Mobile Terraria Mobile 1.3 Release Date Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• this.jpg
    this.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
I have a question is there gonna be a way to access the character and world file of terraria 1.3 MOBILE like in PC
Yes, there will be an easy way to do this, mainly for backup/restore purposes. We will have descriptions and instructions for how to do this at the time of the update launch.

Not sure what you expected. In this case minimum specs means if you try to run it below them your device or game will crash because it isn't physically possible for 1.3 to work on that device. Same reason the old gen consoles weren't able to get more support.

Cute words but minimum specs is mostly for a game to run stable, I finished bioshock infinite on a laptop on release due lowering the graphics by editing the unreal engine graphics text file thing that the game leaves on a folder,
My phones specs are slightly below the listed minimum, I expect lag, I don't mind lag when playing a phone game
They are outright gatekeeping and that is evil
And as I said way earlier, let the update drop for everyone, but the game defaults to a state before 1.3, and is up to the player if it wants to see how the new stuff runs in their phones
Gatekeeping is not good

Last edited:
Cute words but minimum specs is mostly for a game to run stable, I finished bioshock infinite on a laptop on release due lowering the graphics by editing the unreal engine graphics text file thing that the game leaves on a folder,
My phones specs are slightly below the listed minimum, I expect lag, I don't mind lag when playing a phone game
And as I said way earlier, let the update drop for everyone, but the game defaults to a state before 1.3, and is up to the player if it wants to see how the new stuff runs in their phones
Gatekeeping is not good

Every mobile game more complex than a toaster has minimum specs you can't just have multiple versions of a game in a single app especially with a compleat rewrite it would make it significantly bigger because mobile apps are all or nothing you can't add or remove parts at will also throwing around the word evil really save that for a real issue not the perceived slight of not being able to play a more cpu intensive game the phone I had when expanded world's were first added couldn't run them but I sucked it up and played what my phone could handle bigger games take more power and terraria was already big before I'm actually surprised at how low the minimum specs are

That is not how things are done.

You sound like perhaps a very tech savvy person - and that is terrific for you. Now, imagine you are any of a bunch of folks that have 1/10 of the tech savvy you do. They get the 1.3 update on their 8 year old phone (because why wouldn't they, its the latest right?) - and what do you suppose happens? It runs like crap, crashes every 30s and then they take to the internet and support tickets asking us why we ruined their game.

For Terraria, there are not a ton of graphics to turn down. Comparing a game like this to a game like Bioshock Infinite and using GPU/graphics settings as an analogy is just.... flawed in every way conceivable.

Terraria is a RAM and PC hungry game, primarily. There is no way around that - and no way to magically enhance the RAM on your old phone (seriously, the phones being supported here are from like 2013, which is another era in the tech world).

If you choose to see that as evil, that is your prerogative... but I'll wager that 99.99% of your fellow gamers will look at you funny and have no clue what you are on about. :p

What it is - in actuality - is making sure that everyone has a very playable version of the game on their device of choice. For ancient phones and tablets, that means 1.2.4.... for relevant devices (seriously, for iOS as an example, the line is the same line where Apple has set vintage/obsolete) mostly from the last 5-6 years, you are going to be eligible for the new stuff.

Literally the way of things in the tech sector - whether it be consoles, PCs, or even mobile devices. Not sure what else to say.

Gatekeeping is not good
The game will be considered flawed if it is released for phones with lower specs than required thus not getting good feedback, remember not every one is a tech wizard :)

1 question : does my mobile terraria fix? cause i have an post-plantera character and my terraria after launch says "failed to download/install" and i don't want to reinstall game. (sorry for bad english)

9 days left.
now 8 days left.

Cute words but minimum specs is mostly for a game to run stable
don't get mad, in minimum specs, only openGL 3.0 is important (if have an android) because low ram would make your phone overheat and got low fps and etc. But if you don't have openGL 3.0 , you are doomed to buy another phone, because it WON'T be playable, you can hear music but everything is purple, pure purple. I say those because I'm an exprienced person in this kind of work. There is a slight chance that you can survive purple screen, (with some tricks like gltools) but google play won't let you download the app. If you are going to download the app outside the official store, you place is not here. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
1 question : does my mobile terraria fix? cause i have an post-plantera character and my terraria after launch says "failed to download/install" and i don't want to reinstall game. (sorry for bad english)

I’m pretty sure that the whole engine will get itself refreshed, and that includes the entire game and your character being able to install! ~:)

I have a question. Will hammering be easier in the 1.3 update as opposed to current? I always have trouble hammering platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom