Terraria Launch on Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out that the switch version only allows two people to play locally, which I realize is probably the same for all console versions but I'm still bummed nonetheless. ;(

So I just heard that local multiplayer is a planned feature, is this true? Will it include up to four players on the same switch? Sorry for being a dummy, I'm having trouble finding any information about it online. >.>

Exploring the AUD pricing with 505 - will share what I can.

Sure, MC Switch comes with a couple of texture packs... whether or not you feel that is worth $10 is up to you, I guess (and that doesn't get into the piles of DLC/IAP either). I could maybe argue that the time and effort spent on really adding robust touch controls to Switch (and trust me, it was a lot of both :p ) vs just porting over with the standard controls from console is worth that $10 and more if that is the issue. Regardless, again, the parties involved in pricing on consoles (first parties, publisher, etc) tend to use analogs, for us that is MC more often than not... and there you go.

The additional dynamic here is that 505 wanted to keep the digital and retail prices the same so as to not disadvantage anyone... and physical releases are inherently more expensive (and more expensive on Switch than PS4/XB1.

That said, I am wanting to know more about that AUD price myself....

Exploring the AUD pricing with 505 - will share what I can.

Sure, MC Switch comes with a couple of texture packs... whether or not you feel that is worth $10 is up to you, I guess (and that doesn't get into the piles of DLC/IAP either). I could maybe argue that the time and effort spent on really adding robust touch controls to Switch (and trust me, it was a lot of both :p ) vs just porting over with the standard controls from console is worth that $10 and more if that is the issue. Regardless, again, the parties involved in pricing on consoles (first parties, publisher, etc) tend to use analogs, for us that is MC more often than not... and there you go.

The additional dynamic here is that 505 wanted to keep the digital and retail prices the same so as to not disadvantage anyone... and physical releases are inherently more expensive (and more expensive on Switch than PS4/XB1.

That said, I am wanting to know more about that AUD price myself....

"Wanted to keep the digital and retail prices the same as to not disadvantage anyone"

Can you elaborate on this? Who is being disadvantaged by this other than the consumer? You should pay extra for a physical item since there is cost associated with that along with putting in stores again has cost. Digital should not cost the same as physical since you are not getting a physical product. So other than consumers who is disadvantaged?

Can you elaborate on this? Who is being disadvantaged by this other than the consumer? You should pay extra for a physical item since there is cost associated with that along with putting in stores again has cost. Digital should not cost the same as physical since you are not getting a physical product. So other than consumers who is disadvantaged?

Just sharing what I am hearing when I asked the same questions to 505. :)

From what I have seen, both approaches exist - again, taking the analog - MC is $29.99 digital and physical.

Then you have a game like Hollow Knight where it is different (and the physical is more than 2x the digital).

Sure, some people get physical as a "collectors item" - but a lot of folks get it because of internet issues. I know because that was me for the first year+ of Switch - downloading games just wasn't a viable option, so being able to go pick up a cart was a lifesaver. That is the person being disadvantaged.

Again, just sharing the logic as it was shared to me.

From what I have seen, both approaches exist - again, taking the analog - MC is $29.99 digital and physical.

Then you have a game like Hollow Knight where it is different (and the physical is more than 2x the digital).

Sure, some people get physical as a "collectors item" - but a lot of folks get it because of internet issues. I know because that was me for the first year+ of Switch - downloading games just wasn't a viable option, so being able to go pick up a cart was a lifesaver. That is the person being disadvantaged.

So you're saying that the physical to hollow k ight is double the price?
Time to buy it then, the developers really deserve it

yeah, they really do deserve it. I just hope silksong comes out soon :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom