Terraria: Labor of Love is Out Now!

Latest hotfix (1.4.4.7) is live!

Dedicated Server update and the details are in the OP of this thread.
Can't wait for the small updates to finally reach mobile but I'm still sad about the bunny pet staying a PC exclusive where people can activate it in a few seconds with little editing despite not owning the collector's edition while mobile has the carrot item but it's not working if you manage to get it say by going to a world with items (even in a multiplayer server). I would even pay for it if it was dlc or available in a special edition for mobile or if it's not about money can't it finally become available for everyone in all platforms?

Can't wait for the small updates to finally reach mobile but I'm still sad about the bunny pet staying a PC exclusive where people can activate it in a few seconds with little editing despite not owning the collector's edition while mobile has the carrot item but it's not working if you manage to get it say by going to a world with items (even in a multiplayer server). I would even pay for it if it was dlc or available in a special edition for mobile or if it's not about money can't it finally become available for everyone in all platforms?
They should put it for the Traveling Merchant for 10 or 15 Platinum, with a "Super Ultra Exclusive Pet" tooltip 😆

@Loki Also, how will crossplay work if PC has 1 more item than the rest of the platforms? 🤔

Last edited:
They should put it for the Traveling Merchant for 10 or 15 Platinum, with a "Super Ultra Exclusive Pet" tooltip 😆

@Loki Also, how will crossplay work if PC has 1 more item than the rest of the platforms? 🤔
I read something about the carrot being in the mobile version for crossplay to work, it will just not work and summon the bunny if you somehow get this summoning item

I read something about the carrot being in the mobile version for crossplay to work, it will just not work and summon the bunny if you somehow get this summoning item
Yeah but then you have Console version that removed the Carrot in version 1.4 i think?, and people like this person ended up with a Gold Bunny. o.0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221026-183021_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026-183021_Chrome.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 59
Yeah but then you have Console version that removed the Carrot in version 1.4 i think?, and people like this person ended up with a Gold Bunny. o.0
Well idk about the bunny but I see 1.4.4.5 update in Google Play for Android, no idea why it's not 1.4.4.7 and I can't find info about it here or in two wiki's but it's something

Well idk about the bunny but I see 1.4.4.5 update in Google Play for Android, no idea why it's not 1.4.4.7 and I can't find info about it here or in two wiki's but it's something

Console and Mobile updates take much more time to be released as they must go through certification by Android, Apple, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. This can take upwards of a week or more to do, so often, by the time a version is finished going through certification, the PC version's hotfixes have already updated several more times. This is something that happens entirely out of our hands, as it involves other companies taking things at their pace and on their schedule.

1.4.4.5 JUST now finished that process for Mobile.

Console and Mobile updates take much more time to be released as they must go through certification by Android, Apple, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. This can take upwards of a week or more to do, so often, by the time a version is finished going through certification, the PC version's hotfixes have already updated several more times. This is something that happens entirely out of our hands, as it involves other companies taking things at their pace and on their schedule.

Nice, can't wait for the other updates to come! Any word about the bunny situation? :redspin:

Building on this. It becomes somewhat of a treadmill. PC, we can put out hotfixes any time we want - every day, sometimes a few in one day, etc. For other platforms, there is a submission process that can take anywhere from a day to two weeks. You cannot submit another build until the current one is done... or you withdraw the prior submission.

So, if DR takes each hotfix, one at a time, and submits them... but then PC pushes out 2 more (likely) in the meantime while submissions are going on - they are forced into either "your hotfix is behind" or a cycle of constantly pulling and resubmitting updates and no one gets anything for ages. Keep in mind that this is not some copy-paste exercise where they just take a PC hotfix and its automagically on all platforms. Add to that the additional fixes that are specific to console and mobile, which require work to reproduce, fix, test, etc.

All that to say, the best approach is to pick "clusters" of hotfixes and submit them alongside platform specific fixes ready at the time. This is why its done like that vs one at a time.

That said...

Hotfix 1.4.4.5 is now live on Mobile (iOS and Android)

Changelog will be posted to the OP of this thread... but just so you have it. This update contains all of the relevant fixes from v1.4.4.2 - v1.4.4.5 as well as the console and mobile specific fixes below:
  • Fixed an issue where the Solar Tablet would be consumed without summoning the Solar Eclipse on Multiplayer, in Expert mode
  • Fixed an issue where the local host in a Multiplayer session couldn’t teleport to “Spawn” by using the Shellphone
  • Fixed an issue where the game would crash when researching within inventory on controller while using “Simplified” scheme
  • Fixed an issue where the Dreadnautilus wouldn’t spawn squids
  • Fixed an issue where some materials would overlap each other in the Rubblemaker interface
  • Fixed an issue where the Goblin Army would be summoned when using the Peddlers Stash in multiplayer
  • Fixed an issue where rope would display before platforms when both were intersecting
  • Fixed an issue where the Light's Bane’s visual effects would appear green instead of purple
  • Fixed an issue where the embedded icons would be missing from the getfixedboi world generation text
  • Fixed an issue where the Spectrum Kite’s tooltip would not update when playing on Touch or Controller
  • Fixed an issue where the Guide books' tooltips would not update when playing on Touch or Controller
  • Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes freeze halfway through Hardmode conversion
  • Fixed an issue where the Don't Starve shader wouldn’t apply to the world-gen UI
  • Fixed a minor issue which caused the Health bar to overlap the Mana tooltip
  • Fixed an issue where player was unable to trash items when crafted or when swapped with a crafted or newly picked up item
  • Fixed a issue where players were not able to unlock the “Appease the Volcano Gods” trophy on PlayStation
  • Fixed an issue where map data was not saving for players under certain conditions
  • Fixed an issue where Player and World names containing apostrophes would not stay favorited between sessions
  • Fixed an issue where some world names containing apostrophes would come through with broken visuals
  • Fixed issue where Skeletron couldn’t be summoned during the day in the getfixedboi seed
  • Fixed issue where the info accessory text would move when a button was placed too close
  • Fixed issue where crafting would jump automatically to the next item when holding the button down
  • Fixed issue where naturally spread corruption would destroy jungle instead of converting grass
  • Fixed issue where the transition row between surface and underground layers was pitch black
  • Fixed issue where the pencil icon would float on screen in K&M when chat was open
  • Fixed issue where Rotted Fork, Gungnir and Dark Lance would have glitched visuals in reverse gravity
  • Fixed issue where the NPC dialogue icons would not update to reflect their shimmered state
-----

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • The Google Play Store old "Trial" version (for players that purchased it via that route when it was available) has not been updated yet. This is due to an additional requirement given to us by Google for this version only. This work will take some time, we are afraid - but we will advise when it is completed.
  • Amazon version is finishing final QA and will be submitted shortly as well.
  • This update will be submitted to Console first parties shortly, just a few more tweaks needed there. We will share when those submissions go out (when we say shortly, think a day or two... depending on the weekend). As such, console players are more likely to get this next week.

If you use a dedicated server for mobile multiplayer you will need to head to the home page of Terraria.org to get the latest mobile server. Alternatively, click the link below:

We went ahead and put out the iOS and Android versions when they were ready because we prefer to get fixes into the hands of players as quickly as possible. We will let you know when the other versions submit and are out.

Last edited:
THANK YOU!
Hotfix 1.4.4.5 is now live on Mobile (iOS and Android)

Changelog will be posted to the OP of this thread... but just so you have it. This update contains all of the relevant fixes from v1.4.4.2 - v1.4.4.5 as well as the console and mobile specific fixes below:
  • Fixed an issue where the Solar Tablet would be consumed without summoning the Solar Eclipse on Multiplayer, in Expert mode
  • Fixed an issue where the local host in a Multiplayer session couldn’t teleport to “Spawn” by using the Shellphone
  • Fixed an issue where the game would crash when researching within inventory on controller while using “Simplified” scheme
  • Fixed an issue where the Dreadnautilus wouldn’t spawn squids
  • Fixed an issue where some materials would overlap each other in the Rubblemaker interface
  • Fixed an issue where the Goblin Army would be summoned when using the Peddlers Stash in multiplayer
  • Fixed an issue where rope would display before platforms when both were intersecting
  • Fixed an issue where the Light's Bane’s visual effects would appear green instead of purple
  • Fixed an issue where the embedded icons would be missing from the getfixedboi world generation text
  • Fixed an issue where the Spectrum Kite’s tooltip would not update when playing on Touch or Controller
  • Fixed an issue where the Guide books' tooltips would not update when playing on Touch or Controller
  • Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes freeze halfway through Hardmode conversion
  • Fixed an issue where the Don't Starve shader wouldn’t apply to the world-gen UI
  • Fixed a minor issue which caused the Health bar to overlap the Mana tooltip
  • Fixed an issue where player was unable to trash items when crafted or when swapped with a crafted or newly picked up item
  • Fixed a issue where players were not able to unlock the “Appease the Volcano Gods” trophy on PlayStation
  • Fixed an issue where map data was not saving for players under certain conditions
  • Fixed an issue where Player and World names containing apostrophes would not stay favorited between sessions
  • Fixed an issue where some world names containing apostrophes would come through with broken visuals
  • Fixed issue where Skeletron couldn’t be summoned during the day in the getfixedboi seed
  • Fixed issue where the info accessory text would move when a button was placed too close
  • Fixed issue where crafting would jump automatically to the next item when holding the button down
  • Fixed issue where naturally spread corruption would destroy jungle instead of converting grass
  • Fixed issue where the transition row between surface and underground layers was pitch black
  • Fixed issue where the pencil icon would float on screen in K&M when chat was open
  • Fixed issue where Rotted Fork, Gungnir and Dark Lance would have glitched visuals in reverse gravity
  • Fixed issue where the NPC dialogue icons would not update to reflect their shimmered state
-----

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • The Google Play Store old "Trial" version (for players that purchased it via that route when it was available) has not been updated yet. This is due to an additional requirement given to us by Google for this version only. This work will take some time, we are afraid - but we will advise when it is completed.
  • Amazon version is finishing final QA and will be submitted shortly as well.
  • This update will be submitted to Console first parties shortly, just a few more tweaks needed there. We will share when those submissions go out (when we say shortly, think a day or two... depending on the weekend). As such, console players are more likely to get this next week.

If you use a dedicated server for mobile multiplayer you will need to head to the home page of Terraria.org to get the latest mobile server. Alternatively, click the link below:

We went ahead and put out the iOS and Android versions when they were ready because we prefer to get fixes into the hands of players as quickly as possible. We will let you know when the other versions submit and are out.
THANK YOU
I was missing Blood Squid from Bestiary! 💙

Nothing other than its a complicated situation that we don't have a clear answer on right now.
Aww, hopefully this gets resolved eventually and not before 2050 or something 🥲🤣

Edit: Decided to build a Constant world after reading the mobile and console exclusive changes and the shader is applied on my mobile 1.4.4.5 when the world builds.

Is it normal for the main menu to look like this after building the everything world btw? I noticed cats meowing while the world was building but they don't while the main menu stays like this and don't know if this is intended but lmao and nice music!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-27-17-38-20-123_com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-27-17-38-20-123_com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_2022-10-27-17-43-10-395_com.alensw.PicFolder.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-27-17-43-10-395_com.alensw.PicFolder.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
@Loki
I understand you make hallow biom more friendly to the world and harmless to jungle, but I used to spread hallow to the border of jungle by holy water or solutions to prevent evil bioms. Now they all can't work. Can you change it back like before? I know evil bioms won't 'kill' jungle anymore, but they can still fight back after I use green solutions.
I used to make my glowing mushroom biome on the edge of the jungle because corruption/crimson didn't spread to shrooms, and shrooms don't extend over jungle. So use blue solution from the truffle to protect the jungle? It doesn't even have to be large enough to count as a biome, just like six tiles width are enough.

Back
Top Bottom