Terraria Launch on Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe it. I have been waiting for years to finally be able to play 1.3 (my pc is a potato and I only have Switch) and it is finally happening!

Guess ya people will switch to the Switch version of Terraria, huh?

Anyways... Great news hearing that Terraria Switch is gonna come out! This year has been a great bundle of joy for Terrarians, I guess... (E3 - Journey's End and now this!)

Guess ya people will switch to the Switch version of Terraria, huh?

Anyways... Great news hearing that Terraria Switch is gonna come out! This year has been a great bundle of joy for Terrarians, I guess... (E3 - Journey's End and now this!)
This joke is unavailable...
:p

Since I see the pricing stuff that tends to come up (PC is $10, <insert console> is more), I'll say what I always do:

• Pricing on consoles is not like it is on, say, Steam... where you can just list a price that you want
  • Pricing on consoles is most often done in a "analog" format (what are similar games priced on the same platform) - for Terraria, this is almost always seen to be Minecraft
  • Re-Logic has purposely not followed the model of slowly raising the price on PC (as MC did), creating a price discrepancy for Terraria vs MC on PC.

Take all of that together and you get the end result:
  • Terraria priced to parity with MC ($29.99)
  • However, RL is forcing the price on PC to not match MC... and that creates a discrepancy between Terraria PC and Terraria on any console as much as it does with MC on PC.
  • Terraria is a tremendous value - even at $30. Even at more, if you think about it. When you look at the sheer amount of content, gameplay, and hours people pour in... its a good value regardless. Just because we at Re-Logic choose to keep the PC price at such a low point doesn't change that calculation taken on its own.

Hope that helps at least a bit. I know this comes up nearly every time a console version comes out... and I totally get the issue on the face, but when you dive a layer deeper, its a bit more understandable.

It makes sense except for the fact that PS4 Terraria (and, I assume, Xbox One version) is $19.99. Also Minecraft is $29.99 on Switch but it comes with additional content (2 Texture packs, 3 skin packs) that normally has to be bought as DLC. Does Terraria on Switch have additional content compared to PS4 version?

Glad to see that the Terraria family continues to expand, with the beloved Nintendo Switch being a newfound member! Keep it up, Pipeworks! We’re all definitely very proud of you all! ~:D

I'm so happy! Last time I played terraria was on the Wii U (PC a few years ago before that) and I put so much time in it because I loved every single bit of it. The music, gameplay and much more. Most exciting for me was boss fights, the game looked so innocent until I saw that huge flying eye and almost jumpscared me, and I got super excited and interested. Only thing I never managed was beating the moonlord, which now I finally get a second chance on achieving that! Love this game so much, thank you so much devs of the game! :D

YES ! EYS YES Q8WEFUIWE4HFW4UIGHWHGUIWR YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ! I LOVE YOU, DEV TEAM ! I LOVE YOU, PIPEWORK ! I LOVE YOU RELOGIC ! I LOVE EVERYONE ON THIS D*** FORUMS !!!!!!! THJANKS OYU OMGOMG
Still not on the Eshop for pre-order though... :(

I have a question though. Is the online gonna require Nintendo Online or will it be free ?
Please be FREE Pipeworks

Awesome! Follow up - Do we know currently if it will be updated to more modern versions of 1.3 or not?
If you mean like 1.3.1 then no. They will come out a little bit later

After switch is released then Pipeworks will probably focus on getting switch up to date with PS4 and Xbox then the 1.3.2-1.3.5 will be worked on then released

DR Studios is working on mobile while this is all happening

Hope this helped!

Yikes, it's gonna be a pass for me since it's 29.99 USD. I'll just wait for a sale or something. I thought of all games on switch that would impose a switch tax, it would be Terraria of all things.

This is great news... Think I'll wait for a physical release, the prime reason I enjoy the switch. Patience is a virtue. :dryadhappy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom