1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Switch Terraria Launches Today on Nintendo Switch!

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by Loki, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Nigel368

Nigel368 Terrarian

I don't have discord.

2. InstaFiz

InstaFiz Slime Collector

There’s a section of the forums where you can find people to play with.
    Console Quick Hookup

Nigel368 likes this.
  3. Daniel1207

Daniel1207 Terrarian

One question. How can play 2 people in a one console in Terraria in Switch? Please.

4. TorchwoodTerra

TorchwoodTerra Terrarian

You can't - not yet. Split screen play will be added later - at least that is what they promised.

5. Chilllllll

Chilllllll Terrarian

Hey, I’m here to ask a question.

So, I have Terraria on my Wii U and I was wondering if you guys added a transfer feature so I could import my character/world onto my Nintendo Switch.

Also I have not bought the game on the switch yet. I will if I can do this.

Also I’m signed in with the same Nintendo account I use on my switch and Wii u

6. Dannyxv8

Dannyxv8 Terrarian

I guess it was since I placed that.

7. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

You could always make an account, its not that hard, but instafiz also gave another option.

you cant rn, its being worked on.
    I doubt they would do that, it would be hard. Creating a new world isnt that hard.

Nigel368 likes this.
  8. Chilllllll

Chilllllll Terrarian

Thank you for the clarification.

9. MOBILE GAMER

MOBILE GAMER Terrarian

Why switch 1.3 version is released faster than mobile why:sigh::sigh::sigh:

10. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

Switch is different coding, probably faster. Mobile you have to deal with different screen sizes, and touch controls. Switch is more simple.

11. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Skeletron

Another reason is that Pipeworks used to be in charge of the codebase for Mobile, until DR Studios eventually showed up late 2018 to take full control of handling Mobile, while Pipeworks continues to be in charge of Consoles, which includes the Switch version. ~:)

12. ZSapphireX

ZSapphireX Terrarian

Ok so far I have 3 problems, but idk if they're exactly bugs or just something wrong with me. First problem is; when I try to make a new world on my switch it freezes half way through and I've even left it for 30 minutes and nothing changed.
    Second problem is when I was finally able to make a world, I got into the world and after a few trees being cut down the game or the console will freeze, both have happened a few times even after turning my console off for the night and leaving it undocked.
    The 3rd problem, which is also why I'm posting this here, is that when I click on the report bugs link on the news post of the switch version to report these issues it tells me the page doesn't exist.

13. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Fix for the first should be in the patch coming up.

Not sure about the second, but hopefully so as well.

Bug Report link on page one works for me (just checked it)

14. ElderUFO

ElderUFO Terrarian

I'm glad it's a glitch because I was really frightened that my world was gone

15. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

My tv doesnt fit terraria on my xbox one s, please help its so hard to play.

16. Laggianput

Laggianput Terrarian

How long will it take for splitscreen?

17. GamerUnity

GamerUnity Eye of Cthulhu

World corruption? For such a game that has its gameplay based on the world that you generate, I do hope this gets fixed, especially to those who insisted on still buying the game even with the hefty additional price.

Termina Moon likes this.
  18. AirbendingEagle

AirbendingEagle Terrarian

I'm very happy that Terraria is finally on switch. I have one problem though (as I'm sure someone already pointed out). Whenever I create a Large World, I start it, and at least 2 minutes or so into the game it freezes. I hope that someone is working on a fix to this.

19. The Steampunk

The Steampunk Terrarian

Good afternoon, Terrarians!

I'm here to advertise my newest thread: The Boss Help Room!
    If anyone needs help with a boss, or is willing to help with bosses, please submit your questions/answers in my thread.
    There is also a poll that you may want to answer.

You can find my page here.

20. JesKlas

JesKlas Terrarian

They mentioned in the post under additional information.
    • Some Switch features we talked about pre-launch weren’t quite ready for prime-time, and we’re going to talk about them in future updates. These include:
    • Local docked split-screen
    • Local wireless multiplayer

Jayfox likes this.