadouts, (for example wings or Terraspark Boots), and I just feel like there could be a better solution for that.

Letting us select certain items to be used across all loadouts, that would add a lot of flexibility - you could use loadouts to quickly change your armor, but keep all equippables. Or you could use them to swap a few equippables, but not all of them.

Is there a way to make the numbers over items in the duplication menu more translucent? With smaller items, such as ores, the 9999s over them all can make distinguishing them more difficult.

i noticed you can not have a world with all the bestiary entries in the same world anymore other than the zenith seed
because it says that the mechdusa boss is a monster made out of 3 sepret ones and i could not make it on the seed why?

I can look into seeing whether we could add recipes for making Sand into Hardened Sand/Sandstone. No promises, as I need to get permission for it, but I don't see the harm in it.
How about turning Sand into Hardened Sand, and Hardened Sand into Sandstone, at a Solidifier? I know it's the Slime crafting station, but it makes sense to me that solidified sand would be hardened sand, and if you harden that even further, it'd turn to sandstone.

i noticed you can not have a world with all the bestiary entries in the same world anymore other than the zenith seed
because it says that the mechdusa boss is a monster made out of 3 sepret ones and i could not make it on the seed why?
Mechdusa is one of the enemies that are not present in the Bestiary. There's no real Mechdusa anyway, it's just the amalgamation of the three mech bosses.

How about turning Sand into Hardened Sand, and Hardened Sand into Sandstone, at a Solidifier? I know it's the Slime crafting station, but it makes sense to me that solidified sand would be hardened sand, and if you harden that even further, it'd turn to sandstone.
I mean if IIRC solidifier makes asphalt so it's not totally out of hat.

Back
Top Bottom