Mobile Terraria Mobile 1.3 Release Date Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 6 days more. I can't wait now. These few days after the announcement of the release date was longer than the past 4 years. :(

Should you backup your worlds and characters? :indifferent:

I'm afraid that given the discontinuation of the device and the announced withdrawal of any support from MS for the Win10 mobile OS by the end of 2019 (with MS even suggesting that WP users migrate to iOS or Android devices), we had to make the decision to not produce the update for Windows Phone.

Microsoft recommends switching to iPhone or Android as it prepares to kill off Windows phones

Sorry about that - I understand that the hardware may be capable, but the effort to build a side version for what is a soon-to-be dead platform is pretty risky (b/c MS will not help us out if there are any issues either... nor will they help you).

Should you backup your worlds and characters? :indifferent:
If you have a way to do that, it wouldn't hurt, but I don't know how to tell you to do that. The in-game 'move to cloud' feature was crippled by Google some time ago, and doesn't work for most people. The local files aren't really accessible in the current version.

The update process will convert your worlds and characters for you, and leave a copy of the extracted data so that in the (hopefully rare) case that something goes wrong, there's a source file that DR Studios can use to debug it. While this may seem scary, throughout the beta testing this has worked very smoothly.

But if the .cs and .csworld files are moved from Google Drive to the 1.3 folder, will them be converted anyway? The 1.2 doesn't even detect that folder so I can't put the files in the local data and then update the game

But if the .cs and .csworld files are moved from Google Drive to the 1.3 folder, will them be converted anyway? The 1.2 doesn't even detect that folder so I can't put the files in the local data and then update the game
Just hold on to those files for now, on Google Drive.

After the app is updated and your local files are converted, THEN you will be able to move them to your device and convert them.

We'll have detailed instructions/examples on launch day.

Just hold on to those files for now, on Google Drive.

After the app is updated and your local files are converted, THEN you will be able to move them to your device and convert them.

We'll have detailed instructions/examples on launch day.
Good to know. Thanks for the information

I believe the developers are unsure. I cannot be certain but I think an administrator or dev mentioned this in an earlier post in these pages.

That is not how things are done.

You sound like perhaps a very tech savvy person - and that is terrific for you. Now, imagine you are any of a bunch of folks that have 1/10 of the tech savvy you do. They get the 1.3 update on their 8 year old phone (because why wouldn't they, its the latest right?) - and what do you suppose happens? It runs like crap, crashes every 30s and then they take to the internet and support tickets asking us why we ruined their game.

For Terraria, there are not a ton of graphics to turn down. Comparing a game like this to a game like Bioshock Infinite and using GPU/graphics settings as an analogy is just.... flawed in every way conceivable.

Terraria is a RAM and PC hungry game, primarily. There is no way around that - and no way to magically enhance the RAM on your old phone (seriously, the phones being supported here are from like 2013, which is another era in the tech world).

If you choose to see that as evil, that is your prerogative... but I'll wager that 99.99% of your fellow gamers will look at you funny and have no clue what you are on about. :p

What it is - in actuality - is making sure that everyone has a very playable version of the game on their device of choice. For ancient phones and tablets, that means 1.2.4.... for relevant devices (seriously, for iOS as an example, the line is the same line where Apple has set vintage/obsolete) mostly from the last 5-6 years, you are going to be eligible for the new stuff.

Literally the way of things in the tech sector - whether it be consoles, PCs, or even mobile devices. Not sure what else to say.
Would we be able to play Terraria Mobile in the Future with enhanced graphics specifically for device s with quite a lot of RAM for example the high end Samsung Galaxy S10 with 12 Gigabytes of RAM in the settings?

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Does anyone know how much longer the release will be for Amazon? Days, weeks, months?

I severely doubt months. Weeks is probably the more likely? Days, maybe a bit too aggressive.

That said, I am *not* the one doing the dev work there, so I could be wrong. :)

Is this going to be cross compatible? So I could play on the iPad while my friend plays on Mac?

No, PC/Mac is a wholly separate version of the game (1.3.5)

Would we be able to play Terraria Mobile in the Future with enhanced graphics specifically for device s with quite a lot of RAM for example the high end Samsung Galaxy S10 with 12 Gigabytes of RAM in the settings?

If you mean higher resolutions, the launch build should support the native resolution of the given device, with some adjustments for screen size etc. Beyond that, Terraria itself does not have "enhanced graphics" beyond what is on the PC version... which is pretty much what you are getting already with 1.3. Sorry if I misunderstood the question - let me know if I did. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom