Terraria lag (clocked out at 30fps)

Qrow

Terrarian
Hello! i have an issue with terraria and my pc. For some reason when i use terraria in fullscreen and in the my monitors resolution (1920x1080) it clocks out at 30 fps and is just laggy, i have a gaming computer its not that it has lag the fps is just capped at 30fps, when i try to try another resolution (which doesnt fit my monitor at all and i cant see my health mana and hotbar) its buttery smooth but i cant see my whole screen. Please respond anyone i've had this issue for some time now and it just might be my monitor or its my pc being the most dumbest thing on the planet.

First things first I would delete your config.json located in \Documents\My Games\Terraria and then launch the game to redo your settings and make sure frameskip is off. Then go into the game and press f10 to toggle the fps counter and see what you're at. If you're still below what you think you should be getting then we'll need to make sure your system doesn't have dual graphics. To do this do the following:

• Press Windows+R
  • Type msinfo32 and press enter
  • Screenshot this window
  • Click the plus button next to components
  • Click Display
  • Screenshot this window as well.
If done correctly I will have two screenshots that tell me everything I need to know about your system.

I tried deleting my config.json i still havent gotten above 30fps here are the screen shots you asked for...

Attachments

• System Information 9_21_2019 3_18_55 PM.png
    System Information 9_21_2019 3_18_55 PM.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 127
  • System Information 9_21_2019 3_19_16 PM.png
    System Information 9_21_2019 3_19_16 PM.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 124
i've already done that in the past but i've been using the same monitor for a couple years now and it might be the monitor because the same thing happened with other graphics cards. Thanks for your help and i might re install my graphics card drivers in a bit and i'll tell you what will happen.

sorry it took me so long to reply i have to test it out in my living room which will take some work to move my pc out there but it wil prove if my monitor is just stupid or not and @Peril its not runner achievement nor frame skiping. but i will test when i wake up in the morning.

ok so i tried with a diff monitor and it was still clocked out at 30fps in the fitted resolution, at this point i may just need a freesync monitor because my monitor(s) dont support amd freesync, that may be problem i dont really know but yea and i also updated my drivers and still nothing.

ok so i tried with a diff monitor and it was still clocked out at 30fps in the fitted resolution, at this point i may just need a freesync monitor because my monitor(s) dont support amd freesync, that may be problem i dont really know but yea and i also updated my drivers and still nothing.
I have another thing xd

In the details tab on file administrator (when you are on terraria) search "terraria.exe" , right click and put "Set affinity" and uncheck cpu 0 (I saw it in this [SOLVED] Framerate issues on capable computer :: Terraria General Discussions)

While searching that discussion i encountered this (Closed - [GUIDE] Fix for low FPS on high-end computers | Chucklefish Forums) but i don't think that will work, since it is for starbound, and when i checked in Local_Machine i didn't see any "layers"

edit:I didn't even need to reply to you lol

1920*1080 may be a little demanding for the graphics card, considering it is one of the options that make the biggest difference. I did some quick research into it, and the highest it is recommended to go is 1600*900. Try running at that, then telling the results.

Back
Top Bottom