Switch Terraria Launches Today on Nintendo Switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Android the most backward system? More attention needs to be paid to Android? I've been waiting two years. I'm disappointed in you guys.
I think iOS should have more attention too.
Isn't the publisher the one in control of the price?
well who else controls it, cause its unlikely nintendo does

Hey how do you report bugs on this website? I'm digging the switch version but its buggy which is incredibly, unbelievably, disappointing because of his long we had to wait for this to come out. Not (directly) blaming anyone but how's this happen with a game that, while still incredible, is old ASF and has been touched up and fixed/updated multiple times to make it run really well on other consoles. I dont know if this was normal when the update first came to consoles but o cant help but to feel like it should have came out with the most current update. Is there any reason why it didnt?
Theres a page for bug reports, although im not sure if it has been updated for switch

Terraria on Switch!?
I wish for Lock On capabilities!
It was on a handheld I enjoyed.(3DS)
Terraria on switch should have lock on, cause pc, and console have it. (3ds included, pc only while using controller)

Where can I go to find people to play with on switch?
In the discord server

So I tried reporting the bugs and when it asks for platform there isnt a Nintendo switch option. Until that gets updated I'm going to post some bugs I've found so far:

1. Auto save freezing
2. Standing water has a falling effect, occasionally
3. Swinging a sword will sometimes cause the sword to not stop swinging, if you hit pause itll stop. Additionally I've had items that weren't selected activate while this was happening
4. Lag during boss fights
5. Enemies not spawning in my expert large world, they will spawn every so often but in the center of my world I can stand there for hours and not be touched
6. Touch controls being activated without me touching them

I've already said this but dude.... come on.. the game is old ASF and is still amazing so why discredit this great game by releasing a shoddy :red: product??? If this is a Beta test so to speak then cool I'm fine with that but state that. I payed $30 for a product that I was excited for and yall didnt deliver. I think I'm done playing this until it's been updated, both for bugs and the missing content.

Thank you.

So I tried reporting the bugs and when it asks for platform there isnt a Nintendo switch option. Until that gets updated I'm going to post some bugs I've found so far:

1. Auto save freezing
2. Standing water has a falling effect, occasionally
3. Swinging a sword will sometimes cause the sword to not stop swinging, if you hit pause itll stop. Additionally I've had items that weren't selected activate while this was happening
4. Lag during boss fights
5. Enemies not spawning in my expert large world, they will spawn every so often but in the center of my world I can stand there for hours and not be touched
6. Touch controls being activated without me touching them

I've already said this but dude.... come on.. the game is old ASF and is still amazing so why discredit this great game by releasing a shoddy :red: product??? If this is a Beta test so to speak then cool I'm fine with that but state that. I payed $30 for a product that I was excited for and yall didnt deliver. I think I'm done playing this until it's been updated, both for bugs and the missing content.

Thank you.
Hi @Keener23, I see a “Switch” option on the form. Try the bug report form again. That is the fastest way to get the info in front if the development team. :)
Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

upload_2019-7-1_9-25-16.png

So far, playing on a small world, Ive not experienced any save file corruption, and Ive played through to molten tier gear. The edges of my screen are getting cut off when docked though. Not game breaking but annoying when you cant see the sun/moon position and parts of your UI. Sent it to the bug report form already.

You guys have me worried that maybe I should take a break while waiting for the team to fix it. The game does support save backups if your paying for Nintendo online, might want to set it to manual backups, and possibly try a small world in the mean time just to see if it runs reliably for you too.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but it seems that my Terraria Switch World has been corrupted. I don't truly know if it is or not, but it isn't opening at all.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/594963017691824168/594964419813965845/video.mov
video evidence of world not working^^
this comment will most likely not be seen, but i just wanted to put it out there so maybe people who might have the same problem could relate to me or have further info. than I do.

I really enjoy playing the game so far, but the world file corruption seems to be a huge issue. The problem is just like one the dy_l_a_n and Piggy0007 described - at some point of loading process any text disappears. Just sent the bug report - hope that it will help to solve this problem ASAP.

Hey there!

Your worlds aren't corrupted. This is related to a different issue when placing an item frame in the world.

The team is working on a fix :)

We'd recommend not placing any item frames in your world until we have a chance to patch this.

Last edited:
I’ve played the PS4/Vita versions before and just got this on the Switch. What is with this stupid grid cursor? Its making me not even want to play the game. Is there really no way to change it to the normal single block cursor?

Hey there!

Your worlds aren't corrupted. This is related to a different issue when placing an item frame in the world.

We'd recommend not placing any item frames in your world until we have a chance to patch this.

Oh, thanks for the reply! And big thanks for pointing out the exact reason!
My personal suggestion: could you make this info about "dangerous item frames" more available to the fellow forum readers? Maybe make a separate thread to inform people about the cause of this issue :)

Terraria on switch should have lock on, cause pc, and console have it. (3ds included, pc only while using controller

I'm sorry, are you saying that the switch version of Terraria already has the lock on feature or that it should be added? Because I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to use it if it's already in the game ha ha.

Is anyone else being locked out of their worlds? This sucks, £25 for a game and I get locked out of the worlds I put effort into. This is really isn't acceptable to have a bug this severe on launch, gripes like stuttering/frame rate issues are understandable. But the game is unplayable as it stands, I don't want to put another minute into it incase it locks me out of my new world. So so frustrating. I've been a terraria player on PC since launch, but this has really put me off the game for now.

They were waiting to update mobile for after switch release.

Not really true. DR is working in parallel - as shared in the June State of the Game.

Pricing on Consoles is not as simple as PC (and even on PC, prices are reviewed). There are more parties involved (caveat: RL are not directly involved in any of those chats, so this is all me sharing second hand info)... and it tends to be set based on a few factors:

• Price of analogous games (this is almost always tied to Minecraft for us)
  • Physical release price - matching that to digital to not disadvantage anyone

Take those two together and you get the price on switch (and xb1 and ps4). First Parties/Store owners are most definitely involved in all of that.

(That said, that AUD price has us asking questions as well... will share what we find out)

Sounds like PW is making great progress with fix patch #1.... hopefully not much longer before that is submitted!

Is anyone else being locked out of their worlds? This sucks, £25 for a game and I get locked out of the worlds I put effort into. This is really isn't acceptable to have a bug this severe on launch, gripes like stuttering/frame rate issues are understandable. But the game is unplayable as it stands, I don't want to put another minute into it incase it locks me out of my new world. So so frustrating. I've been a terraria player on PC since launch, but this has really put me off the game for now.
Yes. Devs should fix this really fast

Hey there!

I never placed an item frame and my world doesn't load either so, it's something else

I’ve played the PS4/Vita versions before and just got this on the Switch. What is with this stupid grid cursor? Its making me not even want to play the game. Is there really no way to change it to the normal single block cursor?
There is smart and manual cursor modes in all console terraria versions.
I'm sorry, are you saying that the switch version of Terraria already has the lock on feature or that it should be added? Because I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to use it if it's already in the game ha ha.
I aint sure, if it does have press X by default to use (or possibly Y). If you want to be sure then look for Lock On in keybinds
You must have placed a target dummy or item frame, which must cause this. Since you dont often really use target dummys or item frames in a normal glitchlesd play, the developers probably missed that bug.
Does anyone want to play online with me on my switch? My friend code is SW-4450-7148-6714
Use the #looking-to-play channel in the official discord to find someone to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom