Terraria Launch on Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The developers choose if it requires a membership for online? Doesnt that remove the whole point in the membership, and why would any dev make it require a membership, as more players will play your game if it costs less and has more features
I also don't know.
From the start, I told myself that and thinked it was a bad move by Nintendo. I still think that today, but apparently it still work ? idk, it a weird decision. But anyways, Nintendo are the genies here, they probably have something behind their head... probably.... i hope....

I found it on Best Buy's website (this page was made a while ago, I'm pretty sure), and it says it's $30. I hope this isn't real, because the Xbox One edition is $20. It's obviously going to be $15 or more, but $30 is higher than this game has ever been priced, I think.
I think this is likely not real because something about this seems outdated

I found it on Best Buy's website (this page was made a while ago, I'm pretty sure), and it says it's $30. I hope this isn't real, because the Xbox One edition is $20. It's obviously going to be $15 or more, but $30 is higher than this game has ever been priced, I think.
Wii U was 40$ (CAD). Don't remember about the 3DS though.

3DS's was 20, I know because I bought it and looked it up.
Also for the 3ds the price seemed to differ depending on what place sold it, like walmart had it for 35, and gamestop had it for 25. I think this is likely with the switch version too, maybe. pricing was for US so it maybe different in other areas.

3DS's was 20, I know because I bought it and looked it up.
Also for the 3ds the price seemed to differ depending on what place sold it, like walmart had it for 35, and gamestop had it for 25. I think this is likely with the switch version too, maybe. pricing was for US so it maybe different in other areas.
I also bought it for the 3DS (For a LONG time, me and my friend were only playing on that... until we got bored because we did everything)

Yes it is. That why Fortnite don't require online (Nintendo Online). Nintendo said themselve that it gonna be the dev who choose to be using Nintendo Online or not. That why not a lot of non-nintendo game use Nintendo Online, but all Nintendo one use it x)
That's because Fortnite hosts its own servers. All the matchmaking systems are done using Fortnite's servers and Fortnite's own accounts. Same with Warframe.

Unless we're gonna be making our own Re-Logic accounts within Terraria and having Re-Logic themselves host servers (definitely not gonna happen), it's gonna require Nintendo Switch Online.

That's because Fortnite hosts its own servers. All the matchmaking systems are done using Fortnite's servers and Fortnite's own accounts. Same with Warframe.

Unless we're gonna be making our own Re-Logic accounts within Terraria and having Re-Logic themselves host servers (definitely not gonna happen), it's gonna require Nintendo Switch Online.
If that the case, why do you need to pay for the Xbox gold service to play online if they can just use their own server ? That doesn't make sense.

And by the way, JS&B don't require NSO to play online.

Last edited:
will the game support cross-play in any form?
no
They dont control the price nintendo puts there, 30$ is just the price best buy is selling it for.

3ds was like 10-20, i forgot

Awesome! Follow up - Do we know currently if it will be updated to more modern versions of 1.3 or not?
Yes, later

If that the case, why do you need to pay for the Xbox gold service to play online if they can just use their own server ? That doesn't make sense.
Xbox runs it differently than nintendo, developers dont choose, xbox does. On nintendo i guess devs choose.

no
They dont control the price nintendo puts there, 30$ is just the price best buy is selling it for.

3ds was like 10-20, i forgot

Yes, later

Xbox runs it differently than nintendo, developers dont choose, xbox does. On nintendo i guess devs choose.
Yeah. They must have something going on behind the scene that explain it. Because if not, this make no sense.
I know Nintendo always had trouble with the online, but that just dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom