Terraria launching to a white screen and closing

Senor_Giraffe

Terrarian
My Terraria is unable to open I have deleted config, re-installed Terraria, Verified game cache, re-installed .net, re-installed XNA, and downloaded some of the missing DLL files.

I have been browsing the forums and other people have had the same issue but was unable to find a fix to the problem.

Currently, the crash logs look fine as I fixed the RGB DLL files but event viewer is showing other errors.

This is what event viewer is saying

Error 2021-05-03 4:22:08 PM .NET Runtime 1026 None

Application: Terraria.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present(tagRECT*, tagRECT*, HWND__*)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.IGraphicsDeviceManager.EndDraw()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.EndDraw()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(System.String[], Boolean)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(System.String[])

Error 2021-05-03 4:22:09 PM Application Error 1000 (100)

Faulting application name: Terraria.exe, version: 1.4.2.2, time stamp: 0x60808c08
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0xe96aca1f
Faulting process id: 0xe28
Faulting application start time: 0x01d740732111612a
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: a2c2b581-eeb2-47fb-97fc-48fd8c0e4bca
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Attachments

• Log_20210503162205712.log
    138 bytes · Views: 76
This problem has been going on for 4 or 5 days. Things I forgot to add that I have tried include restarting my pc, updating windows, re-installing steam, running in compatibility mode, allowing through my firewall/antivirus, and running both as admin. I have been able to launch the game if I change it to full screen through the config and enable "Disable fullscreen optimizations" although it crashes at loading liquids 99%. If any information that I could gather would assist in figuring out the problem lmk.

One thing I have noticed is when I open my game a new file is created called Terraria.rz not sure if this is intended. It deletes after the game crashes.
1620099133023.png

Update I fixed the problem. Under my event viewer, it said Faulting module name: d3d9.dll so I looked that up and in a Reddit thread people were talking about Riva tuner statistics causing launching issues for certain games. I set my priority from low to none and both Tmodloader and Terraria now launch. I hope this can help someone

Hello sir, thanks for logging your journey in this thread, been having this problem for a couple days and you saved my :red:. Thanks alot.

I had the same error message as you initially posted. I had no conifg.json file at all in my C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Documents\My Games\Terraria folder. So I added the attached file, which solved the issue!

Attachments

• config.json
    4.7 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom