Terraria Legos?

Bleeech I think I'm going to hurl, Terraria is a sarcastic/gorey game that disguises itself as a kids game, this is like how the media made minecraft into a game for 10 year olds , they've made it seem all cutesy ;-;

(go to re-logic's youtube channel to see it)

Last edited:
Yep, turns out Re-Logic has since posted the commercial to their YouTube. It wasn't there when I posted the link to ispot.tv

That's...really bad. And not bad in a funny way, but bad in a bad way. The toys look decent enough that a little kid would enjoy them (My 7 year old cousin actually told me about them), but not for the people that the game is actually intended towards.

Of course, you can't really fault anyone for this. Re-Logic wants to get toys out there, but it's kind of hard to market a toyline about a game filled with slaughter, innuendo, and throwing things to kids. Then again, Transformers is about two warring factions essentially using the entire universe as their battleground, and committing countless atrocities, and they seem to be doing pretty well with the kiddies.

Anyways, to sum it up, toys look decent, but commercial is terrible. My suggestion is either make the commercial so bad it's good (like the infamous Dudicus commercials from the 80's), or just focus exclusively on the toys, instead of also adding gameplay footage. If there is a toy line for a video game, then, chances are, the person is going to look up the video game.

That's...really bad. And not bad in a funny way, but bad in a bad way. The toys look decent enough that a little kid would enjoy them (My 7 year old cousin actually told me about them), but not for the people that the game is actually intended towards.

Of course, you can't really fault anyone for this. Re-Logic wants to get toys out there, but it's kind of hard to market a toyline about a game filled with slaughter, innuendo, and throwing things to kids. Then again, Transformers is about two warring factions essentially using the entire universe as their battleground, and committing countless atrocities, and they seem to be doing pretty well with the kiddies.

Anyways, to sum it up, toys look decent, but commercial is terrible. My suggestion is either make the commercial so bad it's good (like the infamous Dudicus commercials from the 80's), or just focus exclusively on the toys, instead of also adding gameplay footage. If there is a toy line for a video game, then, chances are, the person is going to look up the video game.

It would be nice if they just made more plushies. Those were nice because they looked good, didn't cost much, and were fun to have. I hope that if they make commercials, its advertising the actual game.

It would be nice if they just made more plushies. Those were nice because they looked good, didn't cost much, and were fun to have. I hope that if they make commercials, its advertising the actual game.

Exactly. These new toys look terrible, but the plush toys actually look decent, and most people just have them because they like terraria, not to play with. I'm worried terraria is going to be like minecraft and even the forums will be affected, a bit worried now. I hope that re-logic doesn't get money hungry and just do stuff like this, but I highly doubt that will happen.

Exactly. These new toys look terrible, but the plush toys actually look decent, and most people just have them because they like terraria, not to play with. I'm worried terraria is going to be like minecraft and even the forums will be affected, a bit worried now. I hope that re-logic doesn't get money hungry and just do stuff like this, but I highly doubt that will happen.
I would be so sad if re-logic became money hungry. I look up to them specifically because they aren't money hungry. ;(

I found that commercial silly, and not very good at all. As in, it's crap.
No offence to the people who made it, but it doesn't fit the mood of the game at all. You run around slaughtering bunnies and watching their gore get strewn half-way across the screen in really well-made pixel art. At least with Minecraft, it's a more "laid-back" game, so it's understandable to make toys of it, as the general lack of challenge and that makes it appeal to those who are at the age in which they play with that kind of toy. Yeah, it looks to be based off the animated series, but is that really more popular than the game it's based off? Yeah, the animated series is portrayed as 3D, but it's really quite far from the actual game. The only thing that really matches are the people/enemies and equipment.

Although that Night's Edge I've seen floating around has a cool concept, just needs to be "better made", I guess. Make it seem less "loads of blocks pieced together" and more "one solid object" kind of thing. Like, there's plenty of artwork that depicts the blade as non-pixelated (the Steam cards come to mind), and that would be a bloody brilliant thing to have. I would get that. With Minecraft, you can get the swords, pickaxes or whatever, but they're rather simply designed. The Terraria swords past the first ore blades all look unique, and rather complex. If they reflected that, it would be brilliant.

You now. I'm amazed they even sell legos anymore, what with the cell phones and tablets floating around. I thought the only people who even used legos these days were those people who make giant :red:ing castles out of them.
Legos are incredibly popular, tell me, what are small plastic bricks that fit into other small plastic bricks via a system of pegs? I would rather build a lego set before scrolling through twitter...

Back
Top Bottom