• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.4 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

PS4 Terraria lagging and constant freezing

Terrapin2190

Terrarian
Terraria freezes in an offline game session and only in a certain area in my world. I also notice a lot of lagging while moving around in my spawn point area which is populated by many 'shiny' blocks (ex gold, pearlescent, etc.) and decorative items.

I have also transferred my saved content from PS3 to PS4 around late December.

As far as freezing goes, upon initially loading my world and appearing at spawn point I have been able to zoom in and zoom out and travel to various areas of the world I've been building in. As soon as I go up and to the right of spawn point (which hasn't been changed from the center of the map) it freezes hard. Video is still present. I still hear music playing for a few seconds, then it stops. I have waited as long as 5+ minutes after this point. I then have to physically press the power button as the controller functions are inaccessible. I hear 3 beeps from the Playstation 4 system and video from Terraria is still visible for up to 1 minute. From there, the PS4 restarts itself and an Sony error report form is shown.

Hoping there is a solution to this or perhaps the next update will fix this issue. Just bought PS4 version and have been unable to play it.

I have also upgraded my system to 2TB and it claims to be a faster drive than the stock 500GB hard drive. Perhaps that could be an issue?

Top Bottom