Mobile Terraria Mobile 1.3 Release Date Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

At long last - and after many, many times asked for - we can finally reveal the launch date for the upcoming Terraria 1.3 Mobile Update!

In case you didn't figure it out from our Mobile Enigma video from earlier this week, the big day is....

View attachment 225340
Very special shoutouts to Apollyon (∆ㄕ◊レレㄚ◊и#9350), who worked as a team with Pikachu (Pikachu#3232), シRickjoseeツ (シRickjoseeツ#4924), and |ყσµɳɠ ℓεɠσℓαร|(|ყσµɳɠ ℓεɠσℓαร|#0586) from Discord, and @The Real Bryan and Mine® working together from TCF for solving the mystery the soonest that we could find on each platform!

(If you got a correct guess in sooner, sorry we missed it!)

That's right, in a few short weeks, you will have all of that Terraria 1.3 goodness - along with a complete overhaul and re-design of the Mobile Terraria experience - in your hands! We know you are as excited as we are! This has been a long time coming, but we are confident and thrilled with how things turned out, and we think everyone will agree that it was well worth the wait.

We will have a full set of release notes, plans, and information for everyone to digest on launch day, but for now, here are a few bits of info to keep in mind:

What platforms will receive Terraria 1.3 on launch day?
  • Android (Google Play) and iOS devices that meet the minimum specifications (see below) will receive the update on launch day.
  • Amazon devices will follow at a later date (not too long, we hope!)
index.php

Will my device run Terraria 1.3? What if my device does not meet the minimum specifications?
  • Please open the spoiler below to review the minimum and recommended specifications for Mobile Terraria 1.3.

MOBILE 1.3 SPECIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS BY PLATFORM

index.php
iOS
index.php
Recommended (Required for use of/playing on Large Worlds and for making full use of graphics settings, etc)
  • Metal Enabled Devices (A7 or newer chipset)
  • iOS 8.0+
  • 1.5+ GB of RAM
Example Devices (not all-inclusive): iPhone 6S, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4 and newer

Minimum Required (Required to receive and play the 1.3 Update)
  • Metal Enabled Devices (A7 or newer chipset)
  • iOS 8.0+
  • 1GB of RAM
Example Devices (Not all-inclusive): iPhone 5S, iPad Air 1, iPad Mini 2

***Note that devices with higher specifications will naturally see better performance overall and have greater capability for hosting multiplayer sessions, using more intensive graphic settings, etc.***

index.php

index.php
Android
index.php

Recommended (Required for use of/playing on Large Worlds and for making full use of graphics settings, etc)
  • Android 4.3+
  • Open GL ES 3.0
  • 1.5+ GB RAM

Example Devices (not all-inclusive): Google Pixel - Huawei Mate 10 Lite - LGE LG K20 Plus - Motorola moto g(6) - OnePlus 5 - Samsung Galaxy Note8 – Samsung Galaxy S7 - Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 - Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Minimum Required
  • Android 4.3+
  • Open GL ES 3.0
  • 1GB RAM

Example Devices: Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - Lenovo TAB 10 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Samsung Galaxy S5 - Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016)

***Note that devices with higher specifications will naturally see better performance overall and have greater capability for hosting multiplayer sessions, using more intensive graphic settings, etc.***
  • If your device does not meet the minimum specifications, then you will not receive the 1.3 update - however, your current 1.2.4 version of Terraria Mobile will continue to operate as it currently does.
index.php

Will this update cost me anything?
  • Only all of your free time as you get hopelessly drawn in to all of the amazing new content and features.
  • If you meant money, then Terraria 1.3 is free to all current owners of Mobile Terraria.
Umm im new here and i just wanna ask a question, will we need to buy Terraria again or just have the game updated?

So this is really happening huh? I don't even know how to feel right now!! Been waiting patiently, kinda. Am gonna delete all my worlds and characters for this. #freshstart

BFED159F-5E9D-439C-B884-FF7581993DA2.gif

Why on earth I will miss every important messages? Why I'm always the last one? I said: let's check my twitter, and then I saw that 8/27 is confrimed! (between you and me, I danced a lot because our found 827 was correct) and I came here and saw that they named me and the real bryan? I'm really late but who cares? The 4 years waiting finally came to an end. Thank you re-logic, DR studios and 505 games.
You are not the one who is truly late, and that’s just me and my lazy mind! ~:p

I knew it would be August 27th! A big shoutout to Mine® for helping me with solving the mystery! It was a pleasure working with you, and thank you everyone who followed my little adventure in the last thread! T’was a pleasure entertaining you all! The 4 year-long wait is finally coming to a close, which will placate Mobile Terrarians all around! ~:D

As usual, (most of) the community will eventually hunger, and once a few months in the update, the community will ask a new important question MUCH more important than the release date of 1.3 which will, lo and behold, most definitely, most likely be, of all things:

(After reading this, I bet that you all know what that question will be ~:p)

“When is 1.3.1 releasing?” I’m sure DR Studios will blast away that update, as well as future ones real soon after 1.3.0.7 is introduced (for the 3rd time)! ~:p

Last edited:
View attachment 225439

You are not the one who is truly late, and that’s just me and my lazy mind! ~:p

I knew it would be August 27th! A big shoutout to Mine® for helping me with solving the mystery! It was a pleasure working with you, and thank you everyone who followed my little adventure in the last thread! T’was a pleasure entertaining you all! The 4 year-long wait is finally coming to a close, which will placate Mobile Terrarians all around! ~:D

As usual, (most of) the community will eventually hunger, and once a few months in the update, the community will ask a new important question MUCH more important than the release date of 1.3 which will, lo and behold, most definitely, most likely be, of all things:

“When is 1.3.1 releasing?” or “1.3.1 release date?” ~:p
But i think with the speed of DR studio, the 1.3.1 and 1.3.4 may come to mobile quiet soon. Maybe before or after the 1.4.

Last edited:
I wonder if Chinese AppStore will be included in the releasing... I heard that there's already a company released a '1.3 Terraria Mobile' which was re-made by themselves(their version is...hmm...). So is it going to be switched to the formal version, or us Chinese players will have nowhere to purchase the mobile version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom