Terraria Launch on Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Commence hype! Previous PC player here, hoping for a great Switch release. Can anyone shed light on how the multiplayer servers will work? Is it Minecraft style where you're stuck on a predefined set of servers, or will one Switch host it, or can a PC host the server for connecting to when the 'switch host' isn't online?

Thanks!

Hey all,

Commence hype! Previous PC player here, hoping for a great Switch release. Can anyone shed light on how the multiplayer servers will work? Is it Minecraft style where you're stuck on a predefined set of servers, or will one Switch host it, or can a PC host the server for connecting to when the 'switch host' isn't online?

Thanks!
They will almost certainly not be compatible with other versions, especially PC, due to them being different versions. Multiplayer servers between consoles (switch only), could be a possibility, but would probably be limited to the friends list of your nintendo account. I doubt that there would be any large servers like Pedguin's for the switch, at least at launch.

In today’s ama they said that we shouldn't wait awake for the release, so it wont be a midnight release :.(

Did the AMA talk about physical release date more? I'm wondering how much longer it'll take to get the physical copies out, and how long I'll have to wait if I wanna go physical. Would be nice to have a window

Okay thanks!! I saw pictures, but I just guessed that inside the case would just be a code to order it on e-shop.

Oh, wait, I’m sorry to misdirect you, but I just found out that digital copies will be available first, and physical copies will come at a later, unknown date. Sorry about that! ~:p

Woohoo!! Terraria on Switch!! I just have 2 questions, the first of which is probably dumb.

Will it support local multiplayer for up to four people? I'm not at all familiar with any of the console versions.

Do you think that it will be possible/practical to play with a Wii U GameCube controller and adapter?

Hello, I’m new to the forum. How to you change your “sub name” under your username. Like, I have “Terrarian” I’m just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom